• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

tsurrie's 2017 glog

Stage 01: Selecting seeds for this season's grow is a hassle. Cutting back a little for sure. If I can.

selecting18012017.jpg

Plan is to sow them sometime around 25th next week.

See your growing Madam Jeanette x Cili Goronong, has been a popular grow here in UK the last few seasons, nice twisted shape pods, nice heat and a real fruity flavour.
Hope it does well for you.

Sent from my VFD 900 using Tapatalk

stickman said:
Looking good Uros! You'll have your hands full in a few weeks. :)
Thanks Rick. Looks like it :)

Essegi said:
Awesome shots! Really great looking plants and for sure those mountains look fun to explore! Scenery is enchanting!
Thank you Giancarlo. Hope everything will grow as planned.
I do wish to explore most of them mountains in the background. Been to a few though.

Superhot Sim said:
See your growing Madam Jeanette x Cili Goronong, has been a popular grow here in UK the last few seasons, nice twisted shape pods, nice heat and a real fruity flavour.
Hope it does well for you.

Thank you. Sounds good. Hoping it grows well too.

Plants are getting big and they will mostly be ready when the dirt day comes. At this moment, I'm waiting on a good forecast and then we're good to go.

Tomatoes
tomatoes24042017.jpg

shelve #1
shelvea24042017.jpg

shelve #2
shelveb24042017.jpg

box
box24042017.jpg

What I'm happy about the most is that this season they're fungus gnats free.
:dance:

stickman said:
Looking good Uros! I'll bet you're glad to be pulling into the home stretch. :)
Thank you Rick. I sure am glad, can't wait to stretch the grow around the house :) and also all the way to friends & family

PaulG said:
Fantastic, Uris!  It looks as if this LED lights are working great.  
Good luck with plant-out.  I'm about ready myself.  Think May 1
will find me starting with the hardier varieties.  

Thank you Paul. Those LED's are incredible for filling in, if you think what low-cost lights they are.
Good luck to you too. It looks like I'm also starting this weekend or the next.

tsurrie said:
Thank you Scott. Hoping the warm weather will hold on.... Usually there is a chance of frost until mid may for the area.

Always safer to wait, and even if no frost happens and it stays a bit cool, that can slow them down. Most seasons I'm planting them in the dirt 30 days after I set out the Maters. My issue is the quick build up of heat that stops the fruit setting. Lesson learned after the last few years. I need larger plants come dirt day; but that will mean less. No room in the nursery.

Devv said:

Always safer to wait, and even if no frost happens and it stays a bit cool, that can slow them down. Most seasons I'm planting them in the dirt 30 days after I set out the Maters. My issue is the quick build up of heat that stops the fruit setting. Lesson learned after the last few years. I need larger plants come dirt day; but that will mean less. No room in the nursery.

Shit now I'm seriously thinking of waiting another two weeks, but don't think I can do it anymore. Got the soil ready for making a mix, but it's raining these days and have to wait anyway. Will post when anything happens for sure.
I feel that the weather is most unpredictable every time the dirt day is supposed to happen. Got to make it exciting or something.

Devv said:
I had to look at a map to see your Latitude; you're on par with about Maine here in the States. Way colder than my area!

Yes, something like that. If we're lucky, we have some summer temps from mid may till the end of september, but most times the weather starts spoiling in the middle of september if not earlier. With summer temps I mean: day temps from 25-35°C and night temps from 15-25°C, with some exceptions of course.

Well, we had three days of constant rain and today is finally sunny. Time to do some more hardening off now. If I'll plant soon, I'll just do the pots for now. I can easily squeeze them in the greenhouse and garage overnight. The garden will be on hold for another two weeks.

Back