• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

tsurrie's 2017 glog

Stage 01: Selecting seeds for this season's grow is a hassle. Cutting back a little for sure. If I can.

selecting18012017.jpg

Plan is to sow them sometime around 25th next week.

OCD Chilehead said:
Those plants look nice Uros. I want to put the plants out so bad, but I will need to be patient with the weather I'm having. They'll have time to catch up.
Thank you. Better waiting than regreting, huh? Looks like Im waiting too. Last year got them planted in pots and the greenhouse was full by this time of year. Will start by mixing soil this week.

tsurrie said:
Here they are, hardening in the partial shade of the apple tree. It is currently windy and 13°C.

hardening30042017.jpg

tsurrie said:
Thank you. Better waiting than regreting, huh? Looks like Im waiting too. Last year got them planted in pots and the greenhouse was full by this time of year. Will start by mixing soil this week.

Nice to see your babies outside hardening off in Apple blossom time Uros! Rock on! :party:

stickman said:

Nice to see your babies outside hardening off in Apple blossom time Uros! Rock on! :party:

Thank you Rick.
The frost last week was very hard on the apples too. Like cherries, pears, plums... it affected the blossoms really hard when the temperature suddenly dropped under 0°C. It was unusally warm for a month, so everything started blooming earlier than most years. Than the frost... i doubt we'll had any cherries and plums. Apricots neighbor has, were burned 100%. Every pod in the making was dropped off. I bet some apples will grow, but they seem to be the toughest of the fruit trees.

tsurrie said:

Thank you Rick.
The frost last week was very hard on the apples too. Like cherries, pears, plums... it affected the blossoms really hard when the temperature suddenly dropped under 0°C. It was unusally warm for a month, so everything started blooming earlier than most years. Than the frost... i doubt we'll had any cherries and plums. Apricots neighbor has, were burned 100%. Every pod in the making was dropped off. I bet some apples will grow, but they seem to be the toughest of the fruit trees.

Ouch! That happened to us last year... late freeze following warm weather killed the Peach and Plum crops so none available for jam and hot sauce. This year the trees are loaded though, and if things follow the present curve we should have lots by August!

I almost finished all the pots today. In the next couple of days I'm going to put them around the house and fill this greenhouse up with tomatoes, kapijas and yellow bells...

pots04052017.jpg

In pots:
1x Goatsweed
1x Kapija x Palermo
2x Gochu
1x Fatalii
1x Habanero White
2x Chupetinho
1x Caribbean Red Habanero
2x Bhut Jolokia
1x Aji Umba
1x Habanero Orange
2x MoA Scotch Bonnet
1x Naganero
1x Devinne
2x Madame Jeanette x Malaysian Goronong
1x Habanero Chocolate
1x Habanero Chocolate x Peach Tigers Tooth
1x Rocoto
2x Fresno

stickman said:
Here's hoping things warm up for you real soon Uros! Are you getting itchy fingers too? ;)
Thanks Rick.
Itchy fingers? Who me ? Nooooooo :)

Cant wait for this weather to sort out damnit... All is prepared for the big migration now though. Still have to finish fixing the poles for protective net. I'll probably post a few pics later...

Cheers!

Planted tomatoes over the weekend and prepped the garden for other veggies too...
garden08052017.jpg

... we covered them later with some cold/frost protection sheets for a few days because of unstable weather, but I think we're gonna be good after thursday (that's why the white poles are fixed over them - to hold the sheet)
tomatoes08052017.jpg

tsurrie said:
Planted tomatoes over the weekend and prepped the garden for other veggies too...
garden08052017.jpg

... we covered them later with some cold/frost protection sheets for a few days because of unstable weather, but I think we're gonna be good after thursday (that's why the white poles are fixed over them - to hold the sheet)
tomatoes08052017.jpg
Good on ya Uros! It's supposed to frost here tonight so I don't dare transplant the 'Maters yet. Hopefully by Thursday... [emoji120]

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

stickman said:
Good on ya Uros! It's supposed to frost here tonight so I don't date the 'Maters yet. Hopefully by Thursday... [emoji120]

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk
it's wiser to wait, just a few more days and you'll be good to go.... I already covered my potted ones today, tomorrow morning may be cold, but then it will get warmer... cant wait

OCD Chilehead said:
Looking good Uros!

Those plants are going to repay you for all the kindness and generosity.

Some great varieties!
Thank you Chuck. I hope they will grow happily over the summer.

Datil said:
Nice job so far!
Thanks Fabrizio. How is everything over there ? Any warmer by your place?

Maligator said:
Your garden area looks great! Can't wait to watch the progress.
Thank you man. It's not much, but I'm trying to use the garden as much as I can. You are certainly welcome to follow.

--------

So I tucked them tomatoes real good today to protect them from the cold tomorrow morning. It's currently 8°C but the temperature is dropping and it's supposed to hit about 4°C by the morning. Hoping for 5° minimum over here, but you never know.  :confused:  :pray:
Hope it won't hit hard and get to zero.....

tuckedin09052017.jpg

Back