• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Trinidad Scorpion Appreciation Grow Event 2010

I was feeling pretty good about mine until Vincent posted his pics. Show off.

Anyway here are a couple of my Trinidad Scorpion CARDI. Seeds from Chris.

IMG_7329rre.jpg

Picture taken 16 days after the seed was placed in the growth medium

patrick said:
I was feeling pretty good about mine until Vincent posted his pics. Show off.

Anyway here are a couple of my Trinidad Scorpion CARDI. Seeds from Chris.

Picture taken 16 days after the seed was placed in the growth medium

Awesome. I am going to wait to post pictures of my Trinidad until after I see the true leaves .

Patrick, yours are looking like they're coming along well, and seeing as I got these from you I thought I'd post the Scorpion as well. The leaves seem to be very light green, which I think the amount of constant lights is contributing too

the ones in the background are Scorpions as well. I have about 12 going right now and I'll eventually end up with the 2 strongest for full maturity.

ScorpionJan312010.jpg

Mjdtexan said:
So the leaves on the bottom are cotlydons and the leaves on top are true leaves? Is this right?

that is correct. you'll see in my picture I have only 1 cotlydon...i cut one off with the 2nd to follow soon (not that it makes a difference)

Ballzworth said:
that is correct. you'll see in my picture I have only 1 cotlydon...i cut one off with the 2nd to follow soon (not that it makes a difference)

Thank You. I also noticed that he is not filling his cup all the way with his growing media. Is this so he can keep the light closer to the cup or is it to save and the material?

Saving on material is a plus I expect.

Mjdtexan said:
Thank You. I also noticed that he is not filling his cup all the way with his growing media. Is this so he can keep the light closer to the cup or is it to save and the material?
Saving on material is a plus I expect.

A good practice is to leave some room and as the stem grows, fill the cup. this will help especially with potentially leggy plants, but also non-leggy plants, because roots grow out of the stem once they're buried in soil. more root growth = bonus!

Ballzworth said:
A good practice is to leave some room and as the stem grows, fill the cup. this will help especially with potentially leggy plants, but also non-leggy plants, because roots grow out of the stem once they're buried in soil. more root growth = bonus!

Makes sense. Thank You again.

I finally have some scorpion hopefuls now. They are from Asias Garden in Oregon. AJ's scorpion seeds should be popping up by the end of the week. Are mine different or are scorpion seedlings just small???
Jan31Trinidad.jpg

I think it is cool looking but I have seen better looking pods (defiantly not in my garden though) but the more pics the better all I have is boring yellow scorpion 2 cotyledon seedlings. Maybe you can try that one too huh SYJ?:lol:

Novacastrian said:
I can't recall planting Scotch Bonnets this season and have you ever seen a scotch bonnett that looks like this?
Scorpion001.jpg

Exactly actually.
[video=youtube;630_ZcyUoWc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=630_ZcyUoWc[/video]

Doesn't look exactly the same to me but i do agree that my pod doesn't look like a Scorpion. It is labeled Scorpion though and i have another plant that produces pods that look the same albeit smaller and that labeled Scorpion too.
I will have to wait and see if they produce any classic shaped pods to be sure.

Great thread so far…not that I expected any less…

The pictures of the seed planting, sprouting, plants, and pods are great.

You know, I was just thinking, there is going to be a lot of information to be gathered from the various sources….soooooo…..how about me putting together a spreadsheet with the wanted/needed data and each one of you can let me know what’s happenin’ in a post here so all can see…. :lol:

I will try and keep a running tab on all the information and post it occasionally….how does that sound?

OK here goes….

Scorpion Color – Red, Yellow, or other
Scorpion Variety – Standard Scorpion, ButchT, Morouga blend, etc.
Source of seeds – if you don’t mind
Number of seeds planted
Germination Temperature -
Germination Temperature constant (+/- 3 degrees Farenheit, you can give it to me in celcius if you want and I will convert), yes, no
Germination Start Date
Germination Media – Rock wool, peat pots, seed starting mix, etc
First sprout date…if you are as anal as I am and look at the germination setup every two hours, you will know when all your seeds sprout – i.e. 1 after 7 days, 5 after 8 days, etc.
Fertilize used – yes, no
If yes to the above, type and amount, i.e. ÂĽ strength Botanicare ProGrow
Other treatments, type and amount – H2O2, Botanicare Liquid Karma, Superthrive, etc.

Here is a picture of the spreadsheet I will be using…and this way, I can see who all is playing….

note: playing with the size to see if you can read it....if it is too big for some, please say so and I can decrease the size of the pic...

ScorpionData02-03-10.jpg

if there is any information you would like to know that would be easily collected and tabulated, please say so...my mind is kinda forgetful these days... ;)

thats cool man...you just aren't as anal as I am.... :lol:

He's asking if the prints too big? Damn I am getting old. Looks good AJ and I'll be happy to play. I'm going to use the seeds you're sending.

I enjoy keeping records but I usually peter out about half way through a project.

Good luck to all and remember, second place isn't so bad. Ha!

Back