• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Trident's "It's all about the Bonnet" 2015

I am fascinated about the "Scotch Bonnet" Continuing in the same vein as my last season where I managed to grow over thirty varieties I am again keen to promote the "Scotch Bonnet" in all it's varieties and variations ... this season some new specimens to me and some old firm favourites such as SB7J and P. Dreadie ... a big thank you to those on this forum that have helped me in sourcing seed

Elysium Oxide - Mustard (SB Faria x Douglah natural colour variation) - Meatfreak
Elysium Oxide - Rust - Greg PIC1
SB x Trinidad 7pot - Superhot Sim
ScotchBrain F3 (SB Yellow x Yellow 7 Pot Brainstrain) - Greg
NeBru7 (Trinidad Yellow x 7 Pot Jonah)
SB7J Grass Hut variation
SB7J Atomic Mushroom variation
SB Atomic - Snagglepuss
NagaBon - Snagglepuss
SB Jamaican Ministry of Agriculture - Yellow - KD
SB Jamaican Ministry of Agriculture - Red - Greg
SB Foodarama - Yellow - Superhot Sim
SB Foodarama - Red
SB Jamaican Yellow - Greg
SB Peach - Matthew Arthur
SB Peach Long
SB Bahamas Orange - Superhot Sim
SB Dominican Republic Yellow - Buckeye Pepper Company
SB P. Dreadie
SB Freeport Orange - Meatfreak
SB Chocolate - Jim Duffy
SB Yellow Flats - Matthew Arthur
SB Jamaican Farmers Market
SB Trenton Farmers Market
SB True Form - Alan Boatman
SB Indian Red
SB Aji Jamaiquino - Nicholau
SB Yellow - Reimer Seeds

Every season I challenge myself with a Superhot so this year it's

Borg 9
Borg 9 Chocolate
UBSC - Brown

Ignoring the quote "less is more" I have also invested in many varieties of Jalapeño
Including "Farmers Market Potato, Hercules , Mammoth, Señorita , El Rey, Ciclon " for this seasons UK Forum Chillis Galore Jalapeño challenge all are germinating now

SB seeds and Superhots sown 19th January this is their progress to date

The Superhot's have really taken off ... Borg and UBSC phenomenal growth

Thank you Jason great looking pod and one for 2017 ... As for crossing a friend on the UK chilli forum is keen to try grafting he has asked me for seed and my aspirations ... a white or purple bonnet is something to aim for ...

Comptine said:
I do hope you'll continue glogging next year! It's been lovely following your progress this year, let's hope the next will be better!
Thank you for your kind words ... yes the bonnet quest will continue ... still looking for Jeff Nekola's Scotch Bonnet Sweet is anyone friends with him ...

Trident chilli said:
Thank you Jason great looking pod and one for 2017 ... As for crossing a friend on the UK chilli forum is keen to try grafting he has asked me for seed and my aspirations ... a white or purple bonnet is something to aim for ...
I would like to see a purple bonnet that's UFO pheno type about medium heat fruity & sweet
Maybe crossing the little cherio roxas with a SB7J or the yellow foodarama scotch bonnet
I've been considering joining the UK forum sometime to see all it offers etc
I plan to have the 2SB7Js form Steve queen on the other side of my place away form the rest that's the best I can hope for at lest if they do get crossed it will be by a scotch bonnet or baccatum
I am going to save f2 seed all depending if my four seeds germinate & will send you some next fall
That Jeff Nekola's Scotch Bonnet Sweet sounds cool I will keep an eye out for it .

Back