• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! - Steak - January 2010 Throwdown

Vote for STEAK based on RECIPE and PRESENTATION (disregard internal temp.)

• Novacastrian - Holy 23, The Jordan Would Have Had No Problems

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • ImpyChick - She Got The Bleus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • chilehunter - chilehunter's CI Branded Ribeye

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • JayT - JayT's Holiday Steak

• Noshownate - Spicy Sirloin Fillet w/Tarragon Mustard Sauce

• paulky_2000 - Circle-H-Bistro Filet

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Deathtosnails - OMG..It's TWINS with Red Wine Jus, Creamy Mashed 'Taters and Fresh Baked Bread

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • texas blues - TB's Grilled Dry Aged Ribeye w/Bearnaise, Sweet Potato Skins, Swiss Chard

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • frydad4 - Frydad's Coal Steak Habanero Thermidor

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Pepperfreak - Garlic Steak Extravagansa

Votes: 3 7.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
my_key said:
There is quite an impressive rack of hotsauses on the right in that picture...

Paulky are you going to include ALL of those in the recipe? :shocked:

At the risk of re-jamming the thread (sorry boss!!!).....I'm going to go traditional with some pepper zing....not a stupid-hot, can't enjoy it for all the heat-hot, why the hell did I ruin a 60 dollar meal-hot.

I think everyone will be satisfied...;)

Well these all look damn good to me?? maybe some stilton and asparagus cream and chive stuffed shrooms with some garlic bread with bacon and melted stilton:mouthonfire:?? mmmm i am thinkin where is the demi glace and the brandy?? haha i have a cunning plan!! flamebe maybe?? loverly am lookin foward to this!!

tristam said:
Well these all look damn good to me?? maybe some stilton and asparagus cream and chive stuffed shrooms with some garlic bread with bacon and melted stilton:mouthonfire:?? mmmm i am thinkin where is the demi glace and the brandy?? haha i have a cunning plan!! flamebe maybe?? loverly am lookin foward to this!!

SHHHHH!!!!!!!! :lol:

These won't win me any points for fru fru...hell I don't even expect to get a single vote, I just wanted to make steak!

28wf8ft.jpg

33nw28i.jpg

I know some of y'all will say it's blasphemous to use Dave's Insanity on steak, but it really does make a great baste. It doesn't compromise the flavor of the meat, & it adds a nice burn.

Seared to perfection Impy. Niceeee! Cast iron?

thehotpepper.com said:
Seared to perfection Impy. Niceeee! Cast iron?

Nope, just a regular non-stick skillet. I wish I had a cast iron, though. One of these days... But, thanks for the compliment :). They were scrumptious.

And paulky, gotta love bleu cheese :)

ImpyChick said:
These won't win me any points for fru fru...hell I don't even expect to get a single vote, I just wanted to make steak!

28wf8ft.jpg

33nw28i.jpg

I know some of y'all will say it's blasphemous to use Dave's Insanity on steak, but it really does make a great baste. It doesn't compromise the flavor of the meat, & it adds a nice burn.
If ya ignore the evil toppings... that looks amazing! +1

Omri said:
If ya ignore the evil toppings... that looks amazing! +1

Heh thanks :). Evil toppings, lol. I just realized I forgot one important thing...BEER! Gosh, I've been away for so long I've lost sight of what's really important ;-).

Yay Impy is with us on this one! I have started cooking, but still am not sure where I am going with this... I am just going to cook a bunch of stuff and hope I can figure it out before it's done. I'll give you one teaser:

100_5308.jpg

Yaaaaaay Impy! Girl you been gone a spell but you still know what is hot, blue, and righteous! Steak is cooked perfectly! I reckon I now have to dispense all together with the blue cheese butter and come up with something else.

: tosses Impy a bottle of Vueve Clicqout :

What is that, London Broil?

nova the meal looks great!!! & little too hot with the 4 bhuts :shocked:

chilehunter's CI branded ribeye

ok I wanted to grill the ribeye steak but we've been dealing with sub-zero (F) temps all day & its kinda a bitch to get the meat to cook in those temps. thankfully THP allowed it any cooking method.
the ribeye was broiled in my square grill cast iron (CI) it was lightly season with sea salt & multi-colored ground pepper. onion was sauteed in the little CI.
rice/beans was made in another CI. made up some kinda homemade steak sauce, ingredients for sauce - A1, worcestershire, jamacian hot chocolate chiles, chipotle morita powder & in a little CI bowl.
then put a final touch on it & branded it :lol:

DSCF4032.jpg

DSCF4038.jpg

I kept it simple!

Seriously good looking! And branding foo! Win!

Do you have a closer pic? You probably already ate it! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back