• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Using Cinder Blocks As Planters

I'm curious to see how these jalapenos turn out. If they do relatively well, then the cinder block idea wouldn't be much different, I guess. I'm not expecting much though. That's six plants in one little container. The container was sold as a "pepper growing hanging pot".

8582082401_b2a3bb3794_b.jpg

I'm curious to see how these jalapenos turn out. If they do relatively well, then the cinder block idea wouldn't be much different, I guess. I'm not expecting much though. That's six plants in one little container. The container was sold as a "pepper growing hanging pot".

8582082401_b2a3bb3794_b.jpg

Interesting Phil! How to you go about evenly watering them? Do you water inside each hole/opening or just from the top and make sure it soaks all the way to the bottom plant?

There's a slightly funneled hole in the lid for watering. I was discouraging Moruga from using cinder blocks as planters for larger plants, then I remembered I had these guys hanging outside.... so I wanted to show that restricted roots might not be a problem for smaller plant varieties. Or they might! We'll see! I just know that once these jalapenos mature, there's going to be a serious mess of roots in that pot, and they'll be competing for nutes. I'd say cinder blocks might work for small varieties.... but only for small varieties.

Anyway, I just don't want it to seem like I'm hijacking this thread for my jalapenos.... just using them as an example of cramped root planters

Back