• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

vincent's 2013 season ***10/22/13 SUPER HUGE MEGA 40ish PICTURE UPDATE***

Well well well. Here we are again folks. Spent the last couple days getting everything all set up how i would like it to be (heat mat temps, lights hanging in right position, and the never ending task of finalizing a grow list. But i think ive done it...lol. i will be using a hydrofarm 4ft, 6 bulb, T5 fixture along with a heat mat set to88 F. I did not soak seeds overnight as i did last season so ill see if it makes a difference. Im putting litt. Ms. Oriah down for a nap at the moment but will post the final grow list here shortly

Pics to follow my friends.

Vincent

Cause I have never had babies that look like yours .

Well thanks, I just try to leave them alone except put the fan on them and water them, I also really think the new lights have a good bit to do with it.

Very nice start Vincent... beautiful plants.
I'm just getting a few hooks so far.

Thanks Sy, Im sure your little hooks will turn into some nice plants before too long

I'm liking the pics of your chiles Vince... nice work!

Thanks man. I neglected the GLOG last year so I'm trying to do better this season. Also what's really crazy is that every picture on my glog so far was taken with my phone. (Samsung Galaxy S3) it actually takes amazing pictures.

I'm jealous, sun during the day, flouros at night. Those seedlings have perfect color and will be hardened off in no time with that spa treatment.

wow how do you guys have such rapid growth.... im impressed...good job

I'm not sure what I've done haha. I am going with the assumption that it's beginner's luck.

I'm jealous, sun during the day, flouros at night. Those seedlings have perfect color and will be hardened off in no time with that spa treatment.

Thank you good sir, yea they can't go outside every day, we are still having days with highs in the 50s but it was 67 yesterday so I thought I'd treat them to the sun.

excellent start. Those babies look terrific and they are already taking a bath outside. That is such a blessing being that we are about to get a foot of snow tomorrow night.

Choco Bhut x Cajamarca... sounds familiar.... good luck with the grow!

Yea I had gotten a single pod off of Cmpman last year and I loved the flavor and heat so I kept the seeds for this years grow. Did you create the cross?

Looking good Vincent! Man I sure can't wait till plant out!

Thanks Shane, I can't wait either. Last year I was able to let them stay outside full time around March 10th or so, so here's to hoping for another short winter :)

excellent start. Those babies look terrific and they are already taking a bath outside. That is such a blessing being that we are about to get a foot of snow tomorrow night.

Thank you for stopping by. Yea you gotta love good ol' Alabama weather, but hey we did get snow on January 17th of this year...and then the next day it was in the 60's again haha.

See: it does too get cold in Alabama

Scenes from the great blizzard of 2013 lol, we ended up with around 2 inches woo
20130117_135729_zps76413a12.jpg

My Japanese Maple
20130117_145232_zps0ef13bff.jpg

And my poor Maltese, Ceasar, and Pitbull / Rottweiler, Fiona, who just wasn't quite sure what to think about all of that white stuff
20130117_145027_zps62b27975.jpg

Figured it was time for a little update :-)

White bhut jolokia
Whitebhut21213_zps8c0ac6d0.jpg

Carolina reaper a little behind the others
Reaper21213_zpse180aef4.jpg

Aji lemon Drop
Ajilemon21213_zps209a6f78.jpg

Jalabanero needing a drink
Jalabanero21213_zps3b5e6028.jpg

Billy boy douglah red
Billyboydouglahred21213_zps7f5b4bfe.jpg

Chocolate bhut X cajamarca
ChocolatebhutXcajamarca21213_zps40ce9110.jpg

Bahamian goat
Bahamiangoat21213_zpsa9ef5529.jpg

7 pot Barrackpore
Barrackpore21213_zpsd141516d.jpg

Sepia serpent
Sepiaserpent21213_zps8ebf765c.jpg

Someone feel free to give me a bump

Beautiful!
Thank you kind sir

Vincent your plants rock.....I don't see a bad leaf in the bunch !

Oh there's a couple bad leaves hiding in there, I just choose not to show them ;-)

If anyone was curious, I have (4) 1020 trays with each tray holding 18 square pots. And then 8 leftover plants that had no room in the trays. The light is a hydrofarm 4ft 6bulb T5 that is on a timer set to 18 hours on / 6 hours off. They have been given no nutrients yet except GH Rapid Start (1-0.5-1) every other watering and Botanicare CalMag + (2-0-0) just twice so far. I have taken them all outside on days when the temp is above 60F and not raining, but they stay in the shade under the back porch

Any more questions feel free to ask and any suggestions feel free to give them

Thanks for looking
Vincent

Trays one and two
Tray1and221213_zps371425a5.jpg

Trays three and four
Tray3and421213_zps2232f67b.jpg

The ones that have no room in a tray lol
Leftovers21213_zps98b2297f.jpg

Geez...I was just on here a little while ago and nothing, now all hell is breaking loose! Great looking plants Vincent! Keep the pics coming in!

Geez...I was just on here a little while ago and nothing, now all hell is breaking loose! Great looking plants Vincent! Keep the pics coming in!

Haha Shane, hell has been breaking loose here at the Kelley homestead I'm just sharing it with the world now. I am quickly running out of room. And I just got some Jay's Ghost Scorpion seeds and im trying to like do some tetris jazz to fit everything under the lights.

***Note to self: Upgrade to four foot 8 bulb T5 next season, or buy another four ft 6 bulb T5***

Back