• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Vote! Mexican TD

Who has the best entry?

• mesatrin - [url="http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/24376-begin-mexican-td/page__view__findpost_

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • wheebz - [url="http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/24376-begin-mexican-td/page__view__findpost__p

• zdecker - [url="http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/24376-begin-mexican-td/page__view__findpost__

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Three way tie so far! More votes!

I voted for Vulture, so now he has the lead. :D Chile rellenos are my favorite food, and his look perfect. Those fried beans need some lard though. :D

Chile rellenos are my favorite food, and his look perfect.

TY MINE TOO! By far my favorite and they have to be perfect or I toss them... here's why.....
I've had rellenos from coast to coast and border to border and even some as far into Mexico as Tres Hermanas...
and I found only one place that comes close to mine... A little Mexican restaurant at the corner of Beach and Addams in Huntington Beach CA.
Most ones I get are soggy and then covered with some sort of sauce to hide the sogginess.
I like mine crisp. Therefore the very plain presentation

Those fried beans need some lard though.

Agreed and I tried But Mrs V wouldn't have any more lard in the meal due to my age and weight...(smart of her,,, detrimental to my TD)...

Thx for the vote Avon...

This is very tough for me... I have it down to three..(actually only two)

1..... Me alot of effort and really good flavor but..... presentation was weak... plus I would never vote for myself even if I was hands down the best entry...Which I'm definitely NOT in this contest.

2......Coach again..... a lot of effort...... good presentation....... and personally I just really like what he made...

3......Avon again..... a lot of effort...dealing with frustration (the camera) while creating what I can tell is a dish very close to his heart... uniqueness.... I really want to try that....

So who ever I vote for..... let be known that it was very close between the two of you and my decision was based on effort and heart...

The rellenos got me too. One of my faves if not my fave. I'd add any of those sauces you made to them; salsa, mole, and even the green chile. Yeah I was picturing those flavors when voting. And you needed a good shot of the steak in the fajitas, but I saw that steak in the teaser and it looked awesome.

"Course 4 Dessert Mexican fried Ice Cream con Bhut Jolokia"

Too bad no pic in the final!

"Course 4 Dessert Mexican fried Ice Cream con Bhut Jolokia"

Too bad no pic in the final!

If you look in the fancy dessert bowl that is postioned between the two chillie bowls (The one with beans and the one without beans) you will see the Mexican fried Ice cream served.
Its in the first pic of the final...

And it is showed devoured in the final pic of the teasers...
V

Ah yes, thanks. I bet it was delish.

Ah yes, thanks. I bet it was delish.

Unfortunately I have no clue…. By the time I got the kitchen organized…. Set down the camera…. Told Mrs V….. TY for all her help and support….and got back to the table my three teenage boys had devoured everything….

I got a spoon of beans (with no lard)… a good portion of the Chile Verde…. One Chile Relleno ..(Good thing I made 4 and Mrs V dosen't like them…….) and chips and salsa…..The rest was gone in a flash…

But that's Ok…That's why I do it…for family….because I've had and ate my cooking for over 43 years and enjoyed every bite…now it's time for me to pass the torch on how to do it to my boys and let them enjoy what I have….. for so long….

V

Ok I voted for Avon…

Not because he voted for me..but.....

because he did an awesome job under high pressure….making his favorite…..dealing with the camera.....and trying to show the effort he put forth with something I know he has done perfect at least 4 times before…..

Imagine if you will ..A man who knows what he's doing and able to present it to his close friends and family in perfection……

Then the camera doesn't do what its supposed to for the the web presentation, and oh damn I gota filp this and stir this…and…how am I gona get this camera to work…..

Avon…get yourself a camera that works good and learn how to use it… then enter another….you're a winner my man…make it happen..

But I am looking beyond all that frustration and seeing the heart and the determination behind this (and besides I realy want to learn how to make that and eat it..)...

So here's to you Avon...

V

All very good entries and would be happy to eat any one of them. I am having a hard time because I didn't want to vote for the over-kill teaser pics but good job Vulture the effort is 5 star chef and chile rellanos are my all time favorite mexican food forever. For all your work the final plating looked rather bland to me but I also asked my 11 year old which one would vote for she picked yours because it looked organized and yummy. Some tough competition and a force to be reconed with in the future! :hell:

Some tough competition and a force to be reconed with in the future! :hell:

Ty PRF...
Yes I know presentation was weak.. Am aready working on it...
In my mind.... (waves hand in front of his face)...Dooooh sry..from my sixties years.......Slaps Hand..No more of that now..You're among respectable people now…

But seriously … I have been a simple man all my life….Simple…… Good…. Satisfying….

I will get better at making you all drool.. I promise…

V

I voted for SD. His plating was very nicely done and the food looked incredible! Vulture, holy crap you almost had me except for the information overload. Either way, it was very close, good luck all!

:woohoo:

Now I know this doesn’t belong here but….. But…..I need to share…

I just got a call from my freshman son at Albion College…. a D3 nationally ranked football school…

He was already a PAT/FG Snapper (starter)… and just got put to first string Right side OG…..

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’m so stoked… my boy starting OL as a freshman at a D3 Nat/Champ.Contender OL…. As a freshman…..

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

Ok Sorry…I’ll compose myself now… but he was one of the teenage boys who confiscated my presentation at this TD for college fare…..... don’t care….. Damn the torpedoes….full steam ahead…..lol

Ok sry….sry…

I’m done now…. Maybe…at least done boring you people with it…..( MY really good friends)

I Just needed to share…

V

I voted for SD. His plating was very nicely done and the food looked incredible! Vulture, holy crap you almost had me except for the information overload. Either way, it was very close, good luck all!

:woohoo:

Damn Seth your explanation for your decision 35 hours after you made it...

Whats the deal with that??

"Just Asking"

Information overload was to introduce myself....... It will never happen again...... but why the delay between vote and explanation?

Originally, scoville had my vote. Hands down. But one taste of sums enchilada changed my mind. And my life.

Still time left people! Anything can happen it's close!

Whoa 2 way tieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Keep voting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn Seth your explanation for your decision 35 hours after you made it...

Whats the deal with that??

"Just Asking"

Information overload was to introduce myself....... It will never happen again...... but why the delay between vote and explanation?

My 2 year old who happens to be a viking ninja dinosaur princess RAWR... He is very time consuming...

And I read of all your introduction stuff. Glad to have you here! Geezer. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back