• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Tried my first Super hot....

stillmanz said:
like a perfect condition 7or scorpion I would think...don't you agree bent?

I dont know about the scorps..they're up there in the scovilles but the heat is short lived in comparison to a Bhut. The 7's for sure would be as hot or hotter..and the heat hangs on like a hungry croc. Douglahs seemed to have ticked all the boxes.

My night was very painful and full of tears...:lol:

What made it worse is I had to get up very early to come to work....

I have been quietly sitting in my office and hoping nothing to exciting happens today.....but I don't like my chances...:P

bentalphanerd;155017][QUOTE=tony05 said:
plenty still happening on the plant...will get some seed before end of season

Oh no you don't, if he wants Douglah seeds then he is going to have to bid on the greatest shave auction!!

tony05 said:
your not making any sence nova?

situation normal :lol:

The last pod got picked today - no seed :( Have spent a terrible night eating it & swallowing beer. Plant is still growing strong & many flowers....time left for more pods hopefully without that killer humidity.

bentalphanerd said:
situation normal :lol:

The last pod got picked today - no seed :( Have spent a terrible night eating it & swallowing beer. Plant is still growing strong & many flowers....time left for more pods hopefully without that killer humidity.
Do you have any seeds at all? not asking for them, just curious.

Omri said:
Do you have any seeds at all? not asking for them, just curious.

I only got one seed to start with & that became this plant. We had a heatwave just as the first summer pods were ripening & the humidity sent them all soggy. I got about 10 immature seeds from one soggy pod. Put 5 of them in the seed raising tray to try my luck.

If theres still none in another month I'll start to panic.

bentalphanerd said:
I only got one seed to start with & that became this plant. We had a heatwave just as the first summer pods were ripening & the humidity sent them all soggy. I got about 10 immature seeds from one soggy pod. Put 5 of them in the seed raising tray to try my luck.

If theres still none in another month I'll start to panic.
I'll be back in about a month from now. if you don't have any seeds of your own by then, I'll send ya some. hope those immature seeds will sprout. :)

Omri said:
I'll be back in about a month from now. if you don't have any seeds of your own by then, I'll send ya some. hope those immature seeds will sprout. :)

Cool - because I've torn up the vege garden so I can plant about 30 of these :lol: will be prepping the soil for another week or 2.

My new fave pepper

bentalphanerd said:
Cool - because I've torn up the vege garden so I can plant about 30 of these :lol: will be prepping the soil for another week or 2.

My new fave pepper
Don't know about 30 seeds, but some. :lol:

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
arghum...

Congrats. My fatalii's were pretty hot last year. Excluding the naga's, it was a toss-up between my caribbean reds and fataliis for hottest of my crop. I love the reds, but you can't beat the flavor of the fataliis. I look forward to this year's harvest.

Back