• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Vote! Mexican TD

Who has the best entry?

• mesatrin - [url="http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/24376-begin-mexican-td/page__view__findpost_

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • wheebz - [url="http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/24376-begin-mexican-td/page__view__findpost__p

• zdecker - [url="http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/24376-begin-mexican-td/page__view__findpost__

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I voted for Avon…

Not because he voted for me..but.....

because he did an awesome job under high pressure….making his favorite…..dealing with the camera.....and trying to show the effort he put forth with something I know he has done perfect at least 4 times before…..

Imagine if you will ..A man who knows what he's doing and able to present it to his close friends and family in perfection……

Then the camera doesn't do what its supposed to for the the web presentation, and oh damn I gota filp this and stir this…and…how am I gona get this camera to work…..

Avon…get yourself a camera that works good and learn how to use it… then enter another….you're a winner my man…make it happen..

But I am looking beyond all that frustration and seeing the heart and the determination behind this (and besides I realy want to learn how to make that and eat it..)...

So here's to you Avon...

V

Thank you, my man, but I definitely have never done it perfectly. :D While it was pretty damn good it still isn't quite as good as what the Mexican woman who taught me how to make it makes. I either cooked it just a little too long and/or at a little too high heat (it was hard to keep the grill below 400 even on the lowest setting, I was trying to jury-rig it keeping the lid slightly open). The end product wasn't quite as juicy as I would like or as when I had tried it earlier (when I probably should have stopped as it was almost perfect then).

The pickled radish/onion/habanero mix was a little strong and acidic for me as well, it was my first time making that for a topping. Pickled red onions is traditional but I like it more with just regular red onions and some chile de arbol salsa.

I'm looking at cameras though, hopefully I'll be able to get something in the next throwdown, this one was a lot of fun. Congratulations on your son by the way, that is great. :cool:

BTW, if any of you ever watch the movie "Once Upon A Time in Mexico", there's a 10 minute extra on the DVD that shows the director Robert Rodriguez making cochinita/puerco pibil, along with a recipe. :D

My 2 year old who happens to be a viking ninja dinosaur princess RAWR... He is very time consuming...

And I read of all your introduction stuff. Glad to have you here! Geezer. :)

KK Sorry Seth ..
I know how that can be....raising 3 of my own...I feel ashamed now for asking....
Damn Kids...can really get to you ..I know mine got to me....
Give them this....say no to that...exlain why...give in when you souldn't.....don't give in when you should......
Damn hard place to be.....my appoligize....to you and to all.....
I will be silent now....
V

KK Sorry Seth ..
I know how that can be....raising 3 of my own...I feel ashamed now for asking....
Damn Kids...can really get to you ..I know mine got to me....
Give them this....say no to that...exlain why...give in when you souldn't.....don't give in when you should......
Damn hard place to be.....my appoligize....to you and to all.....
I will be silent now....
V

Congrats to your son. I'm sure that makes you very proud. I know I would be.

:clap:

3? I've already got the video reel lined up for when he asks why he doesn't have any siblings...

Thank you, my man, but I definitely have never done it perfectly. :D
Who does anythig perfect...All you can do is please your loved ones....

:D While it was pretty damn good it still isn't quite as good as what the Mexican woman who taught me how to make it makes.
Damn..Wish I had a mexican woman to teach me how to cook Mexican..(Really)

And thx for the congrats on my son..will keep you all posted..if you are intrested......
V

Thank you, my man, but I definitely have never done it perfectly. :D While it was pretty damn good it still isn't quite as good as what the Mexican woman who taught me how to make it makes. I either cooked it just a little too long and/or at a little too high heat (it was hard to keep the grill below 400 even on the lowest setting, I was trying to jury-rig it keeping the lid slightly open). The end product wasn't quite as juicy as I would like or as when I had tried it earlier (when I probably should have stopped as it was almost perfect then).

I'm looking at cameras though, hopefully I'll be able to get something in the next throwdown, this one was a lot of fun. Congratulations on your son by the way, that is great. :cool:

BTW, if any of you ever watch the movie "Once Upon A Time in Mexico", there's a 10 minute extra on the DVD that shows the director Robert Rodriguez making cochinita/puerco pibil, along with a recipe. :D
See What I mean...HEART...He's here to stay....
If you need help with a camera on a budget PM me...I just bought one for $80 just for this TD......

Vultture you keep cutting off the end quote tags.

Sum pulls ahead of the pack!

The spreads were awesome, but in the end, I had to vote for one of the dishes I FIRST go for every time I go home to Texas - cheese enchiladas! V and SD - your dishes were awesome, and fit the NO BP "rule", and my hat's off to the two of you!

Sum wins with his Pancho Villa's Cheese Enchilada Burrito y mas
(hehe those we burritos, no corn tortillas ;) kick-ass tho!)

Continued:
http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/10792-throwdown-throne/page__view__findpost__p__498557

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back