• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! Second Annual Memorial Day User-land BBQ Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
JoynersHotPeppers said:
Son of a bitch, they made it illegal to sell fresh rabbits! Just got back from shopping at the Dutch Market for some not so normal goodies :)

They had 10 UDS out front cooking swine for a fund raising BBQ 
They are legal here.  I see them in all the farmer's markets and some butcher shops too.

grantmichaels said:
Just called the butcher and ordered an ~6 lb brisket - all this talk of BBQ's got me feeling like doing a brisket cook over the weekend ;)

I think I'll do it some newfangled way, or revert to how I did the 1st one ever, and hit it hard with the apple chips up front ...

Danielle hated that bacon-like brisket, but man was it good ...
They had brisket as well, full, flat or points. The price point was way too much however. 
JayT said:
They are legal here.  I see them in all the farmer's markets and some butcher shops too.
Yes they are from PA, Lancaster to be exact and they said it was a recent change/law. They are only allowed to sell them frozen and they do not since everything they do is fresh and those frozen ones are from China. 

They still had the rabbit signs up that is how recent i changed. 

Price is high here right now, too, but I didn't really care ... when I want to cook brisket - or, have the time & space - I cook brisket and deal with it =)
It works out a little bit easier when you are the only person who eats it ... it's always all for me, when it comes to Q ...

20160526_153912.jpg

Oh Dayuuum :fireball:

Gonna put a hurting on there inventory.

WIsh I could participate but my weber aint gonna cut it. Bought some new grates and they don't fit properly and now the fire is too close to the cooking surface so I ill be watching from the sideline. This contest shows the generosity of the THP community. Good luck to everyone.

Grass Snake said:
WIsh I could participate but my weber aint gonna cut it. Bought some new grates and they don't fit properly and now the fire is too close to the cooking surface so I ill be watching from the sideline. This contest shows the generosity of the THP community. Good luck to everyone.

Thanks! ...

You can enter anything, though, in case you still want to. Outside, inside, on a fire, in water, with chemicals, with citrus, on your car's engine ...

Enjoy the definite lack of rules and appeal to your peers for support ...

Grass Snake said:
Which weber and which grates? 

Grass Snake said:
and now the fire is too close to the cooking surface 

Sounds like the perfect setup for some badass steaks! You live in Texas, grab a hatchet and pick up some mesquite. If you really feel like garnering the style point vote, use the same technique to acquire the steaks. Take pics. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back