• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Tridents Bonnet Set - Season 4

Forth season bonnet and their hybrids grow .... a couple of varieties to come ... thanks to Smoke (C2C chilli forum) who posted them on Monday ... most listed have been in the propergator's since the 7th January. Thanks to all that have helped me to continue with my bonnet thread without your help I would not have been able to have listed so many varieties this season. Especially pleased to get back seed from Justin - White Hot Peppers which I sent him last season to get refreshed ...... will update the late arrivals and no shows

Scotch Bonnet Steve's Yellow SB ( chili-pepper.ch)
Schneider Farm SB (self)
MoA Yellow (Stickman) - Dennish's 2017 Challenge US/UK
MoA Red (Mike USMC)
P. Dreadie's Select (self)
Foodarama Yellow (Mike USMC)
Foodarama Red (Mike USMC)
Cappuccino SB (Mike USMC)
Jamaician Long SB (self)
Haiti Red SB (Peppernorth)
TFM SB ( FreeportBum)
Scotch Brain Long SB (FreeportBum)
Scotch Brain F3 ( JH/ White Hot Peppers)
Beth Boyd's Yellow SB (self)
Obeah F3 (self)
Freeport Orange SB (self)
Jamaician Black River SB (Pulpiteer)
Matthew Arthur's Peach SB (White Hot Peppers) seed sent last season to Justin to be refreshed
7pot NeBru (White Hot Peppers) as above
7pot Jonah Yellow x SB (White Hot Peppers)
7pot Orange x SB (White Hot Peppers)
7pot x Trinidad SB (self)
7 pot Savannah x SB Yellow variety (Chiliriot)
Sepia Serpent x SB (Chiliriot)
SB7J x Neyde Orange variety (Chiliriot)
Sweet Moruga SB (Moruga Welder)
Matthew Arthur SBN Chocolate SB (self)
Elysuim Oxide Bonnet X - moruga shaped (White Hot Peppers)
SBJB F1(self)
Cross 1. F1 (self)
Cross 2. F1 (self)

Want to be SB
Puerto Rico Purple Splotched (Christopher Phillips)
Espiritu Santo (White Hot Peppers)

Others

Bahamian Beast F1. (White Hot Peppers)
Matthew Arthur Daisy Cutter (Superhot Sim)
BOC x Orange Primo (Superhot Sim)
Aji Jobito x BBG7 Yellow off pheno (FreeportBum)
Korean Hong Gochu (Stickman)
Lemon Drop - THP throw down (self)

I make the mistake every season sowing too soon I should learn that artificial light and a grow tent makes for a great early start ... a few weeks ago I added a co2 bag to get some carbon dioxide into the young plants to photosynthesis...well the plants are certainly greener and bigger ... tallest being FreeportBums Jobito x BBG7 and Justin's EOB X

The mystery plant looking more like the SB7J x PDN Oreange

Thanks for looking in ... still waiting for the temperatures to rise night and day before putting out side

OCD Chilehead said:
Plants look amazing John. It won't be long before they're in sunshine.
Thanks Chuck the temperatures during the day are fairly good I would say an average of 13 degrees C but night time an average of 4 ... I am aiming for the middle of May. Some have been out in the sun during the day but only for a few hours

Superhot Sim said:
Plants looking tip top John, that co2 will help no end in the tent , im going to put 1 or 2 in the poly tunnel when we plant out.
I wondered about that Simmy and if anyone has used co2 in a polytunnel before .... in theory it should work but when the temperature rises in the polytunnel and you need to ventilate a lot will be lost having built up during the night ... that said the goal of co2 enrichment is to speed up growth and increase poddage another plus I have read is that plants grown with this air additive are better able to resist disease which means healthier plants

The CO2 bag is something I have not seen before.  I'll be
very interested to see how it works in the long run.  It might
be a good addition to my grow shelf, along with some
Armor Si that Rick has talked about.  Always something
new to try out   ;)

And, of course, your plants look just marvelous!

This morning I had to scrape the frost from the windscreen.... however the sun quickly started to warm the day up and have managed to get most of the plants out in the garden again. Some are hardening off better than others .... Frank your Sweet Moruga rolls the edges of the leaves and points up .... the tip looks like it's giving me the bird. SB7J UFO is like a gremlin... "bright light" and it's leaves quickly go pale as soon as it's in the shade it recovers ... wimp

Hopefully they will all be out to stay next week as the night time temperatures rise

Thanks for looking in

Superhot Sim said:
Amazing update John, everything looking stellar.
Plants are nicely established, spotted a stunning P. Dreadie select lol. Am glad your still growing out the Trinidad 7 pot x sb. Your smashing it mate.

Sent from my VFD 900 using Tapatalk
Thanks Simmy just waiting for that window of opportunity to get them outside ... she wants to reclaim the dinning room table... third season for the Trinidad 7pot x SB one of your finest finds for me

Back