• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

TheGreenChileMonster's 2017 GLOG

Now that it is almost time to plant out, I figured I'd start up my GLOG for the year. I've cut out almost all superhots this year, and am growing solely peppers I regularly cook with. Here is a link to my glog last year:

http://thehotpepper.com/topic/60119-thegreenchilemonsters-2016-grow/

I did a good job documenting my grow last season, but I plan to give more regular updates this year. I'm growing more veggies this year too, so I needed to free up some space in my garden. Here is the list for the year. All of these are either OW plants or well established seedlings.

Aji Limo
Aji Mochero
Aji Amarillo
Aji Pacay
Aji Arnaucho
Aji Dulce
Aji Largo (Pubescens)
Aji Oro (Pubescens)
Rocoto Rojo Arequipeño
Rocoto Oculto
Red Peruvian Rocoto
Giant Red Rocoto
Giant Yellow Rocoto
Rocoto Peru Cusco
Mini Red Rocoto
Large Red Rocoto
Turbo Pube
Guatemalan Red Rocoto
Carolina Reaper

I'll start posting pics and updates as soon as I start planting out over the next few weeks. There may also be some veggie and home brew pics in this GLOG throughout the season.

In my jam I used 2 lbs of white grapes, 2 pounds of strawberries, 4reapers,4ghosts,4caribbean red habs, and three ripe jalapenos, and about 12 cups of sugar and a pack of pectin. I think I put a couple spoonfuls of raw honey in there too. And 2 cups of apple cider vinegar. You just stir a couple spoonfuls into a block of cream cheese, get out some Ritz crackers and go to town

It's 75 degrees and clear skies today, so perfect weather to do some pepper picking!
I've also got some ribs on the smoker, and am enjoying an ice cold beer. I'm sure going to miss this weather, once frost hits.

This pile is all of the non Pubescens I picked.

Cheers!

Attachments

• 20171102_141955.jpg
    20171102_141955.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 57
  • 20171102_144044.jpg
    20171102_144044.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 61
Thegreenchilemonster said:
I also picked a nice pile of Pubescens. There a lot of rocoto pods on my plants that are starting to ripen. I'm hoping we continue to stay frost free for a few more weeks, so I can get at least one more haul.

Oh man, you and Malarky! I had my first slice of homemade English Muffin toast with jelly from that damn recipe of yours this morning...How the hell have I gone without that sweet shit all these years?!?

Next years grow is looking very Pube/baccatum heavy! I need to grow some giant Rocotos to stuff, these are ambrosia!!

Thanks for your stewardship on that recipe, Dale. It made my middle age!

stettoman said:

Oh man, you and Malarky! I had my first slice of homemade English Muffin toast with jelly from that damn recipe of yours this morning...How the hell have I gone without that sweet shit all these years?!?

Next years grow is looking very Pube/baccatum heavy! I need to grow some giant Rocotos to stuff, these are ambrosia!!

Thanks for your stewardship on that recipe, Dale. It made my middle age!
I'm glad you are enjoying the Pubescens! I would highly recommend growing some aji amarillos next year, if you weren't already planning to do so. They are super versatile in the kitchen.

Thegreenchilemonster said:
I'm glad you are enjoying the Pubescens! I would highly recommend growing some aji amarillos next year, if you weren't already planning to do so. They are super versatile in the kitchen.

Yah Dale, I'm going to grow the Aji Amarillos yearly. I have a potted one that I've decided to try to overwinter along with an Aji Mango. The Aji Amarillo seed came from PaulG. Where I am, and with the slow nature of the Aji Amarillo, I'll be potting them all next year, with any luck greenhousing them as well.

Here is a fun comparison of the aji amarillo I grow, and the aji pacae I grow. They are both close Capsicum Baccatum cousins, but the pacae is obviously insanely larger...also sweeter, and less seedy.

Aji amarillo pods are on the right side of the pic, of course.

Attachments

• 20171115_090431.jpg
    20171115_090431.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 60
Sorry it took me so long to get back here, Dale! 

Looks like a very good season for you this year,
based on the impressive array of peruvian peppers
pictured in the grow log!

Enjoy the Thanksgiving holiday 

Back