• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

misc Too early for 2024 grow list ..........?

Hi Guy's

Is it too early to ask your 2024 grow list πŸ€” .............πŸ€­πŸ˜‰πŸ€£

Last year i grew way too many varieties :banghead: had to give a few away......which turned out interesting to see how they grew in others greenhouses :thumbsup:

Next year I'm "trying" to be more disciplined.........😚

Capsicum chinense:

Super bhut jolokia jw
Peach bhut jolokia
7 pot primo
7 pot brain strain yellow
Habanero Chocolate
Mustard naga
Black naga
Fatalii gourmet jigsaw
Scotch brains Yellow F6
Chocolate scotch
Trinidad moruga scorpion red
Dorset naga

Capsicum pubescens :

Rocoto long

# planning on growing multiple specimens as it was my best from my 2023 Capsicum pubescens trial showing most potential outdoors in Scotland.

Capsicum annuum:

Ring of fire
Black hungarian
Bulgarian carrot
Purple serrano
Takanotsume

Capsicum baccatum:

Bishops crown
Nepalese bell
Brazilian starfish red
Dedo de mocha

#Planning an outdoor trial here in Scotland I'm not expecting to get ripe fruit outdoors so looking for variety that tastes good "green" / unripe ??

Capsicum flexuosum:

I've two plant's grown from seed this year hopefully they will survive our winter........🀞

This year I took the advice of a friend who recommended trialing new varieties in 5 litre pot's to fit more in and see the potential of each variety which worked well indeed. Some I shall be growing next year in much bigger pot's or Kratky another discovery of my 2023 season.

Stephen

Last edited:
Hey, it's never too early! :lol:

I have my (small) grow list ready and the little plants are already up! Just have to get them through the winter months...
2x Scotch Bonnet Schneider Farms (WHP)
2x Scotch Bonnet Papa Dreadie (Gen.2 2018 seeds from Sawyer)
2x Scotch Bonnet HSH (Humble Servants Homestead)
2x Bahamian Goat (WHP)

And this time I want to stick to these plants and these plants only...

I don't think it's too early to ask. In fact, I've had my list and seeds ready for weeks! Here we all suffer from the same disease.

Here is my growth list for 2024:
- 7 Pot Primo
- Carolina reaper
- Trinidad Scorpion moruga caramel
- California reaper
- Bhut Jolokia chocolate
- Bhut Jolokia red
- Bih Jolokia red
- Habanero pastel
- Bahamian goat
- Krishna Jolokia
- Tazmanian black
- AjΓ­ Pineapple
- Sugar Rush Peach
- El oro de Ecuador
- Habanero El Remo

Everyone enjoy the 2024 season!

It seems like you want to convince yourself that you are going to be a good boy and you are only going to concentrate on these varieties πŸ˜‚
If you don't get it...you'll have more fun!:dance:
I have to... I don't have room for more plants if I want to grow them properly. And I want to stick to varieties that I know are useful to me. The Bahamian Goat is the exception here, haven't grown that before (although I did start it a couple of times). And as most people seem to love it, I need to give it a try also...

I have to... I don't have room for more plants if I want to grow them properly. And I want to stick to varieties that I know are useful to me. The Bahamian Goat is the exception here, haven't grown that before (although I did start it a couple of times). And as most people seem to love it, I need to give it a try also...
You're going to love the goats!!!

YES it is too early to start - stop sounding like MarcV

Anyways, here's some of my must-haves, which isn't finalised and won't be until I've had a gander in the seed train

Serrano - loved these little nuggets of mild warmth, perfect to go in everything
Hungarian Blacks - I missed growing this pepper so much this year that I'm growing double next year :lol:
Pink Habaneros - too delicious not to grow
Pepperpeach - ditto (as above)
Jalapenos (as usual) - what else would I put in the cowboy candy
Ring of fire (ditto)
Espelettes (ditto)
SRS
Baha Goats
Bonnets
Inek Boynuzu
Farmer's market Jalas

and that's as far as I've got

Last edited:

Anyways, here's some of my must-haves, which isn't finalised and won't be until I've had a gander in the seed train

Serrano - loved these little nuggets of mild warmth, perfect to go in everything
Hungarian Blacks - I missed growing this pepper so much this year that I'm growing double next year :lol:
Ring of fire (ditto)
Espelettes (ditto)
SRS
Baha Goats
Bonnets
Inek Boynuzu
Farmer's market Jalas

There are some superhots missing here to joke with Mr.Tink. Luckily, the seeds train is a nice chest of superhots!!

Ring of fire (ditto)
Espelettes (ditto)
SRS
Baha Goats
Bonnets
Inek Boynuzu
Farmer's market Jalas

I will have flowering plants by the time you still need to start the season! 😜 (With a 100% flower drop...)

I will have flowering plants by the time you still need to start the season! 😜 (With a 100% flower drop...)
That's a great list you have planned. I clicked on the weather in your location, it says you're at 98% humidity as I currently sit at 22% humidity on the other side of the world. Wild planet we live on.

Since my climate is very hostile to pepper's needs and growing season requirements, all mine are indoors year around. I just moved into my new house so things are just getting started again (Ever tried moving giant adult plants across town in a car? Yeah, not fun).

Sprouted/Trying to Sprout:
Death Spiral
Carolina Reaper
Chocolate Apocalypse
Dragon's Breath
White Moruga
Romanian Sweet

Germination Stage
Big Mustard Momma
Hurt Berry
Madame Janette
Jay's Peach Ghost Scorpion

Dry Storage/Next to Germ
Chocolate Seven Pot
Yellow Fever
Chocolate Trinidad Scorpion
Peach Carolina Reaper (Says it likes hot growing conditions, not sure I can replicate the heat needed)
Apocalypse Scorpion
Red Ghost
Primotalii
Hidalgo
Big Black Mama
Moruga Yellow Scorpion
Mustard Reaper
Madagascar
Bismarck
Sugar Rush Peach
Jamaican Scotch Bonnet
West Indie's Red Hab

Mine are all in the greenhouse for the winter, 19 plants. Had to pull and pot, have had days below freezing here, daily rain, stormy and very windy.
Trying to survive:
reaper 3x
reaper mutant (faster heat, not forgiving if you use too much) larger pods, high production
Lava x3
ghost
dragon x2
red savina x2
hab x2
jamaican hab
lemon drop
scotch bonnet
cayenne x2

Seeds:
Moruga scorp
trinidad scorp
peach ghost
choc hab
death spiral
jalapeno 3 types
serrano

Mine are all in the greenhouse for the winter, 19 plants. Had to pull and pot, have had days below freezing here, daily rain, stormy and very windy.
Trying to survive:
reaper 3x
reaper mutant (faster heat, not forgiving if you use too much) larger pods, high production
Lava x3
ghost
dragon x2
red savina x2
hab x2
jamaican hab
lemon drop
scotch bonnet
cayenne x2

Seeds:
Moruga scorp
trinidad scorp
peach ghost
choc hab
death spiral
jalapeno 3 types
serrano
This is my first time with the Death Spiral, and my seeds popped like crazy. They were the first ones to germinate. I germinate before planting and they had a great success rate.

I had just started making a list - first time I've actually been half way organised 😁 - when I spotted this thread, so here goes...

From bought seeds, courtesy of the wife:

Cayenne – just because
Jalapeno – likewise
Peperoni
Ecuador Lemon
Habanero, mixed
Tabasco
Glocken-Chili – don’t know the English name for them, looks nothing like a bell pepper, picture below
Carolina Reaper

Seeds harvested from pods bought at the local farmersβ€˜ market:

Cayenne Yellow
Tasmanian Black
Berbere Coffee Brown
Aji Charapita Yellow

Seeds taken from chillies I grew this year:

Sarit Gat
Lang Lang
Ballito
TΓΌrkische Gewurzpaprika
Azteco
Cascabella(ish)
Naga Morich
Orange Habanero
Thai
Sombrero Red, Orange, Yellow

Seeds saved from last year's harvest

Scotch Bonnet
Piri Piri

I also want to try and overwinter about 7 or 8 of my favourite plants from this year. With no garden and only a small back yard, I have absolutely no idea where I’m going to put them all, but I never could resist a challenge. I may just have to see if I can come up with some kind of construction for the roof of the house πŸ€”.

Attachments

• Glocken-Chili.jpg
    Glocken-Chili.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 45
I'm sure this will change by early 2024....

Outside on balcony:
Hungarian Hot Wax
Jalapeno M
Jalapeno Orange Spice
Japanese (either Hontaka or Santaka depending on winter grow tent comparison)
Jwala (either Pusa Jwala or Bangalore Torpedo)

Grow tent:
Orange Habanero
Jwala
Surti Marcha
TBD (maybe Sandia De Arbol, Orange Thai SSE, or other similar)

Back