• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! Chili and Cornbread Throwdown

Chili and Cornbread

• Essegi - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/53006-begin-chili-and-cornbread-throwdown/?p=11139

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • keybrdkid - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/53006-begin-chili-and-cornbread-throwdown/?p=11

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
JayT said:
Don't do it.  You are a Boosh Light guy.  

THP is a faux positive guy all the sudden.  His therapist told him it would be good for him.

And I just re-upped my Likes.

brian_williams.jpg

What the hell does that have to do with deer meat?  

Ugh.  I gotta go lay down.  Goodnight.

What the hell does that have to do with deer meat?  

Ugh.  I gotta go lay down.  Goodnight.

with D, hunting/nra/handguns/domestic violence are conflated ...

military brat, too.

I've been eating on my pot of chili once or twice a day since Sat(with no ill effects) and it seems to be getting a little hotter with time.
It burn is slow to too, so the bowl you start eating is not the bowl you finish.

It's also been pretty good on WW linguine instead of cornbread.

My maternal grandparents had a treat/snack they called Milk n Bread.
It was a wedge of cornbread crumbled in big chunks into a glass of fresh cold buttermilk eaten with a spoon after supper.
I never got the hang of it. As a kid, I was corrupted by TV food early. I could eat it in sweet milk(reg whole milk) but have never gotten the hang of buttermilk.
Maybe I'll try some in yogurt. 

hot stuff said:
Whether or not I win doesn't matter to me. Someone told me I ought to enter my chili at this year's CADV chili cookoff. And my congregation devoured it at Sunday's potluck so I'm feeling really good about it at this time. Pbbbbst! :)

Yeah, flavor doesn't count for much here, unfortunately. But hey... it's a fun process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back