• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Tridents Bonnet Set - Season 4

Forth season bonnet and their hybrids grow .... a couple of varieties to come ... thanks to Smoke (C2C chilli forum) who posted them on Monday ... most listed have been in the propergator's since the 7th January. Thanks to all that have helped me to continue with my bonnet thread without your help I would not have been able to have listed so many varieties this season. Especially pleased to get back seed from Justin - White Hot Peppers which I sent him last season to get refreshed ...... will update the late arrivals and no shows

Scotch Bonnet Steve's Yellow SB ( chili-pepper.ch)
Schneider Farm SB (self)
MoA Yellow (Stickman) - Dennish's 2017 Challenge US/UK
MoA Red (Mike USMC)
P. Dreadie's Select (self)
Foodarama Yellow (Mike USMC)
Foodarama Red (Mike USMC)
Cappuccino SB (Mike USMC)
Jamaician Long SB (self)
Haiti Red SB (Peppernorth)
TFM SB ( FreeportBum)
Scotch Brain Long SB (FreeportBum)
Scotch Brain F3 ( JH/ White Hot Peppers)
Beth Boyd's Yellow SB (self)
Obeah F3 (self)
Freeport Orange SB (self)
Jamaician Black River SB (Pulpiteer)
Matthew Arthur's Peach SB (White Hot Peppers) seed sent last season to Justin to be refreshed
7pot NeBru (White Hot Peppers) as above
7pot Jonah Yellow x SB (White Hot Peppers)
7pot Orange x SB (White Hot Peppers)
7pot x Trinidad SB (self)
7 pot Savannah x SB Yellow variety (Chiliriot)
Sepia Serpent x SB (Chiliriot)
SB7J x Neyde Orange variety (Chiliriot)
Sweet Moruga SB (Moruga Welder)
Matthew Arthur SBN Chocolate SB (self)
Elysuim Oxide Bonnet X - moruga shaped (White Hot Peppers)
SBJB F1(self)
Cross 1. F1 (self)
Cross 2. F1 (self)

Want to be SB
Puerto Rico Purple Splotched (Christopher Phillips)
Espiritu Santo (White Hot Peppers)

Others

Bahamian Beast F1. (White Hot Peppers)
Matthew Arthur Daisy Cutter (Superhot Sim)
BOC x Orange Primo (Superhot Sim)
Aji Jobito x BBG7 Yellow off pheno (FreeportBum)
Korean Hong Gochu (Stickman)
Lemon Drop - THP throw down (self)

OCD Chilehead said:
Great update John!

The babies are looking good. I see the UFO SB7J in the pic. Looks great. One of my anticipated varieties this year. The pod Justin sent me was gigantic and tasty.
Cheers Chuck having grown a range of SB7J from atomic to the original grass hut varieties I thought I would give this variety a go this season.... personally the SB7J has always been my last variety to mature just can't compete with your heat and humidity but I will give it the best possible position in the polytunnel

John as you know I had a late start & the weather been unstable hot to cold torrential rains etc
​That said have them potted up & have started to harden them off even through they are a month to a month & half behind .
​I have two peach bonnets & one is darker than the other one so that one may be interesting
​I still plan on a crossing project & if successful probably will be a 13 year project.
​As for your grow John its epic that England weather got nothing on you ;) 
​I always look forward to reading your glogs an the fall break down .
​All the best to you & your family

Time for an update and I apologise as it's nearly a month since my last post on my glog. The weather across the pond has not been great and my "hardening off" period has been extended ... I needed to replace the canopy on my polytunnel which was lost to storm Doris ... this is where I am now choosing the final pots for this season's varieties... tallest so far MoA Yellow, Jamaican Long and a BBG7 x Jobito... these will probably end up in airpots....

Some of the 33 varieties so far .....

My first pod ... Rick's Korean Gochu...

Three MoA Yellow SB in isolation in the Growtent... hopefully contenders for Dennish's MoA challenge

Thanks for looking in

Devv said:
Soldiers all lined up and ready for action!

Everything is so neat and aligned, plants are looking stellar. ;)

Will they live in the poly tunnel all season?
Unfortunately not Scott once planted in their final pots there won't be enough room .... five or six varieties will be potted into containers and be placed around the garden ....

WeirdAndy said:
I like the polly tunnel. It looks more 'reliable' than the one i have [cheap and nasty job from Argos] -  I cant' see how its secured to your base?

Andy I have some metal fixing simply made from a length of sheet metal which bends over the ground poles and are secured to the wooden pallets under the sheeting... not in place yet

The greenhouse space looks super - too perfect
to be called a 'polytunnel'!

Your plants are looking just great - Sorry the weather
has thrown you a curve.  I think our two neighborhoods
are somehow linked atmospherically!  For us, hoping
next Monday will see  return to sunny (or at least sunnier)
weather.

Carry on, brother!

Wedding Reception Favours completed.... 22 jars of chilli jelly now cooling off mixed up last batch with a few superhots for chilli roulette ... 78 packed for the wedding reception ... I can now relax wedding this Saturday in St Lucia weather here at the moment in probably hotter let's hope my other son is good at watering whilst I am away

Devv the wedding went exactly to plan and I must say St Lucia is a beautiful Island with some really friendly people especially those that worked in the hotel. The biggest disappointment was returning home to see I had been stuffed by photobucket who have stopped me third party sharing. Spoke with Simmy and he has guided me to Tapatalk to post photos... hopefully this all works ...

78b2e8b56539e6ea3e461ee9ea2a671c.jpg

5d10c66cf64a1da0c910cf0e17607cda.jpg

084a62751aab9e6ba6aa2f7a408ee8eb.jpg

aa6cc7d9dd1c1db9476f1636ccd37068.jpg

b23aa1d017472dff178f11168229616d.jpg

Chillies curtesy of Barman Eric ......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So annoying but Tapatalk now posting my pictures... time for an update from my tunnel and beyond

882711c0b11226accf54c5913565e2ac.jpg

Either side of tunnel Ricks Gochu and a Lemon Drop in the middle

b8b604e99336bca4a34be5f0fd58bcf9.jpg

Have to say the Gochu enjoys the UK weather

267e1a49befef17df514d9aa108656f2.jpg

2ffde88580fb198f45435715364cb574.jpg

Tunnel and overspill below

015ce3144dae7c85c0f8452d5e124bc8.jpg

I may have accidentally benefited from "Bum's" generosity... he kindly sent me the ScotchBrain Long I sowed four seeds but noticed one seedling was completely different from the others. Named it Mystery but having seen his glog and his crosses I may have his TFM x Gum

268e75edcfe15ea8acc335d6b8af1904.jpg

Flower

0126022fbfb88b608fe7298453d4ae3a.jpg

Close up of a few pods ... Frank's Sweet Moruga SB

cfefd5fd01c1c4019e8c071117b0120d.jpg

Justin's Elysuim Oxide Bonnet "X"

ae6311a41e580d356cb849e18cd68d0a.jpg

Lastly Obeah

c5ff37af09315eea3f37ad532cf1cfec.jpg

542567b98ba386b83558f18d5a5ef59c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back