• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

vincent's 2013 season ***10/22/13 SUPER HUGE MEGA 40ish PICTURE UPDATE***

Well well well. Here we are again folks. Spent the last couple days getting everything all set up how i would like it to be (heat mat temps, lights hanging in right position, and the never ending task of finalizing a grow list. But i think ive done it...lol. i will be using a hydrofarm 4ft, 6 bulb, T5 fixture along with a heat mat set to88 F. I did not soak seeds overnight as i did last season so ill see if it makes a difference. Im putting litt. Ms. Oriah down for a nap at the moment but will post the final grow list here shortly

Pics to follow my friends.

Vincent

Well its been 5 days and i have some little babies poking their heads out!!

Billy boy jonah
Billyboyjonah-1.jpg

Chocolate bhut X cajamarca
Chocbhutxcajamarca1.jpg

One of patricks SB7J
SB7JONAH.jpg

Jalabanero
Jalabanero.jpg

5 days is pretty quick.........lucky you.

Chocolate Bhut x Cajamarca...wow, I know what each of those look like especially the rainbow colors of the CM. What color is the final product ?

5 days is pretty quick.........lucky you.

Chocolate Bhut x Cajamarca...wow, I know what each of those look like especially the rainbow colors of the CM. What color is the final product ?

Well i got the seeds from a couple pods that cmpman sent me. The pod was actually a dark red color. The flavor was fantastic as well as the heat. Not a superhot but decent. The pod he sent wss a F1 so who knows what itll be like this generation. And yes i had some scorpions sprout last year in 4 days :-)

Well i got the seeds from a couple pods that cmpman sent me. The pod was actually a dark red color. The flavor was fantastic as well as the heat. Not a superhot but decent. The pod he sent wss a F1 so who knows what itll be like this generation. And yes i had some scorpions sprout last year in 4 days :-)

Me too........I found a few of AJ's scorps in my seed catalog. Only a few, but 3 hooks so far in 7 days............"Where's AJ"........... :confused:

5 days must be some sort of record for the super hots that are sprouting already... I just got sprouts on some morugas and I past the 2 weeks mark a couple days ago

5 days must be some sort of record for the super hots that are sprouting already... I just got sprouts on some morugas and I past the 2 weeks mark a couple days ago

Nah not a record lol. Last season i had all my seeds sprouted in 12 days. That was also just using an electric blanket as a heating source. This year ive actually upgraded to a real seedling heat mat haha

Thanks guys, yea last year I just had T8's and while they did an ok job I cant wait to see the difference the T5 makes.
Guess I will have to jump on the bandwagon one of these days!

Haha jamie we arent all as fortinate as you living where it gets down to freezing like twice a year.

Anyways just a little update. Seeds were sown on the 9th so its been 11 days on the heat mat. I planted 6 seeds of 24 varities. As of a couple hours ago i have at least 1 of every type except the naga viper. Ill give it till the 23rd (2 weeks) and if none have come up i will start a few more. Anyways ive moved some of the babies into 3.5" pots and under the ol T5's. I shall have pictures later this evening (we are headed to my in-laws hooray)

Hope everybody has had a good weekend. Thanks for looking

Heres a few pictures from today.

All the babies under the lights
20130121_121517.jpg

Chocolate bhut X Cajamarca
20130121_121552.jpg

Billy boy douglah red
20130121_121654.jpg

Scotch bonnet X 7 Jonah
SB7J.jpg

White bhut
20130121_121922.jpg

Tabasco
Tabasco.jpg

Sepia Serpent
20130121_122219.jpg

Aji Lemon Drop
20130121_122146.jpg

That barely scratches the surface but most all of the plants look the same at the moment haha. Out of the 144 seeds i planted on the 9th i had 113 come up...not too shabby i dont think. I planted a few more today though :) biker billy jalapeno, chocolate bhut X yellow 7, naga viper, scotch bonnet red and yellow, and a not black naga cross from cmpman1974. Well thanks for looking everybody

Just a small little update. Most everything has at least one set of true leaves except a few that must not be getting the full blast of light from the T5's. Some of them are even starting on their second set of leaves.

Also I started the following on Jan 21st:
Biker Billy Jalapeno
Scotch Bonnet Red
Scotch Bonnet Yellow
Chocolate Bhut X Yellow 7 F5
Not Black Naga mean red cross (from Cmpman1974) he says its pretty hot.

Heres a couple pictures...enjoy!

Jalabanero F4
Jalabanero12813.jpg

Sepia Serpent (Chocolate TS X Douglah)
Sepiaserpent12813.jpg

Billy Boy Jonah
Billyboyjonah12813.jpg

Beni Highland (seeds from Aji joe)
Benihighland12813.jpg

Scotch Bonnet X 7 Pot Jonah
SB7J12813.jpg

Chocolate Bhut X Cajamarca F1 (another from Cmpman1974)
Chocobhutcajamarca12813.jpg

And last but not least, a Bahamian Goat
Bahamiangoat12813.jpg

Thanks for looking everybody

Holy batman those babies are growing fast Vincent. That new light is kicking arse!!!!

Indeed they are Jamie. I accidently burnt like 12 babies because I had the lights too close. The leaves weren't touching them or anything but yea I had the lights maybe 4" from the tops of the plants and the next morning I walked in to see some brown crispy leaf edges...woops, good thing I started way too many.

Hey Vincent, like the setup you got... Very nice its looking like the 6 bulb T5 is doing the trick... Keep em happy and they will reward you with plenty of pods come summer time...

Hey Vincent, like the setup you got... Very nice its looking like the 6 bulb T5 is doing the trick... Keep em happy and they will reward you with plenty of pods come summer time...

Oh yea, im loving the new lights. I'm very glad I saved up for it. I'll do my best to keep em happy.

that's a great start Vincent.

& Thanks for all the seeds.

Thanks Sy, and you're welcome.

Couple more:

Billy Boy Douglah Red
Billyboydouglahred.jpg

Carolina Reaper
Carolinareaper.jpg

7 Pot Primo
7potprimo-1.jpg

Back