• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Tony's Chilli's 2008

Aww mate i just missed your preety face and had to come back for another chilli filled summer.

Been busy with work...... and winter.

Ive been lurking and reading, just not posting.

Love this site.

And i see some idiot made my brother a moderator......... they must be desperate. Whats the world comming to!

cheers

Had a great day today. Bought some good quality potting mix, some bigger pots for the plants i want to keep and over winter (like the Devilstongue... thanks Mike) and potted them all our of their little nests in the sun.

Mulched them to keep them moist and sat them in the pool yard out of reach of my young childern. They seem to love the heat generated by the all day sun and concrete surounds.

Also have a Yellow Ceyanne and Jalepino plant going. Also a couple of seeds Trinni sent me labeled 7 Pot sprouted.... so i potted them up to see what the turn out to be. Could be interesting

cheers

Alltheplants.jpg

And the Orange Hab plane i was talking about above

OrangeHab-2.jpg

Tony...the Tobago seasoning plants that came from seeds Trini sent you look exactly like mine...no heat and weird shaped pods...I have yellow and red pods too...

The orange hab looks great...my second year plant passed 1500 pods last harvest and still has probably 200-300 more on it now...it should be a great producer for you..

Ahhh thanks AJ.

I cant wait for them to ripen. I was keen on a low heat pepper to make chutney with a pepper flavour but low heat.

fingers crossed

tony05 said:
And i see some idiot made my brother a moderator......... they must be desperate. Whats the world comming to!

cheers

BANNED :D

Hey THP he called you an idiot........

Does that make me a dibber dobber?? Oh god i'm 5 again :D

And I might just close this thread if your big brother attitude continues.... :D

theHippySeedCo said:
nice Plantssss

i love the goats weed , mine is 10 cm tall and furry hahahaha Huge.

Fantastic plant and lovely tasting pods and loves the weather hot or cold,Nice all rounder :)

Banned hey......... I know where you live boy!

I have round up! :)

Neil......... care for a couple of early season Goats weeds for U-tube?

Well the crop is going well so far. Lots of holes on leaves from hail storms but other than that things are ripping along.

The goats weed has come back on all 12 cylinders in its second year. Tried one this arvo and they are as hot as i remembered. Youch!

GoatsweedFar-1.jpg

Goatsweedclose-1.jpg

I also have my 2 Bhut Jalokia plants comming back form their sun struck state after i put them outside for the first time. One even has a couple of peppers forming after a lot or early flower drop. Lots more flowers to come too, things are looking good for them.

BhutJalokias.jpg

Bhutbabypeppers.jpg

7 Pods. I planted a few 7 Pod seeds i got from Trinni a while back in the garden and these grew in the vacinity after about a month. They look the goods. Cant wait to see what to do. The 2 in bigger pots are 7's and the one in the middle of the 3 smaller pots. The rear small pot is a self sown Goats weed i rescued form rapidly expanding basil in the garden and the front one is a self sown Aussie Black.

7Pods.jpg

7 Pod

7Pod.jpg

Devils Tongue........ i have 2. one in pot and the other in dirt. Also gave 2 to Moyboy that sprouted. Thanks Stillz!!!

DevilsTongue-1.jpg

Here is the little Aussie Black. Love the colours on this plant

AussieBlack.jpg

Also have a Tobago Seasoning going (thanks again Trinni). Taste like a red hab but as hot as an ice cube. No heat at all.

TobagoSeasoningFar.jpg

TobagoSeasoningClose.jpg

Also a very rare one........... so rare you all luck im showing you.

I actually have 2 of them so im a lucky boy

I give you.......... the Jalepino!

Jalepino.jpg

and a yellow Ciam.... bought at the local hardware stoor

YellowCeyanne.jpg

Also have an overwintered Orang hab going nuts and making plenty of peppers.

OrangeHab-3.jpg

also a mystery pepper that sprouted in the gargen. Not 100% sure what it is but it grew between where i had an orange hab plant and an aussie black plant. Looks like a bancock upright though.... which i also had growing. Time will tell. Its healthy as a olympic athlete

Mysterychilli-1.jpg

Also have a small Tobasco thats starting to get legs and tonns of herbs and cherry tomatoes.

I love summer!

cheers

Txclosetgrower said:
Man that goats weed looks phenomenal. How's the flavor on that one? I really like how it looks.

It has a deep meaty chilli flavour and is IMO hotter than a habanero. The heat hits almost strait away and makes your mouth and throat feel swolen for a good 5 to 10 min. VEry cold tollerant, heat tollerant. I have found the only thing they dont like is very wet feet. They start dropping leaves if the ground is too wet.

cheers

Wow It's good to see your Goat's Weed is doing so well. You inspired me to buy my first goat weed seeds a while back. I have 2 pods so far.
I'm glad to know they taste so good.
Tony

great looking plants Tony...one comment and two questions...

now this comment is just me...I would trim the lower leaves off the plants that are touching/near touching the ground...I don't want any highways to the plant for ants/aphids other than the main stem plus with the leaves touching the ground/growing media, it is easier for a soil borne disease to attack your plant...

goats weed...they look really similar to a tabasco...are they frutescens?

cutback orange hab...are you going to keep track of the number of peppers it produces thru the season?...would be great to compare your results (and others that are growing second year orange habs) with my results from this year....it produced many many pods...

Back