• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

hydroponic Trinidad Scorpion Butch T Hydroponic

What watering cycle do u have u hydro on?
I'm running once a day

Also are u chillies as hot or hotter than u thought they were going to be
my indoor scorpion is a dwc so I just have it sitting in water with the air pump going 24/7.
my outdoor chilies are nft so I just have a tiny water pump going 24/7. the water dropping into the tank takes care of the oxygen in the water.
so far I've only eaten my f1 super chilies and they knocked my socks off. I know they are only meant to be about 50,000scu but they felt hotter than that!
I ate one of the scorpions from from the same batch of seeds as my scorpion came from but it was grown in soil and that was as expected! Bloody hot!
My hydro super chilies are hotter than my soil super chili so I'm expecing my hydro scorpion will be hotter than my mates soil scorpion.

man that plant is loaded! my bran strain in 6'including the tote and 6'+ tip to tip of the canopy! its nuts! been hot here so been adding 1-3 gallons of water a day

Once they stop getting bigger they take forever, then all of a sudden, they just ripen like crazy, then once you pick them it starts all over

658AA050-4A5C-43B1-9275-5095F59BA450-10558-00000AED2EC575D9.jpg

09382CF5-A988-4F65-A2AD-644ABDAE10D5-10558-00000AED3A8F4AFB.jpg

Finally starting to ripen

I did that quite some time ago, I've got two 48watt nelson cfls underneith and there has been all kinds of new growth sprouting out! and I thought there wasn't anymore room for it to get any thicker under there.

Recently I had tons of flowers falling off! countless! So I moved my scorpion to another room so I could have it lower to the ground and so i could put the light higher up, my leaves were getting a little cooked and I think it might have been stressing the plant out too much, could be a great number of reasons the flowers were falling off I guess.
Now that its in its new spot it appears to be loving it! less flowers seem to be falling off....but maybe I'm dreaming.
I still have atleast 100 pods on there and tons more flowers open and even more again of buds.
a fair few of the very first pods that came out are really small...but I can see as the plant is getting older the pods are getting bigger.
the lanky part of the plant on the right is where it grew out of its enclosure out of the light.
P1030233.jpg

P1030237.jpg

P1030235.jpg

P1030228.jpg

I think this is my best looking pod so far.
P1030231.jpg

I did that quite some time ago, I've got two 48watt nelson cfls underneith and there has been all kinds of new growth sprouting out! and I thought there wasn't anymore room for it to get any thicker under there.

Recently I had tons of flowers falling off! countless! So I moved my scorpion to another room so I could have it lower to the ground and so i could put the light higher up, my leaves were getting a little cooked and I think it might have been stressing the plant out too much, could be a great number of reasons the flowers were falling off I guess.
Now that its in its new spot it appears to be loving it! less flowers seem to be falling off....but maybe I'm dreaming.
I still have atleast 100 pods on there and tons more flowers open and even more again of buds.
a fair few of the very first pods that came out are really small...but I can see as the plant is getting older the pods are getting bigger.
the lanky part of the plant on the right is where it grew out of its enclosure out of the light.
P1030233.jpg

P1030237.jpg

P1030235.jpg

P1030228.jpg

I think this is my best looking pod so far.
P1030231.jpg

Looking great mate

I can't wait to eat one

Just started putting a green house together

cool looking pods and plant
got a picture of Bruce Lee on my wall too ;)
thanks! I'm a little disapointed I dont have more pods with what looks to be traditional scorpion tails, I read a couple of threads a while ago about butch t's with no tails and I think it might be because they aren't stressed and maybe because they are winter pods. I can definItely say they are hot like a butch t and taste like butch t. One of the guys from work made a pizza with a chopped up butch t on it from my friends butch t plant, which originated from my butch t seeds and that sucker was HOT!

Back