• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Tony's Chilli's 2008

AlabamaJack said:
cutback orange hab...are you going to keep track of the number of peppers it produces thru the season?...would be great to compare your results (and others that are growing second year orange habs) with my results from this year....it produced many many pods...

AJ
I don't have the numbers from what my orange hab grew this year but if the plant bounces back in the spring I would be happy to count how many I get this upcoming season. Let me know.

Hi AJ.

The Goatsweed is pubecence (spelling) ? i think.

Its hairy and cold tollerant.

THe orange hab, i pulled 43 half sized peppers off it last week and will keep a tally of what it produces. I dont even want orange habs....... just letting it go to see what it can do. Its root bound ect as i just cut it back and let it go again so may not produce as well as a plant in the ground.

will be interesting to see.

cheers

The Bhut's are all sticking now instead of dropping off which is very exciting.

I cut a few goatsweeds open to dry seeds for some local friends and the inside of these peppers is just solid placental tissue. I will shop one open soon and take a pic. I did ti with bare hands and rubbed my eye in my sleep.

woke up in all sorts of trouble! I thought it was going to blister.

And the plant in the last pic is starting to look like a bancock upright and if it is its getting ripped out...... Yuck!

What am i going to do with all the chillis? I only want soo much......... i just love growing them and trying them all.

cheers

Oh, and there will be a Kolsch on tap by early next week if all goes well

tony05 said:
Mysterychilli-1.jpg

Yes it's looking like a bancock upright to me.....:rolleyes:

Bugger...

Yeah its getting ripped out on friday arvo when i get home from Mudgee and a 7 is going in its place :)

something worth while :mouthonfire:

GOt home from working out bush and found this. there are 6 or 7 of them and plenty more to come :onfire: Baby Bhut Jalokias

Oh my bottom hurts looking at them.

babyBhut2.jpg

babyBhut1.jpg

also have a lot of goatsweeds ripening. They look great in the garden.

RipeGoatsweeds.jpg

cheers

Awesome Tony, that goats weed definantly does look great. Good luck with the Bhuts too, get the toilet paper in the freezer before eating those puppies!!

between them and the 7's that are still growing, im a bit nervous.

Moyboy and i have a bit of a pact. If we grow it.... we have to eat it.

Cant wait to try these.

cheers

Alright about he pact, VIDEO IT!! I would hate to have to accuse you of lying, what with no evidence and all :) I reckon the 7's will kick your hiny into next year, did ya bro say how hot the powder from Sheldon (prariechillihead) was?

I showed my wife the Bhuts this arvo and she said....... when you boys eat them im taking pictures!

Im planning to do it in style with a Slice of Bhut on a jatz with some nice blue cheese.

I want something nice in my mouth before i never taste again.

I have a picture of Bro after sampling one of my goatsweeds last year.... will have to see if i can dig it up :) I went back for seconds but noone else was game :)

cheers

:) Get digging for the pic, i am sure Dick could do a trick or two with it and your bro will be forever thankfull!

What the schovies of the Goats weed?

Mate up around the habanero mark. Only its a different heat. It hits fast and makes your mouth and throat feel swolen.

Might have to go bite on one now to make sure.

Ok.... my mouth is burning, my tongue feels swolen. Ouch. And i only had a small slice (in the pic).

The think with these chillis is that instead of fine ribs of placental tissue and lots of seeds, it is almost sollis placental tissue (that leaches yellow oil when cut) and some seed atached to it.

check them out. I need to get a macro lense.

cheers

Goatsweed1824x549.jpg

Goatsweed2824x549.jpg

mmmm that looks great, i can see the yummy yellow oil :) You reckon that little slice woops ya hey, i gotta try one of these. Probly the most placenta i have seen since my last born......

Edit: Hope you don't mind me flogging your goats weed pic for my new avator Tony;)

Novacastrian said:
mmmm that looks great, i can see the yummy yellow oil :) You reckon that little slice woops ya hey, i gotta try one of these. Probly the most placenta i have seen since my last born......

Well Nova did try one yesterday and did a really good job of acting tuff....but then the eyes started to glaze over and the face started to go red.....:lol:

You can't hide the pain.....:D

After a minutes of building he finally admitted that it was pretty bloody hot....:mouthonfire:

Hey Tony, whats the taste like on these?
My Goat's Weed is just starting to bud up now, and they are supposedly frost tolerant, so thinking of maybe making a Goat's Weed/Rocoto sauce in winter.

Flavour is good. Has a deep earthy flavour.... not that you taste it for long. The heat hits hard and fast.

Great cold area plant. I dont how it would go with heavy frosts. PRobably best to put it in the ground as aposed to a pot to keep the roots as warm as posible. They drop all their leaves and become a "stick" but a trim as it warms up has them going nuts again.

THe peppers are also quite hard to get off the plant. They stick so well that the last of last years crop stayed on the plant and actually dried on the plant.

cheers

Update time boys and girls!!!

We will start with a Devils Tongue. Got the seeds from Stillz from his first batch of the Jerk sauce. Awsome plants with large thick lush folage.... cant wait to get some peppers that are not far off.

DevilsTongue-2.jpg

Shot from the top.... see all the laterals pushing through the main big leaves.

DevilsTOnguefromtop.jpg

i have 3 7 Pods that are taking off now its warming up. This one is showing promise!

7Podflowers.jpg

And here is the little Aussie Black plant. ITs getting potted up in the next day or 2 so it can stretch its legs.

AussieBlack-1.jpg

Back