• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! The Meltdown

Who made the best ooey gooey melt?

• keybrdkid - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/44429-begin-the-meltdown/?p=931791"]Chicke

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MeatHead1313 - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/44429-begin-the-meltdown/?p=931994"]Mea

• THE BIZ - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/44429-begin-the-meltdown/?p=932183"]Omelette

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Code word for January. Dank. :woohoo:

LEARN IT PEOPLE!!!

You had me at Bacon.

But I bowed down to the almighty Cambozola. No better cheese has been yet invented!

JayT said:
Glad it all worked out.  Very ingenious entry Gourdmaster.

Haha thanks, If we had made a prime rib roast for new years instead our entries might have been very similar. It was one huge delicious, cheesy mess to eat, sat warm and heavy in the gut for a few hours. I almost went with ciabatta bread but its a little to stiff, i would have had everything come out the sides on the first bite. The pocket with the bread heel has been one of my favorite sandwich styles for years.

Essegi you should have used this pic, the speck in your final pic covers the whole sandwich and you can't see what is under.

iPM2QCNdT51MC.jpg

....the heart stopping, coma inducing,"holy moly mother of god!" sandwich SumOfMyBits posted ran mighty close...

...but my vote goes to Husker, as soon as he posted his sandwich i was like...

lebowski-dancing.gif

quality sanga right there

+1 for Lebowsky!
The Hot Pepper said:
Essegi you should have used this pic, the speck in your final pic covers the whole sandwich and you can't see what is under.
I was in doubt with that image, then i used just the one with all.
Btw now it's nearly like i have 3 pics for my entry, not fair!:D

BTW 2 other comments:
JayT: most badass entry. Perfect cooking and cutting. If it was another day maybe you could got my vote for that...
Tinnie: I don't like eggplants. Personal thing btw, cause they are very good here! But still awesome! If there was bacon instead eggplant probably i'd voted you! :D

All great entries but only a few had what I'd say were oozy goozy melty schmelty factor goin' on.

I reckon mine did but it also just looked messiern' hell.

I saw some with the cheese not so melted and at least one where only half the cheese was actually melted.

And then some that didn't appear to have all that much cheese but more other stuff for innard's.

I'm on the fence right now.

Essi's looks dern' guud.

And I'd also get on board the SoFlo love train.

Both have the oozy goozy 'thang goin' on although I wish Sum's had just a little more cheese.

I'm so torn.

Might have to crack a red bull and ponder the sitchy 'ation while listenin' to some EMO music.

Much obliged HB.

But of all the sammich's posted, the one I want the most is Essi's.

He's got the killer bread.

The salty speck.

And the melty schmelty I just want to face plant into.

He probably won't win this t-down but its a dadgum WIN as pert' near I can reckon.

Keep voting less then 2 hours!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back