• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

baking Veggie Pizza Pics

Hey Everybody,

I decided to experiment with some veggie toppings for today's pizza. I used artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers, red onion, sauteed fresh spinach, sauteed portabella mushroom, and kalamata olives. Here are some pictures so you know what I'm workin' with:

Ready for the oven:
f35qj5.jpg

Out of the oven:
2mra3gm.jpg

Ready for serving:
2w4xzzs.jpg

Side view of a slice:
23mkhl2.jpg

I love making pizza!

Steve

No doubt about it Steve....that pizza is hot, blue, and righteous! Outstanding! (don't tell anyone here on THP but I'm a closet vegetarian!) I can dig it!

That pizza does look good! But...where's da meat? :lol:

TB...what did I hear? A closet what? :gasp: Are you feeling well today? :lol:

That looks awesome. I always love mushrooms and olives on pizza, but I do like my bacon fix as well;) The spinach sounds interesting too, I'd like to give that a try.

Well, for a veggie pizza that looks great and I'm sure it tasted nice too....

I'm a vegetarian as well.......Pork is a vegetable isn't it??

:lol:

Looks awesome! Never be afraid to eat a pizza with no meat, it's just damn good if you do it right.

Thanks for all of the compliments. I have overhauled my dough recipe, and I am definitely liking the results. Better coloration, better rim rise, chewier texture, but airy enough to keep it from becoming leathery. I will take some more pictures soon and create another thread. I hope it's not getting boring for everybody else!

nice pizza veggie or not, there should be a Mother of all pizza thread so you can view all pizza creation on one thread instead of 20 threads with one pizza imo, nice work steve!

Back