• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Trinidad Scorpion Appreciation Grow Event 2010

newborns are great arent they Straticus? If you can set up some lights and plant them in pots, there is no reason you cant bring them inside when it gets cold and keep them going over the winter, maybe even lucky enough to set pods indoors. I am not sure the temps needed to set pods on Scorpions, but I have had other pepper plants set pods indoors already this season and they are getting quite large...

Most definitely great. I plan to overwinter atleast one plant regardless of pod setting or not. What is it typically for a scorpion, 120 days to set? If thats the case, I'm looking at mid September here which is perfect. Should have one harvest if thats the case (120 days).

Ok, here are some updated pics of my two babies. Taken yesterday...4-29-10. The biggest one is exactly 1 foot tall. The smaller one is probably around 7 or 8 inches tall.

4-30-10002.jpg
[/IMG]

4-30-10005.jpg
[/IMG]

Here's my little 10 day old newborn babies. They are striving to be just like their big sibling and ancestors shown in these pics!

P1010117.jpg

Dark, being in Hawaii, you should have a year round season, so you can start them anytime. I am not sure how cool it gets there at night, but if it drops below 50ish, you could always bring them inside or cover them.

Shoot me a PM with your address, I have some Scorpion Yellow CARDI strain seeds I can let you have...

Dark, I have a few T. Scorpion seeds I can send you, but it'll probably take 4-5 days for them to get there. PM me your address and I'll send them to you.

Alan

Hey guys, thanks for the responses!! PMs sent! I'm on a bunch of Harley forums and it's nice to see the generosity isn't motorcycle specific!! Lol

I wouldn't even worry about them at 50 degrees. I have some of mine out right now in containers, and lows have been in the upper 40's - 60's the last couple of days. With no trouble, I even leave mine outside in the fall until the highs start dropping to into the 50's, this is of course on full size, mature plants, on younger plants you don't want to subject them to too many cool temps. Of course their moment of freedom is going to be short lived as it's suppose to start dropping into the 30's again shortly.

Finally got some pics uploaded today so I thought I'd share. I have one Trinidad scorpion plant that is really starting to grow nicely. Actually all my scorpions are growing well but I only photographed this one and its the biggest

4580674037_180a78139f.jpg

DarkTrak said:
Hey guys, thanks for the responses!! PMs sent! I'm on a bunch of Harley forums and it's nice to see the generosity isn't motorcycle specific!! Lol

Dark, this is THE BEST pepper forum, everyone here is so nice and very generous. But from one Harley ride to another, I can help ya out (I ride a 2010 V-Rod). LOL

Potawie, beautiful plant there sir! I only hope mine do that well. I put a couple out in planters and they arent looking so good right now, but the ones inside that are under the lights are looking great!

Back