• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! Dim Sum Throwdown

Dim Sum

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Hot Pepper said:
No geemeing!

Well, at least you got it partially right, as this is NOT geeme-ing:
gladCling.jpg

On the other hand, THIS is:
gladPress.jpg

Huge diff. One is perfect for beer and anything else, the others belong in the trash with your MH9. Just ask SL!  :D

Oh nevermind, it's the TD that ends at 10pm *SERVER TIME* ... not the poll.

Kind of hard to go to bed w/ a fire going, and someone congratulated SF and said it was in the bag ...

I don't get sloppy ...

geeme said:

Well, at least you got it partially right, as this is NOT geeme-ing:
gladCling.jpg

On the other hand, THIS is:
gladPress.jpg

Huge diff. One is perfect for beer and anything else, the others belong in the trash with your MH9. Just ask SL!  :D
Oh Yea! HUGE difference!  Definitely Press-n-Seal.  Or the gasketed big cup with a straw... :)

I geeme wine all the time!

The Hot Pepper said:
Anyone seen Marcie? :lol:

Maybe in another two years.
WOW!  It was a 50-50 call but Marcie marcied....again....

I was looking forward to seeing what she had going on~   :(

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Guessing she is still pickling and fermenting for the Dim Sum throwdown.... 
I dunno about fermenting, but I'm working on the pickling aspect as we speak!   ;)   :lol:

Thanks for the votes!  I gave it the best college try.  As I said in the post, I've never beenthere/donethat.  It was all new to me and in the end, the family ate it, so for me...that's a check in the WIN box.  

SmokenFire- you did an awesome cook.  I looked at those egg flan tarts also.  Perfect presentation.  Looks like you are getting some BLING!!!!!   

:dance:   :woohoo:

Less than an hour!

VOTE!

My vote is to Ozzy!!!!

It was down to he and SF. Loved both, but Ozzy made his own marinade and Asian BBQ sauce and SF had a bottled sauce from another person (oops) and a doctored soy. :)
You know I'm a sucker for sauces!
And Ozzy made 2 out of 3 doughs, nice steamed buns, perfect pot stickers. And SF used packaged for the savory, but nailed the dessert! The puff pastry looked good but it being packaged I didn't score it as high and looked mostly at the filling. I just like the doughs and sauces Ozzy made, and the pics of the fillings... those were spot on! But SF was a close second, and had great pics.

Really nice flavor development by Ozzy imo! You have to read the ingreds.

Nice bev too!

Everyone did great. Get a vote in if you haven't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back