• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Walchit 2019

Guess I will attempt to make a list for you guys this time around lol

White hot peppers

. Leviathan gnarly
scorpion
. Skunk chocolate
. White hot lime
. Scotch bonnet whpII
. Ghost giant chocolate
. Bbg7 pumpkin
. Orange ribbon
. Primo x lemon drop
. Scotch bonnet
cappuccino
. Bhut Jolokia solid gold
. Bad Brains
. Big Mustard Mama
. Ghost White W strain
. Freeport Orange SB
. Swamp Thing
. Ghost peach WM
. Ghost x YBS
. Sugar Rush Peach

Cone 9

. Brazilian starfish
. Cream fatalii
. Corbaci sweet
. Sugar rush orange
. Tepin x lemon drop
. 7pot white 2013
seedtrain

G.I.P

. Death spiral
. Major pain x yaki blue
. Tabasco x bbg7
. Tiger BB
. Deda de moca

Lucky Luke

. Naganero x devils
tongue yellow
. Mojo brainstrain.
scorpion
. Choc hab x peach
tiger's tooth
. Lord Voldermort

Bhuter

. 7pot Cinder
. Bahamian Goat
. Brown Rocoto

Nmlarson

. Amish hot finger
. Numex suave orange

Pepper Guru

. Yellow Brainstrain
. Sri Lanka Chili red

D3monic

. El Scorpanero f4
Yellow cool shape
. Khang Starr Lemon
Starburst

Paul G

. F6 and f4 pdn x bmj

Bd beatz

. Bahamian Goat
. Yellow 7pot

Peter S

. Sherwoods carbonero
cream

Edmick

. Carolina Reaper
. Petit Marsellais

Black Fatalii

. Bahamian Goat
. Tekne Dolmasi

Jeff Contonio

. Little Bastard
. Judy's Peach Scorpion
. Cali Reaper
. Florissa's Peach Reaper
. Yellow Reaper

Don't Panic

. Pdn x 7pot Carmel

Texas Hot Peppers

. Bih x Sugar Rush
. Bonda Mahala
. Bert the Chili
. Peach Bonnet Scorpion X
. Sugar Rush Cream
. Chocolate Brainstrain
AU
. Bleeding Heart Yellow
. Choco Kokoo
. Brainstrain x reaper
. Bbg Apocalypse

Aj Drew

. Brazilian Starfish

Love Peppers

. Aji white lightning.
bolt F2

Jubnat

. Bahamian Goat

Malarky

. Bahamian Goat
. P. Dreadie SS

Bike808

. Habanero Peach

Dulac

. Reaper x Brainstrain F3

I have not even looked at the seeds I saved last year yet lol. More to come. If you grew anything I posted and it sucked or didn't produce very well let me know and I can free up some room lol

Walchit said:
I got some purple leaves on some promos and cinders. I either had the new ghetto light too close or I haven't been feeding them enough. Ill hit em with some fish stank and see what happens

Have the same dilemma in my grow room. Lots of seedlings have purple stems and purple tinged leaves, under 1/2 light (4 of 8 T5 bulbs on). Wasn't really sure of the cause, but think I have it figured out now.

They got worse over a few days so I hit them with 5-1-1 fish emulsion and myco earlier than I usually would, they're now greening back up again slowly. However I still think I have a nutrient issue. 

Part of the problem is I'm running trays very wet still as germination is still ongoing, so what sprouts just kind of stalls out for a while. They're setting REALLY nice roots, but the top growth is very sluggish. Hopefully once all the cells fill and I can let the trays dry out to "normal" moisture levels the micronutrients will become more available.

I am going to see if I can get azomite to suspend long enough to use it in a liquid fertilizer, to see if I can get some trace nutrients in the mix next time. If not I'll dust the trays with it before doing a top-water fert run next time, let the liquid carry it down in to the coir. Now that I have myco introduced there should be enough organic biology going on to break stuff down. You've got to have some microbial activity to make P available.

Yeah I got them with compost tea, then followed with cal mag and fish hydrosalate on the next watering, and moved the lights up. So hopefully something fixes it lol.

20190208_180336.jpg

20190208_180359.jpg

Some of them have some distorted leaves and stuff too.

Here's is a peach bonnet scorpion cross, it was the first to pop so it got a big pot, so did deda de moca.
Its crazy how much better they are doing. Its either quantum theory or the bigger pot.

Peach bonnet scorpion x

20190210_061636.jpg

Deda de moca

20190210_061651.jpg

Next year I might go ahead and start in the 18 cell trays instead of 72. Seems like it makes a big difference.

Walchit said:
Here's is a peach bonnet scorpion cross, it was the first to pop so it got a big pot, so did deda de moca.
Its crazy how much better they are doing. Its either quantum theory or the bigger pot.

Peach bonnet scorpion x

attachicon.gif
20190210_061636.jpg

Deda de moca

attachicon.gif
20190210_061651.jpg

Next year I might go ahead and start in the 18 cell trays instead of 72. Seems like it makes a big difference.
They do not like tight shoes, they like to wiggle their toes!

Walchit said:

Peach bonnet scorpion x

attachicon.gif
20190210_061636.jpg

Deda de moca

attachicon.gif
20190210_061651.jpg

Nice plants in those bigger pots.  We mostly start in 36s, then move to 3.5 inchers.  As required, the next step is one gallons or into the ground.  We've found this works best for us.   Our problem with the bigger pots is space and lighting.  

I read a study a while back about how early factors affected growth speed exponentially throughout the entire grow.

They were getting some crazy decrease in dry weight at the end of the season from removing half of a cotyledon early and nothing else.  

You might be on to something with more room early, as the plants are obviously wayyyy ahead of the others.

Walchit said:
I got some purple leaves on some promos and cinders. I either had the new ghetto light too close or I haven't been feeding them enough. Ill hit em with some fish stank and see what happens

Some Alaska never hurt a plant ;)

That and I'm a fan of large shoes from the get go, and then quickly into even larger.

But with the amout you have going....I'm thinking you need to add on to your place LOL

Kennylay said:
I read a study a while back about how early factors affected growth speed exponentially throughout the entire grow.

They were getting some crazy decrease in dry weight at the end of the season from removing half of a cotyledon early and nothing else.  

You might be on to something with more room early, as the plants are obviously wayyyy ahead of the others.

I'd believe it. 

Fertilizers matter, too. 

I noticed last year that if I hit sprouts with fish emulsion as or immediately after they hooked, they set true leaves 5 days earlier than their counterparts. So an early dose of something to get them going is kind of critical to kickstarting the process. They've used up any and all stored energy in that seed just going through that monumental growth spurt to get them out of the soil. Then they've got to strain through getting their first true leaves growing when all of the "real" stuff happens. True leaves are real tissue, it needs all of the hormones and nutrient movement to build the complex structures required for true leaves to grow. Cotys help get that kickstarted (giving you a light exchange mechanism for it to pick up necessary carbon out of the air, to build those new molecules) but a plant needs a full range of micro and macro nutrients available to grow the first "real" tissue. Especially the mobile ones.

Sprouting in coir, if I add no nutrients to it, the plants will indefinitely hang out as small seedlings with very tiny, or no true leaf development. On my last tray of the year last year, I ran a little ad hoc experiment and didn't give it any nutrients whatsoever. 

Those plants never hit the dirt that year. They stalled out at cotys for nearly 2 1/2 months before I finally forgot to water them and they kicked the bucket. They never did grow out true leaves beyond a little tiny amount.

TrentL said:

OK good I was thinking "good grief I'm horrible at this" but you're 1/3 further along than I am. :)

Of course, another 11 or 12 days might pass and then I'll look back and say "yup, I'm horrible at this" :)
I was gonna go back through your glog and tell you a started the same day you did lol. I was to lazy to get ya with that one lol.

I'm baking my last tray of ocean forest right now. Probably won't have enough lol.

TrentL said:

I'd believe it. 

Fertilizers matter, too. 

I noticed last year that if I hit sprouts with fish emulsion as or immediately after they hooked, they set true leaves 5 days earlier than their counterparts. So an early dose of something to get them going is kind of critical to kickstarting the process. They've used up any and all stored energy in that seed just going through that monumental growth spurt to get them out of the soil. Then they've got to strain through getting their first true leaves growing when all of the "real" stuff happens. True leaves are real tissue, it needs all of the hormones and nutrient movement to build the complex structures required for true leaves to grow. Cotys help get that kickstarted (giving you a light exchange mechanism for it to pick up necessary carbon out of the air, to build those new molecules) but a plant needs a full range of micro and macro nutrients available to grow the first "real" tissue. Especially the mobile ones.

Sprouting in coir, if I add no nutrients to it, the plants will indefinitely hang out as small seedlings with very tiny, or no true leaf development. On my last tray of the year last year, I ran a little ad hoc experiment and didn't give it any nutrients whatsoever. 

Those plants never hit the dirt that year. They stalled out at cotys for nearly 2 1/2 months before I finally forgot to water them and they kicked the bucket. They never did grow out true leaves beyond a little tiny amount.
Im super glad Im reading this. Ive started seeds in coir twice and both times Ive had them develop super slowly for about a month. I mean cotyledons to first pair of tiny true leaves, they just hover for a month somewhere in that range. That happened this year too! Them coming out of it maaay have been coincidental with my decision that what they had looked enough like first true leaves to fertilize. But Im not sure. Luckily I still have some chinense and all annuums to start. Im gonna run my own little test. Great tips!

Also going to throw some straight into 3/4 gallon grow bags, see how they like it. Ive seen the exact same thing you all have, with plants that are in small cells waaay behind plants I potted up early.

Back