• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! Pizza Throwdown

Best Neapolitan

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
tc1010 is a clean sweep for me. I felt this TD was about crust and technique, and less about toppings. (bravo! THP) Some say the crust makes the pizza, and some say the sauce makes the pizza. Well, I say it's both but it starts with the crust. tc1010 has proven that he knows some shit and definitely knows his way around the pizza kitchen. Way to go sir!

This was a well planned and laid out TD. It really had it all. Kudos to THP for covering ALL the bases.

Good job everyone, y'all rocked it!

It's worth mentioning that Neapolitan pizza is often thin enough to be 'quad-folded' ...

The crust should be spotted and not geographically browned, and should still be pliable ...

The most central portion can be soupy, and most would either sit to eat with a knife and fork, or quad-fold and eat while walking down the street in Naples ...

In that regard, SoS's is probably the next closest pizza in the Neapolitan category.

oldsalty said:
This was an amazing TD Really tough one as well anytime pizza is on the table it's a sure bet brother 1010 is getting a win he and pic1 are the pizza kings. This was a really fun one to watch.  Great job to all. !!!
Thanks OS...but not even close.

Grass Snake said:
I'm ready for another pizza TD.
Seems to have a yearly spot on Boss's list.

JayT said:
I'm sad I am not a pizza king.  Maybe one day...
pizza_cry.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back