• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! Stuff It! Oktoberfest Throwdown Official Thread

Who made the best sausage meal?

• chilliman's Big Bertha Giant Beer Bun & Skinless Chilli Dog

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • moyboy's Red Hot Chipotle Oktoberfest Sausages

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • frydad4's Oktoberfest Sausage Blow

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Quadshotz's Spicy Steak Snausages

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AlabamaJack's Spicy Ziti a la Texas (aka Spaghetti Western)

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • SumOfMyBits' The Old College Try

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • POTAWIE's Schlachtplatte

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • texas blues' Chorizo del Mar Po' Boy w/ Bacon Beer Cheese Soup

Votes: 6 18.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
JayT said:
Very nice everyone. Ya know, everyone's entries are nice. Potawie is definitely a pro. TB, extra points for the cheese and beer soup. AJ definitely gets the foo foo award. But, I gotta go with Moyboy. That stuff looks amazing.

If Pippy had used the UDS for his snausage it would have been an automatic WIN! But since he didn't (and even hinted that he would before hand), he gets a big fat FAIL!

Salute! TB.

texas blues said:
If Pippy had used the UDS for his snausage it would have been an automatic WIN! But since he didn't (and even hinted that he would before hand), he gets a big fat FAIL!

Salute! TB.

I say thank you to JayT and I say :( to TB......

I hinted that I MAY use the UDS IF I have it going......

It's still in construction....

pics will be revealed on thursday at or around 12:47pm Australian time...

And i'm not happy as I have lost an hour due to Day light savings time here in OZ..

NOW BACK TO THE THROWDOWN...:lol:

After trying my hand at sausage making and realizing how much skill/technique it takes to make a good looking sausage, I think Potawie takes it. Pure sausage 101 takes it in my book this time.

moyboy did good for a first timer. Nice simmering shot. TB's po' boy looks good too.

Hmmm, POTAWIE got that perfect shape, color, and texture of the beer brats, and they are moist inside (glistening).

Haven't voted yet.......

you guys really ripped it up this time.. Great looking stuff all around. :drooling: I wish I had checked up on the site more often and planned for this. Fail . I would have throw my hat in the ring with a pulled pork snausage.. lots of leftovers from a pork butt I smoked all day yesterday.

I think it would be hard to make real sausage with pre-cooked meat Ashen, but it would still likely be good eats:)

I actually have a recipe that uses cooked ham and fresh pork butt for the meat blend that I think would work fairly well but a simpler variation would just be to form a cohesive sausage shape with the pulled pork and a binder .. poach it then batter and deepfry so the batter is the casing.

I'll be honest here... SoFlo Posse actually thought a sausage sausage would have been fun, albeit somewhat superfluous. No typo there... a variety of ground up sausages to make sausage... Yeah, maybe too much Busch Light influenced THAT thought process.

I don't think that would have won Ashen sounds weird lol!

Noshownate said:
aj got my vote, know i have some knowldege of what to do and what not to do.
allwin
I gotta be honest I'm confused by AJ's, I wish he had better pics. I don't see any ziti, or a ziti box in the ingredients, but the title says it. Is it baked ziti with sausage and cheese on top?

thehotpepper.com said:
I gotta be honest I'm confused by AJ's, I wish he had better pics. I don't see any ziti, or a ziti box in the ingredients, but the title says it. Is it baked ziti with sausage and cheese on top?

I concur. My witchdoctor says.......Nova reset the meter.

Salute', TB.

thehotpepper.com said:
Hmmm, POTAWIE got that perfect shape, color, and texture of the beer brats, and they are moist inside (glistening)

What? Really? No one's gonna take the low road on that one? On a sausage thread?

Ah hell, anyway- good stuff again folks. Not a lot of entries on this one, glad to see the ones that did though. Already excited to see the next month!

Good sausagin' all! Potawie's platter looks real legit! I'm a suckah for seafood too though.

I really enjoyed this throwdown.....:)

I'm still enjoying the left over sausages for lunch and dinner today!!!

I absolutely love the smoke flavour from the chipotles and using the water from the rehydrated chipotles was a great move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back