• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Throwdown Throne

Man oh man a bit of catching up to do here, Congrats to Sum and 3/5, well deserved crowns for some really great grubbage. Now, who's cuisin will reign supreme?

Thanks Boss! My buddy Jeremy can't stop raving about it. All of the flavors worked so well together. If there's one thing that would have made it better is perfecting the bun. It's hard to get a light fluffy bun. It was a little dense. Still rocked but I'm trying to master baking bread. It's a very delicate and complex form of cooking.

Thank you SL, the Bling is Blangin' King's finally been crowned bebe!

Tanks Frydad, I've been cookin' my heart out! Feels good to have paid off.

Thanks Rocketman, it was some good eats.

We still have to vote for best burger so don't go dissing your own bun just yet ;)

:lol:

Congratulations to all the winners!

This has been a lot of fun! Lots of great burgers! So awesome to see some much imagination and creativity on these pages!

Although I voted for the crab burger slathered in win sauce (e.g. hollandaise) this was certainly a worthy entry - a hearty congratulations 3/5!

Your only fail was not dousing it in Lucky Dog Hot Sauce.
:dance:

And really congratulations to all of the amazing entries, of the 3 weeks I think the "non-beef" burger was the toughest by a wide margin and with only some minor formatting the pics & recipes this week could be a best selling cookbook. Seriously.

I love the idea of the calendar from the last 3 weeks of entries - i'd love to have one and would gladly pay for it. :cheers:

We really have some amazingly good cooks here.

LD, of anyone I was for sure you wouldn't have missed it. I was proud to use it. I also just used it in a marinade for some skirt steak. You should try it, it was amazing.

about 3/4 pound Skirt steak
3 Tbsp of LDHS Red Label
about 1/4 to 1/3 cup worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp minced garlic
2 Tsp sea salt
1 Tbsp Black cracked pepper
some hot powder of your choosing

Throw it all in a freezer ziplock and pummel it with your fist until tenderized well. (about 5 minutes) Then put in fridge for 1-3 hours. Take out and pummel with fist again for another five minutes. Get a C.I. as hot as possible on the stove top, or put it in the grill and put all burners on high for 10 minutes. Then toss on and seer both sides for around 3 1/2 minutes (a little more or less depending on thickness or your desired doneness) Take out of C.I. and plate. Put a Tbsp of softened butter on top immediately and let sit for 10 minutes.

Enjoy! (Sister said it is the best steak she has ever tasted.)

Thank you again for all the nice words everyone. Boss, you've inspired me to try chicken and waffles after your drool inducing description. I've always heard of it, like noise in the background that you hear but don't quite make out. Have to give it a go now and start listening to the murmur :hell:

lmfao.

Pretty sure the grilled pineapple will haunt me for the rest of my life. If I ever do manage to win a crown I sincerely hope it's a little ring of grilled pineapple icon.
:woohoo:

3/5 I think it's because you didn't post a description - and I'll be 100% honest - I was drooling over TB's crab cake and hollandaise - when I saw that combo my mouth watered & my clicky finger voted all on its own.

On reflection and with absolutely zero offense intended I would have voted the same - but I really like your burger & I think it was totally deserving of a W, LDHS or not.

That recipe looks great - Glad you're still diggin the Red Label!

Ps - mind if I post that recipe to my FB?

Back