• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

tsurrie's 2016 glog

So this is the new season... can't wait to put the seeds in the dirt.
I just finished preparing the grow "corner" for my future seedlings, and everything works fine.

atestledsfans.jpg

The lights are prepared and I plan not to go over 200 plants this year.. but we'll see how that goes.

Like last year ... I'm planning to grow mostly chinense's and annums... but there will be some baccatums (Aji Lemondrop, Aji Amarillo,...) and pubescens (Rocoto,...) that  hogleg sent me....

I'm still working on the final grow list.
But I'm really looking forward to start the action in a week or so.

moruga welder said:
nice pickings !      :onfire:
Thanks. Not as much heat as you got over there though.
stickman said:
Nice money shot Uros! I like Orange Habaneros too... especially in a Yucatan table sauce called Xec (pronounced sheck). http://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1012455-maya-citrus-salsa-with-red-snapper
Thanks and a great idea Xec is :)
Love the ingredients. Will try asap.
Devv said:
Nice!

Glad to see the color ;)
Thanks.
Well, I just love this stage when peppers are getting from green to ripe bright colors.
Even the view is a reward for the work&love you put in it.

Trident chilli said:
Nice harvest you have some super looking and very hot pods ... you must be pleased with your grow

thanks... oh yeah they're hot... but I rarely eat them strongest raw, usually in halfs/quarters.
I'm very pleased so far.
:cheers:

A little update from the garden...

Brain Strains are looking "cutely" dangerous
brains10092016.jpg

Mystery plant.... what do you think?
mystery10092016.jpg

I have this one marked as 7pot Jonah, but I'm not really sure....they look good though
somepeppers10092016.jpg

Looks like I'll have a lot of chocolates this fall...
plant one
chocoa10092016.jpg

plant two
chocob10092016.jpg

plant three
chococ10092016.jpg

yeah I know... the grass grew back. I was lazy and didn't weed after that big weeding in the middle of the summer.... well damn it, I did a small harvest instead....

Orange, C.R. and Chocolate habs, Scotch Bonnets and Aji Umba and the lower, hotter row... Bhuts, Brain Strain and two of them Reaper wannabes
harvest10092016.jpg

tsurrie said:

thanks... oh yeah they're hot... but I rarely eat them strongest raw, usually in halfs/quarters.
I'm very pleased so far.
:cheers:

A little update from the garden...

Brain Strains are looking "cutely" dangerous
brains10092016.jpg

Mystery plant.... what do you think?
mystery10092016.jpg

I have this one marked as 7pot Jonah, but I'm not really sure....they look good though
somepeppers10092016.jpg

Looks like I'll have a lot of chocolates this fall...
plant one
chocoa10092016.jpg

plant two
chocob10092016.jpg

plant three
chococ10092016.jpg

yeah I know... the grass grew back. I was lazy and didn't weed after that big weeding in the middle of the summer.... well damn it, I did a small harvest instead....

Orange, C.R. and Chocolate habs, Scotch Bonnets and Aji Umba and the lower, hotter row... Bhuts, Brain Strain and two of them Reaper wannabes
harvest10092016.jpg

Very nice! How will you process all that heat Uros?

Devv said:
Nice pull!

You'll be surprised how far that heat will go ;)

Thanks. I know I'll be surprised again :scared: :doh: and again :doh:
:rofl:

stickman said:

Very nice! How will you process all that heat Uros?

Thanks.
I'm planning to eat as much as possible :fireball:

And will give away some to friends, most of them will go into the fridge (for sauces later on) and some into dehydrator...

Nice harvest!
My wife's OK with the aroma, but she won't touch them...LOL
However, she will use the sauces I make to spice up wings and baby back ribs. I make the sauces in a puree format, using sweets like Jimmy Nardello's, Urfa Bieber's, and other sweets, mixed of course with the deadly supers to round out the flavors. Resulting in a sauce that's plenty hot, but mixes well with most anything you want to cook.

Devv said:
Nice harvest!
My wife's OK with the aroma, but she won't touch them...LOL
However, she will use the sauces I make to spice up wings and baby back ribs. I make the sauces in a puree format, using sweets like Jimmy Nardello's, Urfa Bieber's, and other sweets, mixed of course with the deadly supers to round out the flavors. Resulting in a sauce that's plenty hot, but mixes well with most anything you want to cook.

Mine likes the smell too, if it's not too strong, which almost always is :rofl:

Cool info on the sauce...would love if you wrote down a quick recipe... gotta try it someday to mix sweet ones in too. Usually I'm using only the ones that lit you up :fireball: and of course other veggies to even it up.

I went for a quick visit to the garden and a lot of peppers are rapidly ripening.... mornings are cold (today was just 5°C) and maybe that's speeding things up a bit.

Brains ... can't you just feel the warmth ?!?
brains22092016.jpg

Bhut's.... for when you have to cool off after a Brain Strain.... yeah right :fireball:
bhuts22092016.jpg

Mysteries ...
gardenmystery22092016.jpg

Sliced two more trays of peppers to dry... it will smell over here for a bit longer I guess :)
drying22092016.jpg

split Brain'S
brainclose22092016.jpg

Bhut'erfly
bhutclose22092016.jpg

tsurrie said:

Mine likes the smell too, if it's not too strong, which almost always is :rofl:

Cool info on the sauce...would love if you wrote down a quick recipe... gotta try it someday to mix sweet ones in too. Usually I'm using only the ones that lit you up :fireball: and of course other veggies to even it up.

OK at this URL http://www.devtex.net/recipe.html

Scroll down to the part where it says Puree, what I do different for the milder sauce is to use the sweets. Not bells, but sweets like Jimmy Nardello, Urfa Beibers, and Bishops Crown. Then add heat to satisfy the level you desire. It's 100% pepper sauce with just enough vinegar to get the PH correct. I also add Pineapple juice and less vinegar, while balancing the PH. As much as I can to take away the vinegar's overpowering taste. And of course the Agave nectar to take the edge off. I've found an overnight stay in the fridge lets the flavors meld and it's better than the day you made it, and even better several days later when you break into one of the bottles. So far it's been a huge hit among those I've shared it with.

I hope you enjoy it!

stickman said:
Alright Uros! That's a fine looking harvest! I've always thought of chile peppers as a way to store summer sunshine for those long, dark winter months, and you're storing quite a bit... :P

Thanks. Yes, plenty of sunshine and the winter is coming.

Devv said:

OK at this URL http://www.devtex.net/recipe.html

Scroll down to the part where it says Puree, what I do different for the milder sauce is to use the sweets. Not bells, but sweets like Jimmy Nardello, Urfa Beibers, and Bishops Crown. Then add heat to satisfy the level you desire. It's 100% pepper sauce with just enough vinegar to get the PH correct. I also add Pineapple juice and less vinegar, while balancing the PH. As much as I can to take away the vinegar's overpowering taste. And of course the Agave nectar to take the edge off. I've found an overnight stay in the fridge lets the flavors meld and it's better than the day you made it, and even better several days later when you break into one of the bottles. So far it's been a huge hit among those I've shared it with.

I hope you enjoy it!
Thanks for the recipe's, will try it soon for sure.

Another harvest today... some from the garden and some from the balcony...
harvestedpods25092016.jpg

got a lot of different pods again
harvest25092016.jpg

Jay's Peach closeup
jayspeach25092016.jpg

Mysteries closeup
the left one is the one from the garden (purplish plant with bhut looking pods), and the ones on the right are Sicman's mysteries (the brown one is from the purple plant)
mysteries25092016.jpg

also tried Habanero Cappuccino with my dinner...it is very similar to Hab. Chocolate, but with a less smokey aroma and it's not nearly as strong as Chocolate
habcap25092016.jpg

habcapcut25092016.jpg

Congrats on the really nice harvest :dance:

Very nice looking peppers, the Peach Ghosts look great. I had poor results here with all the high temps. Funny how some peppers just suck it up and grow like crazy and others just sit there.

Back