• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Trident's Bonnets 2016

Once again it's that time of year ... sowing miss labelling and no shows. Thank you to all that have helped me find new and obscure bonnets and hybrids. This forum generosity has been staggering and the Christmas Cards across the pond full of seed have worked well in both directions ... clone tent cleaned T5's dusted off

Firstly the usual suspects

Elysium Oxide - Mustard
Elysium Oxide - Rust
ScotchBrain F4 - Meatfreak
NeBru7
Trinidad SB x 7pot
SB Foodarama Red
SB Foodarama Yellow
MoA Yellow
SB Jamaican Yellow
SB P. Dreadie
SB Peach
SB Atomic
SB7J
SB FreePort Orange
SB Allen Boatman

New for 2016

SB Saraga Orange Short Pheno - jcw10tc/Fiogga
SB Saraga Orange Long Pheno - Fiogga
SB Jamaica Orange Long - mpicante
SB Jamaica Orange Short - mpicante
SB Yellow CCN ( Cross Country Nurseries ) - mpicante/Mr Bigglesworth
SB x TSM x Red Annuum F2 - Fiogga
SB Chocolate x Black Naga - Heefy/PepperNorth
SB Yellow x Naga Morich - HotToddy
SB Yellow Foodarama x Yellow Fatalii - Dennish
SB Schneider Farm - Pulpiteer/Romy6
SB Caramel - Romy6
SB Jamaican Long - Superhot Sim
SB Mathew Arthur's SBN Red - Superhot Sim
SB Mathew Arthur's SBN Chocolate - Superhot Sim
SB MoA Red - Plantguy76
SB Stuffing - Plantguy76
SB Jamaica - Mr Bigglesworth
SB x UBSC Red - Heefy
SB7J Yellow F1 - Romy6
SB7J Select - Steve Queen
2SB7J F1 - SB7J x MoA - Steve Queen
Neyde x SB7J - Chili Riot
Pimenta Leopard x SB7J
Obeah F2 - MoA x Reaper - Steve Queen
SB Mystery possible x BG - HotToddy
PA 353 - look alike Bonnet - Fiogga

Having successfully grown Borg9, UBSC Brown and Yaki last season I thought I would again grow a few hotties after a lot of thought I have chosen four ... Aji Jobito x BBG7 - Fiogga (Sandra) ... alot has been said about Aji Jobito all good things ... seed from Joe Delaney and BBG7 from Chris Phillips - would be nice if everyone included a seed/variety in this year's grow of Chris's

I am sure Sandra would not mind me posting her photograph

Well we have all heard and seen the great work "Medecins Sans Frontiers" do around the world especially in war torn areas. Sandra's daughters partner is part of Doctors Without Borders and probably whilst her daughter might say "take care" Sandra may say "If you see a chilli grab it" .. I love a story so my second hottie is simply another of hers named "DWB Columbia Red with tail"

Finally third and fourth choice "Arkansas Peach" a Sawyer Reaper variation I understand - Pulpiteer ... Moruga x Douglah - Snagglepus ... Knowing me there may well be more ... thank you for looking

Devv said:
A great year John!

I like seeing all those pods!

And may the rest ripen!
Thank you Devv I have my fingers crossed for no frost .... night time temperatures are low but manageable .....
PaulG said:
Nice haul, John - and still pods on the plants!
Hope the weather holds for you.
Paul just been down the poly tunnel ... a few pods I have not shown before ... thanks for looking in
Essegi said:
Great pods as usual!:D
Good to hear from you and thank you .... I have been lucky this season just suffering at the moment with the odd chilli maggot and moisture splitting on mature pods which is more annoying than anything else

Some I picked earlier in the week and from the poly tunnel today .....

Top - DWB (Doctors without Borders) Columbian Red ... sorry Sandra I have turned your pod pink rather than red
Obeah .... Cappuccino SB ..... Chocolate SB x Black Naga (Concorde Naga)
SBJB .... immature SB7J .... MoA Red
Yellow Primo x NagaBon .... Yellow SB7J ( thanks jamey work in progress )
Trinidad SB x 7pot

My IPad does not give these pods justice .... Chiliriot's PDN x SB7J is colour sequence from purple to blood red

PaulG said:
The PDN x SBJ7 has a color sequence almost identical to
the Hybrid BJ I've got, which I think was pollinated by the
PDN x Bonda.   Interesting.
The most prolific and tallest of my plants ... seed from Chiliriot planted in a 11ltr container ... loves the sun all the pods start purple but as they mature they eventually turn blood red but still have a dark shadowing which can be seen ... not strictly a bonnet but one for you I feel
Plantguy76 said:
John great pods what are your thoughts on the moa red ?
A big thank you to you Jason as you sourced the seed ... as you can see true to Pheno although a little Missouri heat and humidity might have enlarged them ...

Trident chilli said:
The most prolific and tallest of my plants ... seed from Chiliriot planted in a 11ltr container ... loves the sun all the pods start purple but as they mature they eventually turn blood red but still have a dark shadowing which can be seen ... not strictly a bonnet but one for you I feel

A big thank you to you Jason as you sourced the seed ... as you can see true to Pheno although a little Missouri heat and humidity might have enlarged them ...
Glad to have helped hope the flavor is as good as they look.
Is the stuffing scotch bonnet going to make it?
I know that they was slow for me & had to be pulled last season.

Well as the weather man today predicts that the temperature will fall tonight to just over freezing I thought that it was time to blitz the polytunnel and pull as many coloured pods as I could ....

1. Yellow Primo x NagaBon
2. P Dreadie standard variation
3. MoA Red
4. SB7J Yellow - work in progress
5. PDN x SB7J
6. SBJB - own cross
7. TSM x Annumm x SB
8. Chocolate SB x Black Naga
9. Saraga SB
10. Schnieder Farm SB
11. SB7J
12. DWB Colombian Red - unitensionally turned pink
13. Allen Boatman TJSB - True Jamaican SB
14. Senegal Habanero
15. Scotch Brain
16. Obeah - better Pheno but again work in progress
17. HotToddy mystery cross - possible Bha - goat
18. Arkansas Peach
19. Aji Jobito x BBG7 - no bleeding
20. Trinidad SB x 7pot
21. Single Matthew Arthur Crazy7pot
22.EOB Mustard variation
23. Possible Obeah x Butch T x NagaBon
24. Foodarama Yellow

PDN x SB7J

Aji Jobito x BBG7

Obeah - late pods closer to MoA shape

Thanks for looking in ... To all those that I have promised seed it will soon be on there way

John lovely pods I have tried the Aji Jobito x BBG7  Yellow & Justin is going to send the red I noticed yours are chocolate  what do you thinlk of them?
I think someone should cross a Aji Jobitio  with a bonnet the Aji Jobitio x BBG7 have wonderful flavor

Plantguy76 said:
John lovely pods I have tried the Aji Jobito x BBG7  Yellow & Justin is going to send the red I noticed yours are chocolate  what do you thinlk of them?
I think someone should cross a Aji Jobitio  with a bonnet the Aji Jobitio x BBG7 have wonderful flavor

Thanks Jason seed was from Sandra .. really surprised it did well for me and I managed to get some reasonably sized pods ... great taste and with the BBG an inject of heat but not over bearing ... all in the dehydrator .. your Senegal I managed to get out of the poly tunnel before last night's frost so they are colouring up on the windowsill

Devv said:
Very well done!
Thanks Scott overall it's been a good season - pest free although another few weeks of sun and higher temperatures would have enhanced the grow. Saraga SB and PDN x SB7J being the most prolific ... shape and taste wise it was hard to pick the best from P. Dreadie, Schneider Farm and Beth Boyd's ... the next debate will be is there any difference between Allen M Boatman's TJSB ( True Jamaican Scotch Bonnet) and Foodarama Yellow ...

So as the outside season closes I look towards the three plants I have in the grow tent upstairs in the spare bedroom ... I received some Matthew Arthur - SBN ( Sunny Border Nurseries ) Chocolate and Red from Superhot Sim via FB from KD ... I have to say thanks to both as personally I have not grown a better soft skinned chocolate variety than this. I am unsure of its parentage but it's a looky likey SB ... Matthew is always vague to his creations but if you know him and speaking with him I would love to know if this is or has a little bit of bonnet

SBN Red variety

Trident chilli said:
Some I picked earlier in the week and from the poly tunnel today .....

Top - DWB (Doctors without Borders) Columbian Red ... sorry Sandra I have turned your pod pink rather than red
Obeah .... Cappuccino SB ..... Chocolate SB x Black Naga (Concorde Naga)
SBJB .... immature SB7J .... MoA Red
Yellow Primo x NagaBon .... Yellow SB7J ( thanks jamey work in progress )
Trinidad SB x 7pot

My IPad does not give these pods justice .... Chiliriot's PDN x SB7J is colour sequence from purple to blood red

So many great pods and great pics.  Nice work!

Back