• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Throwdown Throne

Anyone else notice something a little "off" in the last 5 years or so?  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Untitled jpeg.jpg

Untitled 1.jpg

:THP: <--- This is me, tagging boss.  :rofl: 

I don't get it. Thrown? As in:

"What does it mean to throw the game?

throw a game definition. to lose a game on purpose. (See also throw a fight.) : There's a couple of those guys who would throw a game if they got enough money to do it."

Or more than likely...
l_366337e171eb54880158ee188434e4d6.gif~c200.gif
:rofl:

Everyone else gets it 2009 and one complaint. :lol:

Did it just arrive in Twisp?

The Hot Pepper said:
I feel like I've been hacked.

No one noticed this??????

2009????

Hey look it wasn't a pun (hard to remember 7 years ago)...

attachicon.gif
throwdown_throne.png

WE ARE ALL IDIOTS! LOL!

Took a smoke signal to Twisp to discover.

Thanks Scovie!

I think it's the play on Crown that makes it confusing ...

Thanks for all the kind words, together with the actual meal itself, it makes it all the more worth it.

I had to cook my TD entry after work, I ended getting home at 4pm, and fired my grill as soon as I walked in the door. I was pushed for time, and as you can see in my pics, I did a little preparation the night before (corn). The first chicken I did a few weeks ago was just so good, I was eager to do the same again. So when the TD came around, I thought it'd be the perfect opportunity. The corn is how I normally do it on the grill, but I added the smoked Paprika and pepper powder this time. It turned out great. The Kebobs/Kebabs were something new for me, the sweet and savory aspect was real nice. The poppers were so good, I made them again this weekend......freaking delicious!!!! The salad was a great addition to a plate of grilled food, really refreshing, but that dressing.............. :shocked: 

Count, your Pork "Lava" butt was a thing of beauty. Beautiful bark, smoke ring, and it looked so tender. 

GIP, your sliders and sausage looked delicious, and those stuffed peppers.......well they wouldn't last long on my plate. Great meal all round, and I loved your sauce.  :clap:

Geeme, that potato salad, WOW!! Best looking (and I'm sure tasting) potato salad I've ever seen.  :P

Ozzy, those ribs looked finger licking good!! The Roma bites are a simple, and I'm sure real tasty idea, especially accompanied by your mac & cheese and stuffed burger. 

Rymerpt, good work on those spicy smores.

Ashen, Scovie was right in saying your plated pic looked great, it did. Delicious looking plate, I'm eager to try asparagus like that. Glad you noticed my salad, I did think about adding another grilled element, but that wouldn't have been true to how "I" eat. I feel like with so many other grilled foods on the same plate, you need something to break it up. Something refreshing, crisp, and cleansing of the palate, so you can truly enjoy the next mouthful of grilled food. Some people may have missed the "CHIRIZO OIL DRESSING". It was awesome. 

JHP, those wings looked killer, as did the Tacos. Your photography was spot on too.

GM, I actually also preferred the angled plate pic with the sauce in the foreground, and actually had it selected at one point. But I found that angle hid the chicken too much, so I went with the straignt on pic.

Boss, yes we have Australia Day on January 26th, the traditional grub is lamb chops on the "Barbie" (Grill). It would be a TD I'd definitely have to enter.

I'd like to say a special thank you to my sponser "Jameson Irish Whiskey" for being there in times of need  :drunk:  . I'd also like to say a special thank you to GIP who was a great help and contributed some ideas in my TD meal. I couldn't have done it without ya GIP.  :P 

Oh, by the way, I'm glad I didn't use a paper plate as the Boss suggested for bonus points, that just would've been unfair............. :rofl:

SR.

Shorerider said:
GM, I actually also preferred the angled plate pic with the sauce in the foreground, and actually had it selected at one point. But I found that angle hid the chicken too much, so I went with the straignt on pic.

:cheers:

The Hot Pepper said:
Huh the crown is the icon

similar spelling thrown crown ...

Back