• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

tsurrie's 2018 glog

Cheers all. :welcome:
Here we go again.

Been selecting for a while....
selecting25012018.jpg

and finally sowed a few.
sowed25012018.jpg

The annums:
  - Kapija paprika
  - Yellow paprika Alpina
  - sweet (cayenne looking) peppers
  - Cherry Bomb
  - Jalapeno
  - Pequin
  - Cayenne Golden

The pubescens:
  - Manzano
  - Rocoto

The baccatum:
  - Lemon Drop

The chinenses:
  - Aji Umba
  - Bhut Jolokia
  - Bonda ma Jacques
  - Chupetinho
  - Habanero Chocolate
  - Habanero Orange
  - Habanero Caribbean Red
  - Habanero White
  - MoA Scotch Bonnet

Now the waiting game begins. :rofl:

TrentL said:
Looking great!!! Now the wait begins while they adjust to their new homes!

Thanks. It's hard to acknowledge it's the middle of march because of all the snow we had last month, but the temps are starting to get higher now. The spring will soon be here and the time to move them outside, soon after that.

tsurrie said:

Thanks. It's hard to acknowledge it's the middle of march because of all the snow we had last month, but the temps are starting to get higher now. The spring will soon be here and the time to move them outside, soon after that.

It snowed here this week! I've had enough of this cold crap for one year.

Looking good Uros! I hear ya 'bout general busy-ness. We got snow twice in the last couple of weeks, and will again tonight they say... but at least it isn't staying long and as you say, spring will eventually come. Good luck with your garden!

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

TrentL said:

It snowed here this week! I've had enough of this cold crap for one year.
I hear you Trent. It was almost melted by the rain these few days, but the forecast for next week says it's going to go below zero again.

stickman said:
Looking good Uros! I hear ya 'bout general busy-ness. We got snow twice in the last couple of weeks, and will again tonight they say... but at least it isn't staying long and as you say, spring will eventually come. Good luck with your garden!

I think we're all waiting for the spring now. It's just the opposite of last year, when it was unusually warm almost whole february and march.
Thank you and good luck to you too.

Devv said:
I'm hoping the weather likes you more really soon ;)

Yeah me too, Scott. It looks like it will stay the same untill the end of the month. We were promised another light rain/snow week just today. Screw it, it will all sort out until the dirt day comes :)

It's been a long time... but the spring finally came to these parts of the woods.

Went for a run the other day to check if the bears are still sleeping... it was phenomenal weather, a bit windy, but warm
springa07042018.jpg

springb07042018.jpg

springc07042018.jpg

There is a "schnapps-o-mat" on some hilltop (about 1000m).. you put 1 euro in a slot and you can drink one cup (50ml)... it's a bummer I didn't have any change on me
schnappsomat.jpg

In the meantime, tomatoes and peppers are growing slowly, but most of them will make it as big as they need to be by the end of the month.... some are just looking like they are making no progress... I think it's something wrong with the soil or maybe I just tucked them in real hard... who knows

Tomatoes
tomatoesa07042018.jpg

tomatoesb07042018.jpg

Basil
basil07042018.jpg

Peppers
peppers07042018.jpg

Very nice progress, Uros. Great flavors on your grow list, as well. Beautiful outdoor photography and gorgeous day! Best of luck to you this season.

-Adam

tsurrie said:
It's been a long time... but the spring finally came to these parts of the woods.

Went for a run the other day to check if the bears are still sleeping... it was phenomenal weather, a bit windy, but warm
There is a "schnapps-o-mat" on some hilltop (about 1000m).. you put 1 euro in a slot and you can drink one cup (50ml)... it's a bummer I didn't have any change on me
schnappsomat.jpg

In the meantime, tomatoes and peppers are growing slowly, but most of them will make it as big as they need to be by the end of the month.... some are just looking like they are making no progress... I think it's something wrong with the soil or maybe I just tucked them in real hard... who knows

Peppers
peppers07042018.jpg

Man! Those are some beautiful pics Uros! It's still pretty cold here, but we hope to catch up to you soon. Schnapps-o-mat... how come we don't have anything like that on the hiking trails here!!!? :drunk:
Your plants are looking really good to me. Will you be keeping them all or trading some of them?

Bhuter said:
Very nice progress, Uros. Great flavors on your grow list, as well. Beautiful outdoor photography and gorgeous day! Best of luck to you this season.

-Adam
Thanks Adam. The nature is just awesome this time of year.

Devv said:
Looking good Uros!

Just beautiful scenery around you ;)

A "schnapps-o-mat"? I'm game :party:
Thanks Scott. Yeah, it would be hard running forward after a few cups of this "fire water"

stickman said:

Man! Those are some beautiful pics Uros! It's still pretty cold here, but we hope to catch up to you soon. Schnapps-o-mat... how come we don't have anything like that on the hiking trails here!!!? :drunk:
Your plants are looking really good to me. Will you be keeping them all or trading some of them?

Thanks Rick. I'm sure you will be following closely, after all, we still had snow only two weeks ago.

Genetikx said:
Schnapps-o-matt.... reason #86 why other countries are cooler than us. First guy to see it would drink half the bottle. Second guy would drink the other half and take the money left from the first guy
Well. I bet the farmer who installed this "schnapps-o-mat" is counting on that little fairness that is left among the people these days. And I heard he gets the money back for refills. It's really not meant to be a business, it's a rarity and an attraction among hikers. If anyone will ever hike these parts, that point is very close to Slovenian Mountain Hiking Trail.... so, give me a pm and I'll come with a few euros up there :cheers:

A lot was happening these last few weeks.... and it got warm outside.
I'm currently listening to a storm outside, but in a last few days I decided to prepare that old garden we were using for the last couple of years.

gardena02052018.jpg

Will still have to do some weeding and put up a roof for the tomatoes....
gardenb02052018.jpg

We took a trip to see some sights with the kids....

Boka waterfall.. pretty nice
boka02052018.jpg

Some snow is still left on a Vršič Pass - 1611m elevation...
vrsic02052018.jpg

And I managed to transplant around 20 peppers into pots... the tiny one on the left is my only Bhut Joloka this season :)
transplants02052018.jpg

The biggest this year is one of the first sprouts.... Chupetinho
chupetinho02052018.jpg

Looking good Uros!

Please tell me about the Chupetinho ;)

That snow looks like it would be fun to ride down, until the bottom :rolleyes:

tsurrie said:
A lot was happening these last few weeks.... and it got warm outside.
I'm currently listening to a storm outside, but in a last few days I decided to prepare that old garden we were using for the last couple of years.

gardena02052018.jpg

Will still have to do some weeding and put up a roof for the tomatoes....
gardenb02052018.jpg

We took a trip to see some sights with the kids....

Boka waterfall.. pretty nice
boka02052018.jpg

Some snow is still left on a Vršič Pass - 1611m elevation...
vrsic02052018.jpg

And I managed to transplant around 20 peppers into pots... the tiny one on the left is my only Bhut Joloka this season :)
transplants02052018.jpg

The biggest this year is one of the first sprouts.... Chupetinho
chupetinho02052018.jpg
How did I miss this?! Looking good Uros... I hope things have warmed up enough for you to plant soon. Nice mountain scenery you have there. Cheers!

Devv said:
Looking good Uros!

Please tell me about the Chupetinho ;)

That snow looks like it would be fun to ride down, until the bottom :rolleyes:
Thanks Scott... what would you like to know of Chupetinho... it's tasty chinense and full of low to medium burn small tear shaped pods.

stickman said:
How did I miss this?! Looking good Uros... I hope things have warmed up enough for you to plant soon. Nice mountain scenery you have there. Cheers!

Thanks Rick. I'm planting these days as a matter of fact. Tomatoes are in, the peppers too, but got chiles mostly in pots... will put a few extras in the garden too. Pictures will follow sometime over the weekend I hope if not sooner.

Things seem to got into place now, everything finally started to grow rapidly.

Alpina from the greenhouse
alpinapaprika07062018.jpg

Basil is nice and bushy
basil07062018.jpg

Eggplants are liking the greenhouse
eggplant07062018.jpg

Tomatoes got big
tomatoes07062018.jpg

Bangalore T. and Jalapeno
bangalorejalapeno0706201.jpg

Jalapeno is flowering
jalapeno07062018.jpg

Cayenne Golden too
cayenne07062018.jpg

Chupetinho
chuptinho07062018.jpg

group shot
groupshot07062018.jpg

Thats it. Thanks for stopping by.

In the meantime....

jalapenos on the balcony are growing fine... setting pods and getting bigger
jalapenos09072018.jpg

Eggplant is also getting big and flowering... look at those big leaves...
eggplantbalcony09072018.jpg

Habanero Chocolate is very bushy and setting flowers
chocolatehab09072018.jpg

off to a greenhouse.... eggplants are even bigger so I am really hoping this time I get some real pods from these
eggplantgreenhous0907201.jpg

WTF... these are supposed to be Kapijas from the seeds I bought. I have no idea what these will be. They sure are too bright to be in any relation to Kapijas.
pepperwtf09072018.jpg

Back