• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Trinidad Scorpion Appreciation Grow Event 2010

serrano said:
i'll have to wait and see. we have quite a short summer and i expect frosts in mid september.

I usually have the last frost late may and some years the first week of june and then the first frost by early september or late august... Last year we made it almost through september though. So I grow in containers, and this season I plan on bringing them inside in the dark every night. It seems like chiles don't like it light 24/7 as we have here during the summer - midnight sun is nice for us locals but tropical plants and tourists just aren't used to it;)

MOAR PICS! :D

chilli28012010048.jpg

Shares a container with a Thai Hot plant
chilli28012010050.jpg

I will show more pics as more pods "color up".

I love this sh!t. :D

I WAN'T IN!!! But I'm not sure if my seeds I planted were Trinidads or Fatalli..... If someone has any "for sure Scorpion" seeds left PM me!!!!!! I still have time..... But the clock is ticking, right?

I was sent seeds fro two different sources. This year is my first growing and they've been planted for oh, about, 4 days now :)

I'm not counting my chickens yet, but this does give me the motivation to keep records!

I haven't been up to much lately but I have these nice seeds from AJ that are just begging to be planted, red and yellow so count me in as well.

Ok, I see the hook on my first Trinidad Scorpion from Josh W. I am hoping to see some of the yellow ones pop up too. So, do us rookies get any handycap points or anything like that.

A question, when do I start feeding them?

When 2 or 3 true leaf sets appear. Fish emulsion 1/4 strength with some seasol ;) And always water your bottom, or something like that....

personally...and I know this may raise some discussion, but I start using a dilute Botanicare ProGrow for soil nutrient solution and some Botanicare Liquid Karma in all water given from planting seeds...right, wrong, or indifferent, thats the way I do it...when I say dilute, I mean 1/4 strength for both...I like to think of the Liquid Karma as an "enabler"...it is not a fetilize in itself...

my theory is that even though the seed has some stored nutrients, I don't want a lag time between when that runs out and when I first start fertilizing...soooo, I fertilize from the beginning...

Mjdtexan said:
A question, when do I start feeding them?
Everyone has their different opinions on this topic, but just make sure to start with a very weak solution. Most will say to wait for 2 to 3 sets of leaves but some will say to use more phosphorous for rooting, and others will say to use more nitrogen for growth. Personally I go with a mild nitrogen solution since my plants always flower before I want them to so I try to encourage more early growth. The trouble with phosphorous is that it is used by the plant for rooting as well as flowering/fruiting and you don't want to encourage early flowers/fruit, at least I don't

Im in!

Here are my 3 plants i managed to keep alive so far. Seeds from THSC

IMG_1517.jpg

IMG_1518.jpg

IMG_1514.jpg

Hopefully I should be start seeing some pods in a few months.

I see one of the PepperMania Yellow Scorpions little hook now. The others will probably start up now that one has. Still no Fatalii though.

Back