• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

To All Members - Please Read

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlabamaJack

Extreme Member
I have been a member of this forum for several years now and must say that there are more and more threads containing members attacking each other.

I, for one, do not appreciate you guys flexing your testosterone on this forum....if you can't say anything positive or even neutral, keep your mouth shut....we don't need all this bickering on the forum....

Opinions differ with each culture and we are definitely an international society here....

Please, don't attack each other...just read it, note the member, and don't talk to them....and there is a block function too....imagine that....

If your mother and father didn't teach you that "if you haven't got anything nice to say, keep your mouth shut", it might be a good lesson to learn and become a respected member of this community...

No, I am not a moderator any more, nor do I own any percent of this forum...but when a moderator says something to you, you better pay attention, they are only trying to help...

Dan has done a fine job on this forum creating a place for people to come and share their love for all things pepper....not a place to come and have pissing contests all the time...

If you have a beef with someone, take it PRIVATE and not on the open forum...you are wasting my time reading such bull shit when I had rather be reading threads that have beneficial information about peppers....

If you can't play nice...go somewhere else....

***RANT OVER***

My sentiments exactly. I have only been a member here for a few days and already I see the comments thrusted upon thee. Mosty this has been in the chat area. Dont get me wrong I see alot of great people on these forums but lets all be positive.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS AJ it is getting old and boring to just keep figthing over nothing

i would say those ppl who attack and just piss here need to be blocked and band why not....

I am more willing now more than ever to use the REPORT button.
Sometimes it's hard because it's not just one individual, it's a bunch of people, posting their "opinions".
Everyone has a right to their "opinions", right?

NO.

If your "opinion" is hurtful, destructive, condescending, or even unproductive, we don't want to hear it.
Just move on when you read something that angers you. Don't fan the fire.
I'm guilty of posting my "opinions", but it's usually trying to stop what we're talking about.
Maybe I'm way off base, and I don't want to cry wolf all the time, or abuse the function,
but it might be time to use the REPORT button a little more.

Thank you AJ, for starting this discussion, and God willing it won't be needed soon.

Hey guys...I admit I went on TILT last night and crossed the line with some of my comments.

I realize I lost all respect among long time members. For what it's worth I had fun competing in the TD and had NO expectations of winning!

Also members can really help by using the report button in posts. So many instances like...

"Why did you warn me but **** can get away with it?"

Answer: "We didn't see it, why didn't you report it?"

If you see something report it. Don't just think it's been reported. Or complain there is too much arguing but you never report posts. Thanks

:)

The hardest part is to digitally walk away. If you get caught up in one of the arguments you look back later and go "well i just wasted my time looking stupid". Can someone share an example of people getting personal as opposed to just disagreeing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back