• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Walchit 2019

Guess I will attempt to make a list for you guys this time around lol

White hot peppers

. Leviathan gnarly
scorpion
. Skunk chocolate
. White hot lime
. Scotch bonnet whpII
. Ghost giant chocolate
. Bbg7 pumpkin
. Orange ribbon
. Primo x lemon drop
. Scotch bonnet
cappuccino
. Bhut Jolokia solid gold
. Bad Brains
. Big Mustard Mama
. Ghost White W strain
. Freeport Orange SB
. Swamp Thing
. Ghost peach WM
. Ghost x YBS
. Sugar Rush Peach

Cone 9

. Brazilian starfish
. Cream fatalii
. Corbaci sweet
. Sugar rush orange
. Tepin x lemon drop
. 7pot white 2013
seedtrain

G.I.P

. Death spiral
. Major pain x yaki blue
. Tabasco x bbg7
. Tiger BB
. Deda de moca

Lucky Luke

. Naganero x devils
tongue yellow
. Mojo brainstrain.
scorpion
. Choc hab x peach
tiger's tooth
. Lord Voldermort

Bhuter

. 7pot Cinder
. Bahamian Goat
. Brown Rocoto

Nmlarson

. Amish hot finger
. Numex suave orange

Pepper Guru

. Yellow Brainstrain
. Sri Lanka Chili red

D3monic

. El Scorpanero f4
Yellow cool shape
. Khang Starr Lemon
Starburst

Paul G

. F6 and f4 pdn x bmj

Bd beatz

. Bahamian Goat
. Yellow 7pot

Peter S

. Sherwoods carbonero
cream

Edmick

. Carolina Reaper
. Petit Marsellais

Black Fatalii

. Bahamian Goat
. Tekne Dolmasi

Jeff Contonio

. Little Bastard
. Judy's Peach Scorpion
. Cali Reaper
. Florissa's Peach Reaper
. Yellow Reaper

Don't Panic

. Pdn x 7pot Carmel

Texas Hot Peppers

. Bih x Sugar Rush
. Bonda Mahala
. Bert the Chili
. Peach Bonnet Scorpion X
. Sugar Rush Cream
. Chocolate Brainstrain
AU
. Bleeding Heart Yellow
. Choco Kokoo
. Brainstrain x reaper
. Bbg Apocalypse

Aj Drew

. Brazilian Starfish

Love Peppers

. Aji white lightning.
bolt F2

Jubnat

. Bahamian Goat

Malarky

. Bahamian Goat
. P. Dreadie SS

Bike808

. Habanero Peach

Dulac

. Reaper x Brainstrain F3

I have not even looked at the seeds I saved last year yet lol. More to come. If you grew anything I posted and it sucked or didn't produce very well let me know and I can free up some room lol

stc3248 said:
Glad I found this! Looks like the lights are working well. I have better luck getting the plants into larger containers early on as well. Some do OK in the starter cells, but most of the like to let their roots have room to spread out a bit I think. Will be following along. Best of luck!
Yeah, I agree. I like the roots to grow
unimpeded as much as possible.

stc3248 said:
Glad I found this! Looks like the lights are working well. I have better luck getting the plants into larger containers early on as well. Some do OK in the starter cells, but most of them like to let their roots have room to spread out a bit I think. Will be following along. Best of luck!
I'm beginning to see how much of a difference pot size makes. I have a hard time not sprouting hundreds of seeds though lol.

Your the original page topper right? I thought I first saw you do it on Paul's glog. Or am I confused? Lol

Walchit said:
I can't do multiquote, lol.

The boiling water would probably be easier, and I had just read about gnats living through -25°F temps in Alaska. -40°C is that colder?

And Paul, my eyes work really good, hands are sometimes steady, I probably get a little o we 50% success rate

If I am not mistaken -40 is where Fahrenheit and  Celsius meet and are the same?? Honestly we have had it hit almost -50 a few times but 2 different times(10 days or more in a row)  where our nighttime lows were getting well below the -40 mark, the week before last being the most recent of course when alot of peoples even in the Northern United States went through the deep freeze ss well.

Would be tough little buggers to survive that in essentially open air but nothing surprises me.

Oh Google..how I love and hate thee all at once...... :eh:

"An Alaskan researcher discovered that the fungus gnat Exechia nugatoria is easily revived when frozen to minus 25 degrees Fahrenheit, and some members of the species may even come back when frozen to temperatures approaching minus 60 degrees."

-60 being the key point here...... :banghead: :banghead:  and more :banghead:

stc3248 said:
Yeah...there was a time when I would snipe the top of a few pages. I don't look at reply #'s anymore if I end up on top it was meant to be. Gave ole PaulG the alley-oop for this one!
Thanks for the lift, brother!

"Snipe the top of a few pages"?

Gross understatement.  We had to chase
Shane all over the forum to get one in!

Walchit said:
I hear ya. The internet said something about them freezing their bodies to go into some kind of hibernation or something. I would think the eggs would be harder to kill, but what do I know.
Sort of like Wooly Worms / Wooly Bears. They crawl
into holes in the rocks and ground and freeze solid
for the Winter. Then in Spring they thaw out and
climb up in the trees to feed and pupate. That's why
you see them crawling around on the ground in late Fall.

The natural world never ceases to amaze me.

I have 400 transplanted so far, need to get some 1010 trays to fill these voids under the lights, I should just need 4 of them to even everything out. Plants at the corners of my 3x5 areas might not get the best light, so I will try to rotate trays a little to distribute the light to different plants on different days lol.

I might actually run out of pots before I fill these lights up. I planned on doing 5 trays under each light, but I can scoot them all the way to the wall and get 2.5 extra trays on the front of each light, then 1.5 trays that sit between the lights. So that's a lot more room, I just raised the lights to try and get more spread. Hopefully they don't stretch too much.

20190220_080811.jpg

20190220_080822.jpg

A lot of the first batch that were showing deficiencies are starting to look better. Its hard to get a shot with all the plants on the bottom shelf(floor)

Here are my growdown plants and a deda de moca, a peach bonnet scorpion x, and a Sweet Twister for my daughter to take to garden club at school.

20190220_080846.jpg

I need to figure out how big of a greenhouse it would take to pot everything up to a #1 and move them to it in April or something. But this year I will probably just leave them in these little pots. Last year I had them in little cups that were smaller, I still had big plants. I'm gonna feed them more when they get outside and see if I can get more pods per plant than last year. I wanna end up mostly running strains that produce well here, cause it sucks when you grow one that doesn't give you any pods until its about to freeze. Chocolate bhutlah was loaded with green pods at the end of the season, but I didn't get one ripe one all year. I need to minimize the amout of those type of plants I grow.

Here's the cups I used last year compared to the pots I have now

20190220_094234.jpg

Walchit said:
Last year I had them in little cups that were smaller, I still had big plants.

Seriously? I fight to keep anything except paprika alive in two-gallon bags and you pretty much just drop a seed in a tablespoon of dirt and get peppers for months. Did you sell your entire soul for this or what? :D

Really though, can't wait to see your green army explode into pod production. That should be spectacular.

Back