• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

hydroponic Trinidad Scorpion Butch T Hydroponic

great looking plants guys! i have a 7 pot and bell pepper in DWC and about to add anothe plant, mine are all grown outdoors and 1 is a monster!
this was after loosing 2 3' branches moving it from the apt to the house
DSC_0005.jpg

How do the dwc go outside? I'm concerned about the reservoir heating up and causing root rot from the sun. Summers get hot where I live. If am going to do hydro for flowering and pods, not just starts it would have to be outside cos I can't afford lights.

How do the dwc go outside? I'm concerned about the reservoir heating up and causing root rot from the sun. Summers get hot where I live. If am going to do hydro for flowering and pods, not just starts it would have to be outside cos I can't afford lights.
well when i started out, i had temp issues and no root growth. here is what i did a it worked. i place the bucket on foam insulation to keep the hot ground from transferring heat to the buckets, i thne wrapped the lids and the sides with HVAC tape to reflect the light, as well as you can see the white poly sheath that stops most light from hitting the bucket, and now that it is this big its canopy shades it. i took a temp this morning and it was 65 degrees F and it was 80 here yesterday as well as the sun hits it from 10am-5-6pm so get LOTS of sun. the keys are keeping the pump where it is not in the sun so its not pumping HOT air into the water(which can also cause a increase in res temp.

OP sorry to jack, your plant is looking GREAT!

looks like a puppy or a sick old dog

more like a tired lion I think now... very nice

hey mate my plants also got attacked by what i thought was a bug took a leaf down to a gardening shop so they could look end up being a fungus because of not enough air flow around the leaves apparently so might be worth considering??

I dont want to crash your thread but I thought I'd put a couple of pictures up of my hydroponic scorpion.

P1030180.jpg

P1030181.jpg

Nice mate how many plants u got? also do u get much flower drop now they have matured more?
And how much chilies are they producing per month?

What kind of nutrients are u using as well

Nice mate how many plants u got? also do u get much flower drop now they have matured more?
And how much chilies are they producing per month?

What kind of nutrients are u using as well
I've only got the one scorpion hydroponicly inside, and a bunch of assorted seedlings getting ready to go in my outside bathtubs. Outside now I've got two F1 Super Chilis which have been producing pods all summer and all through winter and I've also got an Aji Limon outside which isn't liking the cold weather as much as the f1 super chili. no pods on that yet.
I havn't had any ripe pods on my scorpion yet but I'd say there must be up around 100 pods coming through on it now and a bucket load of flowers ready to go.
I did have some flower drop when it was young but not too much maybe lost 10 or 15? I havn't had any flower drop recently, it was only while it was young. seems to be pretty much a 100% conversion rate now.
I'm using Dutch master Advance and I've got to say i'm very pleased with the results, I can't picture my scorpion being any bushier or being able to fit any more pods on it.
I found the dutch master advance on ebay very cheap it was 5l grow a and 5l grow b for $50 with free delivery. same for the flora a and b. Good price considering how long it lasts.

I've only got the one scorpion hydroponicly inside, and a bunch of assorted seedlings getting ready to go in my outside bathtubs. Outside now I've got two F1 Super Chilis which have been producing pods all summer and all through winter and I've also got an Aji Limon outside which isn't liking the cold weather as much as the f1 super chili. no pods on that yet.
I havn't had any ripe pods on my scorpion yet but I'd say there must be up around 100 pods coming through on it now and a bucket load of flowers ready to go.
I did have some flower drop when it was young but not too much maybe lost 10 or 15? I havn't had any flower drop recently, it was only while it was young. seems to be pretty much a 100% conversion rate now.
I'm using Dutch master Advance and I've got to say i'm very pleased with the results, I can't picture my scorpion being any bushier or being able to fit any more pods on it.
I found the dutch master advance on ebay very cheap it was 5l grow a and 5l grow b for $50 with free delivery. same for the flora a and b. Good price considering how long it lasts.

Hey mate they look amazing and to hear that you re using something cheaper than me is good news for me I can same a little more cash.

How old is your plant now?

And where do u live? I live in mount gambier in south Australia that's the reason y in doing hydro looking at buying a new tent so I can grow 12 moruga

Hey mate they look amazing and to hear that you re using something cheaper than me is good news for me I can same a little more cash.

How old is your plant now?

And where do u live? I live in mount gambier in south Australia that's the reason y in doing hydro looking at buying a new tent so I can grow 12 moruga
I'm in Western Australia , perth
Its about 6 months old.

Back