• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! Super Bowl MVP (Mouthwatering Vanguard Plate)

Vote for the most appetizing, innovative dish suitable for a Super Bowl party.

• Pepperfreak - Fiery Philly Cheese Steak Eggrolls

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • AlabamaJack - There Ain't No Shrimp On This Field

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • heartbreakingdawns - Annihilgator Empanadas w/Bhut-Blackberry Sauce

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • JayT - JayT's Who Dat Cajun Crab Dip

• mel - Mel's Super-Balls

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • moyboy - Pippy's Sweet and Spicy Balls of Fun

• salsalady - Shrimp Ceviche

• texas blues - TB's Bhut Fry Cup

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • SumOfMyBits - Yamburger Sliders Extra Angry!!!

• ImpyChick - Impy's Wing Poppers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • paulky_2000 - Poppin' Spring Rolls

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
actually her name was.....

anyway, back to the topic of this thread...

I suppose I am gonna end up not getting my second crown dangit...and I sooooo tried...

I think Pf should lose 5 votes because he made something with "Philadelphia" in the title and they weren't even in the game (Just kidding....)

I got no love from the voters, but I am still enjoying the crab dip. In fact, I still have a lot left. That was a damn big bowl and it is soooo rich. I think there may be some crab poppers in my near future. PF deserves this one those sure did look good. AJ you definitely had the most creative entry in any throwdown so far. I just think like has happened to me a couple of times the picture may not have done it justice. It looks maybe a little too busy. I would be proud to take that to a superbowl party though.

I think Jay is correct on all counts. Kudos to everyone for the awesome entries. BTW...I loved the crab dip! It will make a perfect popper filling. Speaking of popper filling...well....EH! I suppose I chose the wrong recipe. It wasn't flamboyant, but was quite original and tasty.

Whoa...Thanks guys! I was hoping that I could win my first crown and have it be this one instead of the DQ or the Pooping crown. However, it ain't over yet.

Pepperfreak said:
Whoa...Thanks guys! I was hoping that I could win my first crown and have it be this one instead of the DQ or the Pooping crown. However, it ain't over yet.

You mean you don't like my crown?

mel said:
a last chance grab for votes... is this cheating?? proof it was finger food!

removed
Yeah it was sort of cheating so I removed it ;)

Don't want people saying they voted because of a pic entered late.

I am in agreement that everyones dish looked fantastic!! I have voted based on the criteria of being: fun, well presented, easy to eat with a beer in one hand and a large foam finger on the other, and great for "super bowl". I had a lot of fun in my first throwdown and am really excited to know that I can do this every month!!!!, this forum kicks ass!

HBD, glad to hear that. TIP for next time: If you would have put three empanadas on a plate with one cut in half so you could see the inside I guarantee you would have gotten votes. Looking at your entry we're basically voting on fried dough. But it sounded killer! Take a look at some of the other photos for an idea.

Pepperfreak said:
it ain't over yet.

It basically is mate!!!! and you are looking like getting a nice little crown.......congrats in advance as I won't be back on again for many hours!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back