• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

This seasons must have plant?

Not a pepper, but hops! Gotta grow a couple of rhizomes, mostly in containers so I can move them after this season is over.

Mike
I'm with you there. This will be the 2nd season for my cascade and chinook so i'm expecting them to explode this year. Not going to waste time on new rhizomes though. Hard to find growspots living in an apartment.

Wow I hope you guys post pics when they get going.

I think next round I am going Butch

Fatalii - just cause I need to know why the hell everybody grows them.

The Infinity I just gotta try and if at all possible I will have a stab at the possibly unstable viper.
You will love the fatalii! I just went through the last of my dried pods from last year and made a nice 16oz of fatalii powder. Definitely worth growing and give very bountiful harvests.

My must have plants this year all have black seeds. I can't wait for those fuzzy leaves to start growing. :) I'm likely to grow the vietnamese mountain pepper again as well. what a producer that sucker is!

Here's a few I'll be growing this year:

Blondie

Chupetinho

Iquitos

Large Ulupica

Vanero

Zanahoria Triangulo

dvg

You will love the fatalii! I just went through the last of my dried pods from last year and made a nice 16oz of fatalii powder. Definitely worth growing and give very bountiful harvests.

My must have plants this year all have black seeds. I can't wait for those fuzzy leaves to start growing. :) I'm likely to grow the vietnamese mountain pepper again as well. what a producer that sucker is!

Yeah I am looking keen to rty them. Wow that mountain pepper one sound mysterious.
Here's a few I'll be growing this year:

Blondie

Chupetinho

Iquitos

Large Ulupica

Vanero

Zanahoria Triangulo

dvg

Gosh I hope you put some pics up later, never heard of those but keen to know more.

and a hotter than the hinges of hades mystery 7 pod red that may be something else (Butch T??) The identity was lost at a chilihead party where I got the seeds from a fresh pod.

Walt...yes that was a Butch T Scorp that you are referring to! I remember it well! :hell:

Walt...yes that was a Butch T Scorp that you are referring to! I remember it well! :hell:

I've got about 10 of those devils (Butch T Scorp seeds) growing in 3" pots now. I'm tingling with antici.........pation for harvest time. Actually, my left eye is. Yesterday, I planted a few more of those seeds and somehow dust from handling them got into my left eye and it felt like it was hit with a soldering iron. I really did not touch my eye and a dust particle of the Butch T Scorp from the chile party ate me up for about 15 minutes.
hell.gif

I've got about 10 of those devils (Butch T Scorp seeds) growing in 3" pots now. I'm tingling with antici.........pation for harvest time. Actually, my left eye is. Yesterday, I planted a few more of those seeds and somehow dust from handling them got into my left eye and it felt like it was hit with a soldering iron. I really did not touch my eye and a dust particle of the Butch T Scorp from the chile party ate me up for about 15 minutes.
hell.gif

Ouch yes I have been a victim of it too, Butch T has to be the go for me this year too.

Pretty much trying to grow every super hot this year. Staying away from all the habaneros for the most part. Maybe a couple just because they send out a ton of pods.

for me, as it was my first season last year. basically anything i can get my hands on. lol.

now, after tasting several varities. i'm sticking to chinenses, flavorful peppers and sweet and or mildly hot peppers.

not really fond of that annuum sting or frutescens throat burn.

i like the long and slowly increasing burn from chinenses, and its flavor too.

This year on The island of Portland we be mostly growing Trinidad scorps and Aja lemons.

Should go well with Conger Eel
woohoo.gif

I have definitely expanded my seed list this year. I think the ones I am the most excited about were:

Capsicum tovarii - for obvious reasons
Capsicum galapagoense - see above
7 Pod Brain Strain - oh my brain hurts...
Rocoto / Manzanos - I think I'm in love!
Pimenta de Neyde - cool looking pods

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

HAPPY GROWING ALL!!!

I'm excited about all of them as I am each year. I will be doing all container gardening this year as I am letting my little plot fallow...

As I will be somewhat constrained with my "footprint" this year, I am concentrating on those that I love to eat.

Jalapeno, Datil, Goat Horn, Grenada Hot, Caribbean Red, and Anaheim varieties mostly. But also Trinidad Scorpion and 7 pot because they look so cool!

Man so many I never heard of before, does anyone know a wiki type site thats lists all known varieties? Hmm that could be bad this desire to grow everything is close to becoming an OCD.

Don't know any Wiki type sites but here are a couple database sites that have a lot listed:

http://www.thechileman.org/
http://www.g6csy.net/chile/database.html

Chileman is kind of the go to database with pictures. It also has pictures of a lot of wild species.

Back