• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

This clown at work.

. There is a guy at work who has comments about everything I do.EVERYTHING, my diet, my exercise, my hours, what I drink, what i say to other people, He will hear a story and criticize me for what I would have done had it been me in the story. He will comment on how I do things he doesn't understand (statistics,programming), Spews constant negativity.
I used to react by mocking or arguing with him. Then I realized something; I could be more positive myself. When a new idea comes up I should focus on making it work instead of finding its flaws. That I owed it to my co-workers to be encouraging and cheerfull. I used Mr. Negativity as a reminder of how not to behave. Without a reminder we will all fall back into old habits.

What are the consequences? Everyday the negative guy works his reputation degrades. In order to understand something he has to get over the hurdle of his knee-jerk reaction to reject it. He hates work and probably his life. I am going the other direction. My life is improving by every measure and I am finding I can use knowledge much quicker.
The person you face is a great opportunity for growth. By not reacting or by framing the conversation as an example of how all knowledge is perceived you will gain discipline. Don't do it to be superior; do it to remain open.

Today I took slivers of the other half of that butch t to work. I was hoping to find him and give him one but he was off. I did give away 4 and one guy ate one on break. I think it had lost potency because it sat in my fridge cut in half for a day and then the slivers in seed baggies in my pockets pretty much all day. You could see the yellow oil in the bag. He ate it, flipped out at the heat, he regained his composure quickly though because he has a pint of ice cream. I will hear the rest of the stories when I get back on Monday.

Years back I had that kind of arugement at work, I was a welder at the time, anyway one of the youngsters saw me munching a Biker Billy Jalapeno and told me if i want to eat a real pepper I need to eat some serrano peppers as they were the hottest pepper you can get, this was back in 1998 and at that time I just had a small amount of hot peppers at that time one was a chocolate congo pepper and the others were the biker billy and a small chiltepin bush. Both the chocolate congo and the chiltepin came from the USDA Seed Bank and were loaded with ripe peppers. What I did was take several chocolate congos and deseeded them leaving the placenta intact and took a handful of chiltepins and gently mixed them with a little cream cheese to hold them together and stuffed them in the chocolate congo and then dipped and deep fried the puppies. The next day I handed them out to the kid and a couple of his smart ass friends. I told them that I called them cluster bombs and that they made his serranos taste like a bell pepper, and if he was a real pepper eater he should be able to eat them like candy. His friends at that point were giving me the stink eye, but not to look like wimps popped the small cluster bombs in their mouths. After that they left me the heck alone when I was eating, I still wish I had a Ghost or Trinidad Scorpion to use, they did do a lot of push and shove at the water fountain which made me smile the rest of the day.
george W.

Me and a mate hade a massive debat for about a week because he thought that the Bhut Jolokia was still the hottest so i told him to check the Guiness website.

That got him 2 shut up :D

Dont forget the cream cheese :-)

I <3 walmart. A 1 stop shop

F da mah and pah over priced stores

Yeah, F the hard working ma and pa places that have probably been family run since before your parents were born.

Better to support the mass chain corporate conglomerate that only pays minimum wage and gets all there crap from China.

Glad to hear you're on board with the "buy local and support your small businesses" theory.

Whatever~

Dont forget the cream cheese :-)

I <3 walmart. A 1 stop shop

F da mah and pah over priced stores

I agree, I love Walmart, but...

I will at any point spend more $ and support a local business. Whether it's a local hardware store (where you will spend more $ for everything and probably not find what you need), or a small town mom and pop 1 stop shop grocer (where you will also overpay and possibly not find everything you need), I would rather keep jobs local and spend my $ where I live than give to a big box store. Plus it's kinda like going to Cheers, where everybody knows your name. I like to walk into a place and have everyone yell "NORM", even though that's not my name :lol:

The problem I have with working for local businesses is that most of them are under 15 employees so there are some laws they are exempt from. For example the place I worked before walmart called there installer crew by a different name thus exempted both installers and shop workers from 15 minute breaks, hour lunches, overtime, insurance, and other things. Secondly, local businesses have no higher authority to answer to so they can treat their employees however they want. For example my former bosses would have me to go mow their personal lawns and they also had other properties which I would have to go maintenance. It could very well be 110 outside and if they came by and caught me taking a break I was then a lazy S.O.B. and and an idiot and I don't get paid to sit on my ass and blah blah for a whoping $7.50 an hour... I make well more than that at walmart and I am treated with respect!

Back