• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

TRINIDAD 7 POT PRIMO

Dang! Dulac I apologize for starting this bashing. When I said I wasn't sure how to take it you replied and that should have been the end of it.

I have some 7 Pot Primo seeds but they were not isolated so I can't guarantee they'll grow true. If you're willing to chance it I would be happy to send you some.

I don't think you started it Patrick. I liked your post because it allowed me to clarify that I didn't think the people in Marketplace were not credible. I'm not familiar with that forum nor did I think people would give seeds away to someone they didn't know. I didn't take any of your posts as bashing. I think it's very nice of you to offer.

Anyone who doesn't want to deal with me because I asked for a recommendation doesn't sound worth dealing with.

I think, you can see how cool people are here.That kind of comment, trust me, will not be helpful. It's up to you, but the people you want seeds off, may not even sell them to you . Most of the big-time seed people on here are friendly, I think. Good luck mate.

What is the problem with what I said? Why wouldn't they sell them to me? This is all very baffling. I'm friendly except when people bash me.

there is quit a bit of bandwagon bashing going round.

Yeah, that's unfortunate.

I don't think you started it Patrick. I liked your post because it allowed me to clarify that I didn't think the people in Marketplace were not credible. I'm not familiar with that forum nor did I think people would give seeds away to someone they didn't know. I didn't take any of your posts as bashing. I think it's very nice of you to offer.

What is the problem with what I said? Why wouldn't they sell them to me? This is all very baffling.
If you want advice you could probably PM on who to buy from or Patrick, Potawie,Jungle Rain, Pepperlover, River 915, Cmpman, me (I'm an amateur), etc.

If you want advice you could probably PM on who to buy from or Patrick, Potawie,Jungle Rain, Pepperlover, River 915, Cmpman, me (I'm an amateur), etc.

I could of done that (especially since I hold pepperlover in high regard). I asked here since the topic was about primos and thought the people here would know about primos. I was also trying to contribute to the thread but now it's ruined.

I like how many of the individuals who developed the most popular, world's hottest, etc. are the members of this forum... how has that not mentioned yet ?

I like how many of the individuals who developed the most popular, world's hottest, etc. are the members of this forum... how has that not mentioned yet ?

There are tons of great people on here. This is The Pepper Forum as far as I'm concerned. I was not disrespecting anyone and wouldn't be surprised if the individuals who developed peppers were in the marketplace. The whole debacle has been a misunderstanding.

debacle- strong word mate- guess you love a mass debate like me. No debacle , just everyday Hot Peppper Fiery & Fury debating.

I just read this entire thread .... can I have my last 5 minutes back please ... ohh too late I think I just lost a % of my will to live .... geeeezzz chill .... :D

Moving back to a point that I'd rather chime in on:

. . . I'm sure they are all so very close that it hardly matters.

Yeah, at some point hot is just hot. Like if a 1000-pound hunk of iron falls off the roof onto your head... as far as you're ever going to know, the end result isn't going to be any different from a 1200-pound hunk of iron falling on your head.

I find the chromatography to be as interesting as the next guy, but on a practical level, those numbers have limited utility when it comes to actually eating chiles.

Moving back to a point that I'd rather chime in on:

Yeah, at some point hot is just hot. Like if a 1000-pound hunk of iron falls off the roof onto your head... as far as you're ever going to know, the end result isn't going to be any different from a 1200-pound hunk of iron falling on your head.

I find the chromatography to be as interesting as the next guy, but on a practical level, those numbers have limited utility when it comes to actually eating chiles.

I agree. I'm wondering if different types of capsinoids affect individuals differently. That would make the heat even more subjective. I don't think it can be measured objectively.

I think that at the least different capsaicinoids affect different parts of the mouth and throat, and if I am not mistaken AJ's Holy Grail is a powder that hits them all.

For an example I always feel that the 7 Pots in general have a hot coal like effect on the back of the throat, the Bhut Jolokias I have tried really fired the tongue and front of the mout, while the ButchT was a mouth burn with a roof of the mouth thrown in.

As far as capsaicinoids affecting people differently I definitely think it is possible. Just a loose example but I got OC (oleoresin capsicum) sprayed a few years back as a part of training. I don't recall the percentage but it is military grade. Out of 200 of us, two guys got sprayed, ran the obstacle course, wiped their face, put a dip in and watched most of us writhe in complete and utter pain. Talking to the instructors they said that they have reactions ranging from the above to about 5 mins of moderate pain, to complete and utter screaming bloody murder.

Since it is the capsaicin in it that deals the pain i am sure that a study would show similar reactions to the consumption of peppers.

Maybe, maybe not, but something to ponder.

Some varieties have that "creeper" heat thing going on. It doesn't get bad until it hits the digestive tract...
Like a burning piece of "Lump" charcoal!

Greg

here is a source for some primos i just dont know if he isolates them

http://www.rainbowchiliseeds.com/catalog/i476.html

Some varieties have that "creeper" heat thing going on. It doesn't get bad until it hits the digestive tract...
Like a burning piece of "Lump" charcoal!

Greg

I ate a choco Bhut from Thepeopegrowingman and I was on the floor for a good 30 minutes. The heat was nothing compared to the stomach pain. I thought I was dieing. To me that is the worst a pepper can do. I'll take all the pain, until it hits the stomach. Then it makes me question what I am doing. Like flaming pitch forks ripping my stomach out of my body. Horrible.

MGOLD86 said:
I ate a choco Bhut from Thepeopegrowingman and I was on the floor for a good 30 minutes. The heat was nothing compared to the stomach pain. I thought I was dieing. To me that is the worst a pepper can do. I'll take all the pain, until it hits the stomach. Then it makes me question what I am doing. Like flaming pitch forks ripping my stomach out of my body. Horrible.

Reading up on anything primo since I am going to have some pods soon and came across this thread.  Matt you are making me think twice about eating a choc bhut!!!

LOL. I am sure that it was a fluke and I just didn't prep properly.  Sometimes I get hit, and sometimes it just goes by like nothing happened.

maybe this is a necro post but I must speak up after reading this & after trading seeds here with all you generous folks last year..

out of all the people who sent me or traded seeds Dulac's & k. skwerl seeds were the only true Super Hots that actually grew for me.

I did however get Alot of bell peppers, jalapeños, and Chinese types of peppers sent by several others even though I asked for something entirely different. so rather it was some sort of joke or unintentionally sent by a seed mix up accident, whatever the reason credibility is important and money for stamps add up.

so Dulac is not wrong in his statement.

Back