• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! Holy Smoke December Throwdown

Best Smoke? Who has the best unique BBQ using traditional BBQ method?

• chilliman - Jamaican Jerk Chicken

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • THP - Middle Eastern Not Southern Smoked Pork Loin W/ Pomegranate Paprika Pulp BBQ Sauce On Zaatar

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Deathtosnails - Greek Stuffed Leg Of Lamb

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • POTAWIE - POTAWIE's Cured And Smoked Picnic Ham With Jalapeno-Maple Glaze

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • JayT - JayT's BBQ Wet-n-Wild Boar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • JayT - Jay T's BBQ 6-Point Buck Roast

Votes: 5 17.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
DownRiver said:
Well, it was a very difficult decision; I'd pull up a chair to every one of them! But, I can only vote once, and now it's done.

Here's a hint.:)

DeerhunterXmasLights.jpg

:lol: I love the pic!
is that your setup ? has any uptight people say anything about that ? only asking cuz on the news about week ago some guy had 2 lighted deer humping & the city & neighbors were upset about it :rolleyes: later someone stole his lighted deer.

Last chance to vote. 1 hour.

WOOHOO. Thanks for all the compliments and votes. The ham turned out good for my first try but next time more spice.
Everyone's dishes looked great but the one that really got me drooling was THP's Southern Smoked Pork Loin, man that looks awesome!

thehotpepper.com said:
Grats POT!

:woohoo:

CONGRATS POTAWIE - great job!

chilehunter said:
:lol: I love the pic!
is that your setup ? has any uptight people say anything about that ? only asking cuz on the news about week ago some guy had 2 lighted deer humping & the city & neighbors were upset about it :rolleyes: later someone stole his lighted deer.

Nope, I can't take credit for it. A buddy of mine sent the pic to me. I do like the idea tho. Thinkin' about doing something like it in the tree in the front yard.:)

Well, I think I was the one who started the trend to vote for Potawie. :P

Now if we can figure out how to pass that ham around for a sample, I would be in heaven. :lol:

Pepperfreak said:
Well, I think I was the one who started the trend to vote for Potawie. :P
Oh, I see what's going on here......

I took that Middle Eastern loin, chopped it up and made a pork loin salad with mayo, jalapenos, pickles, onions, and red wine vinegar. It didn't need any seasoning with the thick coating of rub on the loin. Made a great salad 10x better than chicken salad. For some reason I thought sliced green grapes would have been nice in it but I didn't buy any, just made it from stuff 'round the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back