Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Logo 3

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Logo 4

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters
another contender

ws0ewg.png

I like #3 the best but I voted for #4 because I think A LOT of other craft brewers use a hop cone in their label...oops I should have caught up on the thread.

That new one looks nice...I prefer some color though. Just my stupid opinion. 

I vote yes to the logo. The hops beard and stash is brilliant, done before, but done well here, and the cap is something I mentioned earlier, definitely fits the name. The center line in the hat is bugging me.

I vote no (sort of) to the fonts. It takes my 1 second to identify these free fonts, they are Dirty Headline and Mom's Typewriter free fonts. Free fonts from sites like dafont are all over the net. You deserve a more tailored look. If you like these fonts all the designer has to do is manipulate them a bit in in Illustrator, for example, change where the dirt spec marks are in Dirty Headline or change the shape of the letters a bit, just so, to the eye, they are not so recognizable as "fonts" and look hand drawn or made for you. Also make sure the license is cleared with any font. I checked and Mom's Typewriter looks like they allow any use, but DH, you have to contact the author to pay for a commercial license. Their info is always in the txt file you get with the font.

Looks really good!

wheebz said:
ohh there is definitely going to be color, this friend of mine just threw it together in like 15 minutes, he is going to do a bunch of variations for the next round

Okay that explains the font use. Looks really good.

tctenten said:
Agree with Grant.  Like the white on black better.

You always want to see proofs on white and black because you will need both. Black T-shirt, TV credits rolling, they will ask for white logo. So you must have a legible one. And a black one, white T-shirt, print media, etc.

Your logo must also be legible as a bug, which means really small, think of that little square profile pic in FB comments. Very important for the net. And yes, this would be legible as a bug. Even w/o the text, it is identifiable, so when you make it big in the industry... you have identity at a glance... I like it.

Oh yes for sure. Identity is key and this nails it. I'd honestly go with it and for varieties just work on fonts and font placement. No need to see any variations of the dude, he's just... the dude! Go with it.

Here's the best way I can think of to future-proof everything ...

SVG.

Before you get too far along w/ the patterns behind it, get the vector graphics of the dude's face, 'stache, and beard ...

You can try:

https://convertio.co/jpg-svg/
http://image.online-convert.com/convert-to-svg
http://picsvg.com/
http://vectormagic.com/home

Once you have it as an SVG, you can literally wrap boxtrucks and giant 4-story fermenters with it, or like Boss said, reduce it down to a Gravatar or thumbnail size ...

I can probably do it even if those can't, as it's something I have to do when I etch text in stone, but the texture effect would make it a PITA the way I do it ...

Or, I guess I could probably do it using Creative Cloud, too, actually ... although I've never tried ...

Definitely need vectors. Figured, they might be already or designer knows this.

wheebz said:
I will throw you the final render of it and you can work your magic for me once its done

i might get that bad boy tattoo'd on my ass

i'll put a hidden message in it, in that case ... "grant wasn't here" ...
The Hot Pepper said:
Definitely need vectors. Figured, they might be already or designer knows this.

i thought that might possibly not be the case because he said:

wheebz said:
yea I can honestly say I like that better than all the other ones our actual paid graphic artist did

Nah this is a friend of mine that is doing our Web design. He does graphic design as well but my dad wanted to hire a friend of his to do the logo design and he was the one that came up with the first 4

Back