• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE BURGER - Burger Throwdown..Post it here!

Who has the winning burger?

• THP's Sausage and Peppers Chilihead Style Burger

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • ImpyChick's Brekkie Burger

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AlabamaJack's Supper Burger

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • JayT's Bacon Mushroom Burger

• chilehunter's Dagwood Burger

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • QuadShots' Brekky Burger of %$#@#'n DooM

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • texas blues' Notorious Salmon Sliders

• FiveStar's Organic Sirloin Burger

• texas blues's Notorious Awesome BaconFatBurger of Ultimate Win

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Blister's Inside-Out Burger

• Captian Murphy's The Monsta Mac

• patrick's Slaughter House Burger

• Blister's Inside Out Buffalo-Beef Burgers w/Bacon Wrapped

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • THP's THE BEAST

• SumOfMyBits Hab Dough Burger

• texas blues' Drunken Deep Fried Bacon Hell Burger

• Ashen's Smoked Turkey Club Burger

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
hay Impy, if i cna be compared to your ingenuity, that's a good thang. :D

Go Us! ;)

My next idea haz never been done b4....legally...;)

LUSTY-UBER-BURGER-DAWGZ! ......wait an see it's p0wnage...I'll combine two of the greats, into one mazzive meat-hunk of death.

Oh yeah, and it's gonan be asian style....

I'm going full-on experimental here... my:

Sausage and Pepper Burger

It is ground pork and ground sirloin with fresh diced red habaneros and fresh sage leaves.... the kicker is, I like pork well done and beef medium rare, so the beef is in the middle, and the pork is on the outside! It's a beautiful patty filled with red habs and green sage! Smoked Gouda and semolina rolls to boot! Pix soon!

Five, the booze shot with the stacked burger pic is divine. The side bite shot is money!! I genuflect one time for you sir!

Impy, do your 'thang girl! You and Quad just might turn the brekkie world upside down!

AJ, what can I say? Don Julio. Only the best!

Just cracked my first hosky and I'll be prepping the next "notorious" homage to meatdom. Get down brown ya'll.

Cheers, TB.

Well I hate to say this, but I am going to be a late entry. The burgers were cooked, photographed, and eaten, but now as I am trying to upload pics the damn battery in my camera has died AGAIN! Therefore, I am going to have to get some new ones and post my pics tomorrow. Ugh DAMMIT!!! Guess there is nothing left to do now but drink and take in all of your delicious pics.

thehotpepper.com said:
I'm going full-on experimental here... my:

Sausage and Pepper Burger

It is ground pork and ground sirloin with fresh diced red habaneros and fresh sage leaves.... the kicker is, I like pork well done and beef medium rare, so the beef is in the middle, and the pork is on the outside! It's a beautiful patty filled with red habs and green sage! Smoked Gouda and semolina rolls to boot! Pix soon!

I knew it! I smelled it the other day after I mentioned "sausage and peppah's". Bring it New York!!

Cheers, TB.

burgers ready for grill...forgot to say...if you can't read the ingredients...they are 1 pound ground pork...about 1 pound 96-4 ground sirloin...10 ounces cherrizo...half a bag mozzarella cheeze....spices also added...will grill with fresh spicy saber leaf basil...

oh yea and I might add, some youngs double chocolate stout with a nice jigger of Don Julio...dang that stuff is smooth...

06-19-09b001.jpg

I am cooking so fast I haven't had a chance to do more than just scan the other pics...they look fabulous....simply fabulous...

JayT said:
Well I hate to say this, but I am going to be a late entry. The burgers were cooked, photographed, and eaten, but now as I am trying to upload pics the damn battery in my camera has died AGAIN! Therefore, I am going to have to get some new ones and post my pics tomorrow. Ugh DAMMIT!!! Guess there is nothing left to do now but drink and take in all of your delicious pics.

FAIL!!

You know the rules...now post pics of dead battery!!

Cheers, TB.

Impy bringin brekky burger part deux! Sweeeeeet... Can't wait to see what the goddess of Goodmornin has to bring to the party!

THP, I await the stratified sausage explosion money shot. This must be seen to be believed...

Can't wait to check in on the TB ultimate mofo burger, and I'm equally interested to see what is in the deli bags at AJ's house. Is it cheese? Is it a collection of cold cuts to be incorporated? ONLY TIME WILL TELL!!!

texas blues said:
FAIL!!

You know the rules...now post pics of dead battery!!

Cheers, TB.

BWAAhAHAHAHAH!!!! TB WIN

JayT FAIL!

Get a damn Designated driver, or walk to the nearest gas statio and get some Batteries man! Pics submitted the day after get you on the failblog son!

Ack, quaady painful fail...while attmepting a marinade..may have gotten p0wn3d by Lust sauce...Jeebus H Chistmas that stuf is ungodly HOTTTT...

I was rolling around an ingredient in the sauce....then as an idjit chilehead is wont to do, i licked off all my fingers that were coverd in the sauce....a good tablespoon worth...

HOLY HAIRBALLS CATWOMAN....(!!!!)

I think, might be the hottest ^%%$# stuff I've had yet....must be the 7pots...

Alright, y'all, here's my brekkie burger.

2qi5xdf.jpg

Started out w/ some lean ground beef, bacon, an egg, a croissant for the bun, & some Mezzetta pickled habs. Yeah yeah...I know...but the next time I have a fresh pod it will be from my OWN plants, dang it!

No preparation pics since it all kinda happened fast, but here's the end result.

Open faced:

2iu9w0z.jpg

And sliced:

2lduhhg.jpg

Heh the right side looks flat 'cause that's the side I held to cut it.

It was right tasty!!! Oh...and a special thank you to my chef's helper, Miller Lite. He was shy & didn't want to be photographed.

Everything looks great so far!! I can't wait to see everyone else's entries!

Edit: As always, so sorry for the crappy cell phone pics.

Ahk...side tracked and ambushed. Gimme another hour to post piccy of prep. I had to change game plan due to an epiphany. Gotta' go grill one for mrs. blues. I'm not even going to post that one. BORING!

Back in an hour, TB.

OK...on the grill...

with a slice of red onion cooking in...

061909c001.jpg

Linda didn't want the basil on hers...I did

061909c002.jpg

and both with Jalapeno Jack...again Linda didn't want bacon...I did

061909c003.jpg

Super Sexy Crousanwich ther Impy! I love the combo of a hot flaky piece of frenchy bread and an eggie. Burger looks nice and pink in the center too. I'll take a gross (the kind that = 12 dozen) for tomorrow morning please. I might need them to fight off the big-head I'm building up to mixing all these margaritas with this beer!

You beez teh QUEEN of Goodmornin brekky foodstuffs!

I think I am just gonna' call this "supper"....

back in a bit with a taste report....

OK...I put mozzarella in the pork/beef/choriza mix and the toppers are halved jalapeno peppers wrapped in 97% FF Ham...

: now where did I put that kitchen sink :
:runs off lookin':

061909d002.jpg

Poppers on top of a burger?

ResoundingWIN AJ! Well one sir, Well done!

Is that Mater fresh from the cement farm AJ? If so, I'm extremely jealous...

Ok with a little ingenuity I have managed to get the pics from the dead camera to the computer so here they are. No prep pics, just before and after. These are ground sirloin and pork mixed with steak seasoning and 7-pepper powder (fatalii, naga, choc hab, thai, chipotle, ancho and de arbol). The toppings are sauteed shitake mushrooms, tomato, green leaf lettuce, bacon, habanero sweet pickles, orange habanero, and munster or Cooper sharp American cheese (depending on the burger). I also made a few simple bacon wrapped colby-jack poppers and some fresh cut fries. Oh and I like mayo and bbq sauce on mine.

1266.jpg

1267.jpg

1268.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back