smokers THP Illuminati doubt Ivy League's Ultimate Smoker

grantmichaels said:

you get it and you don't even know it ...

see sous vide ... see cinder (Ashen gets it) ...

like all things, the devil's in the details, and relentless QA processes ...

adding convection or additional thermal mass to any oven ...

there are temperatures where meat is the mostly the same at them from steak to steak ...

want Medium? ... it's 134F ...

want Rare? ... 131F ...

Medium Well is 136F ...

Well is 138F ...

and there's no f**king magic happening between them, it's a gradient ...

if you don't really use the science, nothing is real, it's a collection of passed down rules ...

the science works ... every time ... which is why it's science ...

the problem is that people who don't grok science, can't leverage it ... their application of science sucks, and so they think it sucks ...

BOOM.

500 bucks for a PIR hot plate though. who is seriously going to consider buying that.

are there more reasonable alternatives?

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Because the chips catch fire you non cooking tard muffin :)
:doh: I've been drinking you fruit tart.

Yeah, you said it, the $400 lab version that doesn't have the feature that makes the culinary-specific one more useful ...

What's your price for better steak every time, for the lifetime of a machine? ... $500 seems reasonable ...

It's edgy day, I guess ...

This will be more fun after some OH ...

/hiss-off-can-of-cc-maduro-brown-ale

grantmichaels said:
Yeah, you said it, the $400 lab version that doesn't have the feature that makes the culinary-specific one more useful ...

What's your price for better steak every time, for the lifetime of a machine? ... $500 seems reasonable ...

no a PIR hot plate of the same size will cost way more than that thing, but its a lab item.
ever price a lab vacuum pump verses an hvac technician vacuum pump?  its like 2 grand verses 200 bucks.

i was expecting something similar here... a large geroge forman with more thermal mass and some sensors. that thing costs slightly less than a months rent.

grantmichaels said:

you get it and you don't even know it ...

see sous vide ... see cinder (Ashen gets it) ...

like all things, the devil's in the details, and relentless QA processes ...

adding convection or additional thermal mass to any oven ...

there are temperatures where meat is the mostly the same at them from steak to steak ...

want Medium? ... it's 134F ...

want Rare? ... 131F ...

Medium Well is 136F ...

Well is 138F ...

and there's no f**king magic happening between them, it's a gradient ...

if you don't really use the science, nothing is real, it's a collection of passed down rules ...

the science works ... every time ... which is why it's science ...

the problem is that people who don't grok science, can't leverage it ... their application of science sucks, and so they think it sucks ...

BOOM.

I will imbibe R-OH to this!

Hybrid Mode 01 said:

I dunno. GM started it. I just wanted to clarify that I wasn't going to drink straight Hydroxyl ions.

Also, THC is an alcohol.  :D

medical shorthand ...

short version of EtOH ...

This blew my mind earlier. Didn't realize you could double the size of each, next domino ...

B5oe_pTIIAEeVjr.jpg

thats cool... ive also heard that if you double the volume of water in a drop every second... after like a minute or so you get the volume of some stadium somewhere.

vague i know... but im just recalling some bullshit i heard somewhere.

my god. i just did the drop of water thing in matlab.

first time ever using matlab for anything interesting ever.

at 39 sec. vol in gal. = 3657236.654391
at 40 sec. vol in gal. = 7314473.308781
at 41 sec. vol in gal. = 14628946.617563
at 42 sec. vol in gal. = 29257893.235125

idk how to make it insert commas... to be easier to read, but thats 29 million gallons.

Back