• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Throwdown Throne

Everyone - thanks for all of the nice comments. I'm in SoCal on a business trip (thank goodness I'm out of Illinois for a few days) and haven't had the opportunity to follow this one very closely. I thought that all of the entries were spot on and I'd be glad to try any of them. Let's not get too carried away with the gang up on buddy theme :) Anyway, thanks again - time to go for a walk along the beach before starting a day of meetings. :woohoo:

Congrats on your second successive throwdown crown Buddy.

They say the first one is the toughest, but you won't be flying under the radar anymore. ;)

So you'll have to really bring it for the throwdown madness that is sure to ensue in March.

Best of luck to you with your THR33-P3AT attempt next month.

dvg

Congrats, Buddy!!!

They'll be gunnin' for ya next time......in more ways than one. I have all but retired from throwdowns cause the dynamics of the competition just don't sit well with me anymore.

Plus, the money I was wasting trying to win was obscene.

Congrats, Buddy!!!

They'll be gunnin' for ya next time......in more ways than one. I have all but retired from throwdowns cause the dynamics of the competition just don't sit well with me anymore.

Plus, the money I was wasting trying to win was obscene.
Dude that one was wide open for creativity. I think we know the real answer... #2 ;)

Don't make me break out the DQ crown!

Help choose the next one, and the rules, since you don't like them anymore. Send me a PM with some suggestions. It ain't easy running them and keeping everyone happy. But you can't quit.

Okay back to buddy's celebration.

It ain't easy running them and keeping everyone happy. But you can't quit.

I had to do it once...not easy. These people are relentless!!! I say paulky picks the next one.

It's ok to take a month or so off, but Paulky, you cant have 2 crowns and then walk away. There is no 'taking your ball and going home'. If you aren't going to throwdown, give them to SUM one else.

You may have strong kung-fu, buddy, but me Mother's name was Mahaffey and the March throwdown (which is sure to be corned beef and cabbage) is an Irish specialty here. So consider this your pre-throwdown throwdown!

thanks again to everyone. looking forward to trying for a 3-peat!

You may have strong kung-fu, buddy, but me Mother's name was Mahaffey and the March throwdown (which is sure to be corned beef and cabbage) is an Irish specialty here. So consider this your pre-throwdown throwdown!

Ain't no heat in corn beef 'n cabbage. I like cabbage too as I'm BoHunk but just sayin'. For the next t-down my suggestion is dutch/crock throwdown. That or Asian. I reckon I still have enough cast iron here at the old Blues Kitchen to do it up. But better make it quick...Frisco, TX is callin'. mrs. blues is already there.

SumOfMyBits has his first crown!

Finally! WINNING!!!

I've been TDing since the Jerk throwdown in 2009. This crown is almost two years in the making.

Cracking open a Silly Banded Busch Light for all those who voted for me... and for all the others that at least looked at the triple-dutch stacked picture and thought, "Damn, that's awesome."

:woohoo:

BOOM!!!!
Congrats bro!!! This is a long time coming.
The triple stack deserved it!! Crackin a BL as well!
No silly band, tho. That's for pansies.

Congrats. Well played. I probably would have voted for you if you had better taste in beer. Put it back in the horse!!! J/K Nice job Sum!

CONGRATS, SUM! :cheers:

You really did live up to the motto "If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try and try again!"
:lol:

Good Job!

:rofl:

Did you count all those tries?

Back