• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! Noodle Throwdown

Who made the best noodles AND dish?

• dragonsfire - [url=http://thehotpepper.com/topic/59412-begin-noodle-throwdown/page-5#entry1283287]My

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • keybrdkid - [url=http://thehotpepper.com/topic/59412-begin-noodle-throwdown/page-5#entry1283352]Past

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ozzy2001 said:
OldSalty got my vote. There were some amazing plates in here. I would have loved to sit down and graze like a true fat kid. I could go on and on about each entry, but I'll keep the spotlight on OS's plate. 2 things I couldn't pass up. Smoked meat, and those theriac noodles. Well done!
Wow thanks Ozzy you are to kind my friend.
My vote went to Essegi loved his pasta!! But appreciate your support brother!!

My wife has been making handmade pasta and ravioli for years, and since she taught me how to (help) about ten years ago, we've made some pretty awesome Italian food.
     I really wanted to get in on this one, but we were out of town last weekend and couldn't compete. By the looks of it, I would've been proud to get a couple of votes if any. You guys killed it! 
     salsalady and 1010 get very honorable mentions from me, but I'm a sucker for gnocchi and hot stuff's looked dead on. I've always done gnocchi with bolognese (well done, CH!), so seeing it with a crawfish cream sauce really got my attention. I would eat a bathtub of that! And the bread with oil and pepper is a perfect side. A nice big mixed green salad with oil and vinegar and a glass of dry white wine would finish off a wold class dinner.

The Hot Pepper said:
The cheeseburger fried ravioli with dried pickle sour cream dip is very creative and damn tasty looking!

Agreed.  If based on creative inspiration only, it wins hands down everytime.  I ended up picking the dish I most wanted to eat.  Very difficult choosing this TD.

Thanks wheebz :) I agree everyone here has rocked it I love watching these and has been fun competing. But what I've learned !! Love me some new recipes for the box. Hahaha

I'm with ya Boss in my beer drinking days i would have pounded a dozen of those bad boys and about as many beer then go home trip over Heather's slippers fall out window hit trampoline fly thru neighbors fence and be attacked by there dog. Just another day for the FALL GUY!!

I have a disadvantage that I know SL's pasta skills.

I love all of the dishes but most are not appealing to me because of the pasta, what is ON the pasta is killing me!

Trying.

To.

Vote.

On.

The.

Pasta.

:doh:

Stephs-Snickers-Cake-Snickers-bar.jpg

This is a tough challenge. Thanks for the votes and the kind comments.

What I didn't get a picture of was the pasta on the last pass through the cutting rollers. They were thin enough that I could see my fingers through the noodles. First time I'd worked them that thin and that was the ticket.

I've narrowed it down to 2 choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back