• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Trinidad Scorpion Appreciation Grow Event 2010

Here's one of my Trinidad Scorpion-BT getting isolated for seeds in the greenhouse. I just stopped pinching buds recently and its flowering like crazy
4678875410_0195736026.jpg

4678875414_edb3c9ae2c.jpg

YEAH!!! please share your info on how you get your plant that large!!! do you have others that size or is that one just a freak? It's a Scorpion Tree!!! Is that just this years growth or overwintered from last year??
JUst read this thread.My link

And here again is my secret for getting stingers/tails. Leave the flower ring attached when possibe. As the pod grows the flower constricts the growth leaving great looking pods and I've got a whole gallery of these pics from past years. At least it works for me with the BT variety, some varieties may have a more normal stinger development

4711385039_14b4ce06c8.jpg

4711397639_9d231fd1e4.jpg

Trini. Scorp.update:6/18/10, Trini.Scorp. #1
100_0770.jpg

Trini. Scorp. #2
100_0771.jpg

the 1 gal. pot for size, both have blooms.They both have full sun, from 8 am-8 pm.watered when leaves start to droop.
fed mid may and yesterday 6/17.Used 5-10-5 fish/kelp bloom formula at 1 oz./gal.
They are positioned to get the most sun of any of the plants, they seem to like it too.

This one is marked AJ Scorpion, it looks different from the other scorpion plants I have, so maybe I goofed, but there are pods forming, so we will know soon...
Scorpion1.jpg

I planted these 2 scorpions directly in the main garden, they are slowly looking better and getting taller. These blossomed this week also, so thats a good sign...
GroundScorpion1.jpg

GroundScorpion2.jpg

I planted these 5 in the ground also, 3 AJ scorpions and 2 Asias Garden scorpions, funny how AJ's are bigger huh?
GroundScorpions5.jpg

Your peppers are at work???......LUCKY....

I made a deal with some of the people at the office a year and a half back. They like the greenery, I like the chillies. This year I managed to convince a few people to have more plants. I've got about 23 in total at work. My flat is only good for killing plants. Very large balcony, but very, VERY little sunlight, and because we're next to the water and thanks to the buildings surrounding us, howling winds.

I take care of the chilli plants, so they don't have to. They can have some (most people here don't like ultra spicy food, so it's not that many that do take them).

You should see the 10 foot high Blue corn I've got planted in one office...it's driving the people there mad! But in a good way :P

But REALLY happy to have a Trini pod growing. :)

I made a deal with some of the people at the office a year and a half back. They like the greenery, I like the chillies. This year I managed to convince a few people to have more plants. I've got about 23 in total at work. My flat is only good for killing plants. Very large balcony, but very, VERY little sunlight, and because we're next to the water and thanks to the buildings surrounding us, howling winds.

I have basically the same problem, howling winds at home that makes impossible to grow anything outside the house.
I think Im gonna try your approach and ask if I can bring some plants to the office.
At least I'll be more motivated to go to work each morning :)

Bleash

I have basically the same problem, howling winds at home that makes impossible to grow anything outside the house.
I think Im gonna try your approach and ask if I can bring some plants to the office.
At least I'll be more motivated to go to work each morning :)

Bleash

Just make sure you don't overdo the number of plants at work like I have. It means every time I take a couple of days off I'm worrying about whether or not the plants will survive, or whether or not the co-workers will remember to water them. :(

Other than that, though, it is a sweet set up.

Back