• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Trinidad Scorpion Appreciation Grow Event 2010

A true Trinidad scorpion - Tityus trinitatis.

t_trinitatis(f)_trinidadtobago.jpg

cool pics...

here are my scorpions

030710a010.jpg

030710a011.jpg

and I found another bag of dried scorpions...all had great stingers and I, evidently was saving them for seed...so I planted another tray...will update sheet later...

Thanks, WGN....anyone can do this if they try...I just happen to like growing...and honestly, IMO, these scorpions are way undersized...but looking back on the past 3 years, these were all undersize seedlings to start off but grew to 5.5 ot 6.0 foot monsters at the end of the season...I am just hoping to get a bunch of Stinger pods...that is what I am selectively breeding for...

I bet your hand still hurts from writing 'T Scorp' on all them pots.

I updated my info into the spreadsheet today. Seems to be a few different formats used which would affect future graphs.

Date input varies from /2010 to /10
Temperatures - Some state a range so would be hard to put into a graph

I'm not nit picking as a good job has been done mel but it would be good to see a line plotted on a graph with germination temps vs time

Chris

:lol: good observation toleman...I did have a couple of cramps...needed some pain medication so I drank a beer....

I think the data collected is just that...data collection for all to cut, dice, and slice it any way they want...I can actually make a silk purse out of a sows ear if you give me the right numbers.... :rofl:

Toleman said:
I bet your hand still hurts from writing 'T Scorp' on all them pots.

I updated my info into the spreadsheet today. Seems to be a few different formats used which would affect future graphs.

Date input varies from /2010 to /10
Temperatures - Some state a range so would be hard to put into a graph

I'm not nit picking as a good job has been done mel but it would be good to see a line plotted on a graph with germination temps vs time

Chris

I did have a bit of a play with a temp chart previously but like you say with ranges it is hard.. its not too bad though.. i just didnt want to overdo it with the charts and derail the thread.. i download the file and format it all the same before i create a chart anyways..

if you want to see anything different let me know -- happy to be of help :D

101_0556.jpg

These 2 wer potted up sat. 3/6.I have them under lights,temp. is average 88 deg.f,watered with 1/4 tsp. fert. to 1.25 gal.
They are the only ones that germ. out of 5.I just hope I don't over "garden them",too much attention.;)

Yeah, my plants a couple of months old now. I already have 687 tailed scorpions on this one plant. I tried to take a picture of it but those scorpions are so evil that it broke my Nikon D-50. Yall can go ahead and just believe me though

Mjdtexan said:
Yeah, my plants a couple of months old now. I already have 687 tailed scorpions on this one plant. I tried to take a picture of it but those scorpions are so evil that it broke my Nikon D-50. Yall can go ahead and just believe me though

You could draw a picture of the plant until you find a Scorpion resistant camera.

One of my seedlings died at the weekend. :(

I'm down to one Trini, though this one is going strong. Gonna have to keep a close eye on it.

Is it too late in the season to start new Chinense seeds?

Back