• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! Taco Throwdown

Who made the best tacos?

• Rymerpt - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/53914-begin-taco-throwdown/page-6#entry1143396&qu

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You people are professionals!!

Had to go with D3.

His tacos had me fantasizing about white sand beaches and buckets of Corona.

My experiance in this contest was AWESOME! So much fun.

BTW made pancakes yesterday and the fuckinpan would only alow every third not to stick. ARRRRGGHH

BTW#2 Tried burgers in the same pan last night andset off the fire alarm. Had to call the front desk before I heard sirens. LOL

My pity goes out to you with corn "issues"  ;) . First, in my world there is no such thing as a flour tortilla when it comes to Mex and Tex-Mex. Probably the first flour tortilla I knew of existed only as a novelty, but no one that I knew took it seriously as anything other than a "wrap". If it was Mexican or Tex-Mex, it was corn tortillas all the way. And, seriously, those things become nothing but goop when used for enchiladas - now why would any sane person go and do that???  

But even beyond that, if you've ever gone into a corn field full of super sweet corn first thing in the morning, pulled an ear off a stalk and eaten it right then and there, no cooking salt or butter needed, then you know you seriously have my pity if you can no longer do so. Or, take some ears back and throw them on some coals for a few then carefully peel back the husks and silk and just dig in….. OH MY! LORD HAVE MERCY! That's swoon food right there. 

Flour. It has its place. Not as a tortilla. 'Nuff said! 

geeme said:
My pity goes out to you with corn "issues"  ;) . First, in my world there is no such thing as a flour tortilla when it comes to Mex and Tex-Mex. Probably the first flour tortilla I knew of existed only as a novelty, but no one that I knew took it seriously as anything other than a "wrap". If it was Mexican or Tex-Mex, it was corn tortillas all the way. And, seriously, those things become nothing but goop when used for enchiladas - now why would any sane person go and do that???  

But even beyond that, if you've ever gone into a corn field full of super sweet corn first thing in the morning, pulled an ear off a stalk and eaten it right then and there, no cooking salt or butter needed, then you know you seriously have my pity if you can no longer do so. Or, take some ears back and throw them on some coals for a few then carefully peel back the husks and silk and just dig in….. OH MY! LORD HAVE MERCY! That's swoon food right there. 

This message brought to you in part by:
ohio_corn.jpg

Rymerpt said:
You people are professionals!!

Had to go with D3.

His tacos had me fantasizing about white sand beaches and buckets of Corona.

My experiance in this contest was AWESOME! So much fun.

BTW made pancakes yesterday and the f**kinpan would only alow every third not to stick. ARRRRGGHH

BTW#2 Tried burgers in the same pan last night andset off the fire alarm. Had to call the front desk before I heard sirens. LOL

rymerpt- you get a PASS for all cooking attempts on the 2-burner, 16" counter, Undercab-mini-fridge scenario!

geeme said:
if you've ever gone into a corn field full of super sweet corn first thing in the morning, pulled an ear off a stalk and eaten it right then and there, no cooking salt or butter needed, then you know you seriously have my pity if you can no longer do so. Or, take some ears back and throw them on some coals for a few then carefully peel back the husks and silk and just dig in….. OH MY! LORD HAVE MERCY! That's swoon food right there. 

Fresh corn, stripping the kernels off the cob with a paring knife, scraping the cob for all the cream, into the jars and Pressure Cooked. 

been there, done that, LOVE it.

I had to go with Hotstuff. Those tacos spoke to me all played up with the corn tortills, lime, and fixings. All I would need is a Modelo or Margarita and I'd be set. D3's pickled onions almost overcame the flour tortilla but I love corn.
I must add the disclaimer though that I would tear all these tacos up. But I have to go with my gut and my gut wanted Hotstuff's. Good job by all once again.

I was in awe of G's cheese taco but then when she put fruit on it the pea in my noggin started spinning

so fast I though my haid' would 'splode.

Sorry G but I just couldn't grock to the concept.

TC's blackened cod was more my style of taco but dang...

If I could, I'd slap TC's fish on G's cheese taco and then start selling 'em.

Soon I'd be rolling in cash and doing shaving commercials.

TB uses a splooge and a personal application assistant.

bieber_sriracha.jpg

JayT said:
Phah!  You'd be back in teh Big Dry Ditch blowing it all on hookers and blow!  (with me with ya I'd hope)

Negative on teh big dry ditch.

I'll never go back to that corrupt plastic wasteland.

'Sides.....

Ever body knows that Texas womenz are the hottest on the planet.

True story.

Hot stuff,throw the avocado on the ground and key where is the filler? Y'all the two I wanted to vote for. Why y'all doing me this way,lol.

sicman said:
Hot stuff,throw the avocado on the ground and key where is the filler? Y'all the two I wanted to vote for. Why y'all doing me this way,lol.

I concur. 

I'm an avocado/guac lover of the highest sort but it wasn't a balanced portion compared to the rest of the taco.

And with KBK, I also agree.

While I like to be liking simplicity, and KBK did it most righteous,  it was lacking something.

Texture or crunch?

Shredded cabbage or something similar (and no I don't mean lettuce) pico, shredded carrots, beans, etc. 

in with the taco would have gotten my vote.  

I got to give it up for KBK though.

This young man has got skills.

He cooks bettern' most peep's grandma's.

Okay not my grandma but most.

texas blues said:
I was in awe of G's cheese taco but then when she put fruit on it the pea in my noggin started spinning
so fast I though my haid' would 'splode.
Sorry G but I just couldn't grock to the concept.
 No problem, mon! I just decided to have fun with this, and fun it was! Your moanin' about your dear, sweet ma just sealed it. Ha!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back