• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! Burger Showdown Throwdown

Beef

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He said he was so hungover he could barely cook, he didn't even eat it. For that, it looks good to me. Everyone here knows how that feels, and you can't even look at or smell food or...

So really glad he delivered...

The Hot Pepper said:
He said he was so hungover he could barely cook, he didn't even eat it. For that, it looks good to me. Everyone here knows how that feels, and you can't even look at or smell food or...

I haven't put myself in that position in 20 years, but I remember it like it was yesterday ...

Hybrid Mode 01 said:

I can kind of understand your beef with wheebz, but are you really insulting 40% of the voting body here?  :think:

Yeah, I don't care about winning.

I cared about competing with wheebz, and the wheebz I tangle with on the daily didn't show up there - which is why I offered him the rematch whenever ;)

image.jpeg

Better bring your A+ game for tat rematch then, boy. 'Cuz if all it takes to get 40% of us to like a burger is a "grease soaked tater tot bun", it won't take much effort to show you up in a "real" showdown.  ;)

Hybrid Mode 01 said:
     Better bring your A+ game for tat rematch then, boy. 'Cuz if all it takes to get 40% of us to like a burger is a "grease soaked tater tot bun", it won't take much effort to show you up in a "real" showdown.  ;)

What does that say about you?

grantmichaels said:

What does that say about you?

It says I don't react well to condescension and I deal with it in my own way.
     Also, Wheebz' buns looked nice and light and fluffy in the cut-open pic.

Hybrid Mode 01 said:
     Also, Wheebz' buns looked nice and light and fluffy in the cut-open pic.

he didn't feel committed enough to make buns, well enough to even run out for them, and ultimately that he made a mistake and used parm that didn't even melt ... and you still like it.

that isn't representative of the wheebz that i interact with ...

it's annoying to me that he didn't bother to show up, but it's considerably more annoying that you don't care that he didn't ...

please enlighten the throngs as to what 1/4 tsp of cuttlefish ink contributes to food, that isn't going to be 10x times worse from a half a block of parmesan ...
meanwhile - ding, ding, ding, ding - Dru's sending me 9-10x emails about helping him with his website ...

<ring,ring>

G: "I wish I could kick you in the balls for not showing up, now I'm fighting with all these assholes ..."
W: "Why? In the Throwdown thread?"
G: "Yeah ... because they're rallying behind your POS, and I'm wasting my time fighting with them now."
W: "BWAHAHA"
G: "Yeah, FML ... and fuck the sanctity of competition, I guess, too!"
W: "Let me call you later - I'm way behind on shit."
G: "Yeah, me too, now."
W: "Alright."
G: "Peace."

4158066.jpg

You're annoyed by my vote now?  :rolleyes:

Sometimes it simply comes down to voting for the burger that I'd rather eat. Crazy idea, I know, but hear me out. I think fried onions are a much better condiment for a hamburger than cream soup. The squid ink in your buns made it difficult to determine their texture - they seemed kind of heavy and doughy. Not light and fluffy like I like a burger bun to be. Maybe they weren't, but you made it difficult to determine that from a visual assessment. And as far as the ink in the cheese goes, while I don't think it would've taken away from the flavor at all, I certainly don't think it gave it any visual appeal. Contrary, in fact. 
     I understand putting effort into the creativity factor of an entry in order to make it stand out, but to what extent? And at what expense? Vocalizing one's annoyance that people voted for the entry that they find most appetizing and visually appealing is pretty damn rude. Putting more time and creativity into an entry is simply not a guarantee of popularity. 

edit: And now I'm an asshole who's tarnishing the sanctity of competition by voting for the wrong entry (not yours)? I hope you're kidding with all of this, otherwise you take yourself WAAAAY to seriously.  :rofl:

Hybrid Mode 01 said:
     You're annoyed by my vote now?  :rolleyes:

Sometimes it simply comes down to voting for the burger that I'd rather eat. Crazy idea, I know, but hear me out. I think fried onions are a much better condiment for a hamburger than cream soup. The squid ink in your buns made it difficult to determine their texture - they seemed kind of heavy and doughy. Not light and fluffy like I like a burger bun to be. Maybe they weren't, but you made it difficult to determine that from a visual assessment. And as far as the ink in the cheese goes, while I don't think it would've taken away from the flavor at all, I certainly don't think it gave it any visual appeal. Contrary, in fact. 
     I understand putting effort into the creativity factor of an entry in order to make it stand out, but to what extent? And at what expense? Vocalizing one's annoyance that people voted for the entry that they find most appetizing and visually appealing is pretty damn rude. Putting more time and creativity into an entry is simply not a guarantee of popularity. 

edit: And now I'm an asshole who's tarnishing the sanctity of competition by voting for the wrong entry (not yours)? I hope you're kidding with all of this, otherwise you take yourself WAAAAY to seriously.  :rofl:

I can appreciate the problems you have with my entry, but it was voting on other entries that got to me, not the voting on mine.

I'm just talking about mine, because, well, it's mine and that seemed more appropriate than drawing the inevitable condemnation to someone else's ... that would just be wrong.

Know that there's a lot of discussion about the voting patterns, and there's a lot of people who no longer enter TD's - many of whom I'd like to see return to competing ...

Out of continued respect for the competition and Boss's efforts, I won't list them, but I think it's something that's worth consideration - which is why I put in my .02.

Some people just walk away ... I'm not that person.

You do what you need to do, but I'm going to call it out when I see it going forward. You don't have to change, but I'm going to ...

It's for fun not the Oscars, I could care less who votes, and why, and who participates and doesn't, and who protests, or doesn't enter anymore. It's not that serious! If people are taking the crown this seriously, maybe I should just sell these icons.

Please return to fun mode. Even if you are day drinking (I suspect).

I'm joining in on the day drinking.... now.

This was fun until about a page ago. THIS is the reason some people don't enter (sapping fun out of it). So let's move on.

The Hot Pepper said:
It's for fun not the Oscars, I could care less who votes, and why, and who participates and doesn't, and who protests, or doesn't enter anymore. It is not that serious! If people are taking the crown this seriously, maybe I should just sell these icons.

Please return to fun mode. Even if you are day drinking (I suspect).

I'm joining in on the day drinking.... now.

I'm not drinking ... that would be a complete waste of beer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back